[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Well Done Horsham.

Hastings started brightly for the first five minutes and the opening goal was probably against the run of play.

From then on, Horsham were in pretty much complete control, and the second goal (scored by ex Albion Shamir Fenelon) scored before half time sealed the tie.

A decent crowd too - although I must admit I much prefer my WSU seat/view compared to WSL

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fair play and congratulations to Horsham tonight, the best team won comfortably 3-0 and well done for a great season. 4800+ crowd tonight too.
Same crowd the women got the other week after the best efforts on social media from the club.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Who knows? I'm sure it's happened before, lots of extra travelling and overheads involved whern playing Isthmian League football.
yes perhaps

whilst they may not go out of their way to tell players not to win games, they may provide less motivation, rest key players etc

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Who knows? I'm sure it's happened before, lots of extra travelling and overheads involved whern playing Isthmian League football.
yes perhaps

whilst they may not go out of their way to tell players not to win games, they may provide less motivation, rest key players etc
Intestine points of view. Although Newhaven’s revenue will be a lot higher than most others at that level due to the 4G pitch they’ve got, which rakes in money. So not sure being promoted would be any real strain financially

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The League allocations have been released for Steps 1-6. Petersfield now in the Southern Combination Premier and a couple of new additions in Division One from Step 7. Whitehawk have got a few interesting additions in Chichester City and Hendon, Shaun Saunders now resigned so will be interesting to see who steps into the hot seat.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The League allocations have been released for Steps 1-6. Petersfield now in the Southern Combination Premier and a couple of new additions in Division One from Step 7. Whitehawk have got a few interesting additions in Chichester City and Hendon, Shaun Saunders now resigned so will be interesting to see who steps into the hot seat.
Nice to see Bognor and Chichester will have a couple of local derbies.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Wasn't it someone on here that said a week or 2 ago that Dean Cox is tipped to be going to the Hawks? (was in the Worthing thread I think.)

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Got a link Jack?

Rudgwick v Lavant for me this week for a final game in the West Sussex League.

Lavant (league champions) were 3-1 up at halftime before Rudgwick (cup champions) came back to win 4-3.

Jul 7, 2003
Got a link Jack?

Rudgwick v Lavant for me this week for a final game in the West Sussex League.

Lavant (league champions) were 3-1 up at halftime before Rudgwick (cup champions) came back to win 4-3.
I have a hatred of Lavant after they cheated my team of a place in the Sussex Junior Cup final.

Admittedly this was over 30 years ago but even seeing those Bleach of Lavant lorries on the road triggers the memory.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
WRONG THREAD BUT STILL

Is anyone watching Bolton v Oxford?
this football is absolute shite!
we are so spoilt with what we watch at times.
half of them can’t kick a ball straight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports