Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Academy Awards

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Yes I know it was the academy awards but seriously with what is going on in the world at the moment - who really cares .

It looked like a quick slap but probably not very hard as Chris Rock didn’t even flinch and just carried on with his act .

Saying that he shouldn’t have done it . Violence rarely solves anything . If he had an issue with his joke , Smitj is in a privileged position to go and speak to him after about it .

Only apologised once he realised the Academy might take some action against him . Needs to grow up. He has massive responsibility like it or not especially to the black community where he is seen as a big role model .

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Surely got to be banned from the Academy for a period of time?? You just cannot get up and PUNCH someone else on stage no matter what they said and to do so in front of tens of millions watching worldwide and as a role model to many young and impressionable people who would look up to Smith and laugh and cry with him in his films.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The only thing I wonder is do you still live with your mum and never go out?

Who the hell hasn't seen women starting shit and then stupid men ending up the ones in hospital because of it.

No, I live in my house with my girlfriend. I'd say I've seen both sexes start shit but, on balance, probably more men. To be honest though, having lived in Spain and Italy for the past 10 years, I can't say I've seen a single street fight.

Anyway, the point is, some of your views, or at least the way you express them, suggest you inhabit some weird corners of the internet. I can't be the only one that had to google what a "simp" was. Sounds like the kind of word used by those that would talk about "cucks", "alphas" and "betas".

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If nothing else Smith has made the irrelevance of the Academy Awards into a slightly interesting topic of conversation for a day or two.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
who cares really, grown filthy rich man, gets annoyed at joke about his wife, but probably laughed at all the other roasting's given out by Mr Rock. The sense of self importance and entitlement is par for course at these self indulgent events.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
This event just seems to be an opportunity for second rate comics to be rude to and take the piss out of people without realising just how embarrassing they are. Lowest form of humour. Personally, if it had been me, I would have done the same as Smith. I don’t condone it but sometimes people need to be accountable for their actions and this Rock bloke got what he deserve. I just hope he gets dropped from this sort of show becaus eearning money for that performance is just not right.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This event just seems to be an opportunity for second rate comics to be rude to and take the piss out of people without realising just how embarrassing they are. Lowest form of humour. Personally, if it had been me, I would have done the same as Smith. I don’t condone it but sometimes people need to be accountable for their actions and this Rock bloke got what he deserve. I just hope he gets dropped from this sort of show becaus eearning money for that performance is just not right.

Thing is, how many people would say that if it was The Rock that made the joke and not Chris Rock?

Everyone can be big tough and hard when there is a little guy to be slapped. I doubt Will Smith is jumping up quite so fast if he was risking his arse being kicked in return. It's a great look coming back from defending your wife's honour that she then has to drive you to A&E...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No, I live in my house with my girlfriend. I'd say I've seen both sexes start shit but, on balance, probably more men. To be honest though, having lived in Spain and Italy for the past 10 years, I can't say I've seen a single street fight.

Anyway, the point is, some of your views, or at least the way you express them, suggest you inhabit some weird corners of the internet. I can't be the only one that had to google what a "simp" was. Sounds like the kind of word used by those that would talk about "cucks", "alphas" and "betas".

I have worked in security for fun for many years.

So I dare say I've seen up close more times than you perhaps how this crap kicks off. Female violence is on the rise big time.

Cuckold originates from the 1500's, so hardly a new word.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Chris Rock is one of the greatest comedians of all time.

Voted 5th greatest of all time in a Comedy Central poll.
Voted 8th Greatest in a UK Channel 4 poll.

Won 4 Emmys, 3 Grammys

Hosted the Academy Awards 3 times.

I'd like to hear who you think is a first rate comic.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
For fun?
Reading your other posts I’m guessing you do door work, when you say for fun do you not get paid?

Yeah it's great fun to get paid good money to meet lots of people.

Imagine getting into concerts and sporting events all the time for nothing and make money

Just did a Foo Fighters gig a month ago. Surreal to have Taylor Hawkins walk by smiling and then he's dead a few weeks later.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yeah it's great fun to get paid good money to meet lots of people.

Imagine getting into concerts and sporting events all the time for nothing and make money

Just did a Foo Fighters gig a month ago. Surreal to have Taylor Hawkins walk by smiling and then he's dead a few weeks later.

I see, getting paid for a fun job, I get that.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Oscars.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here