Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 2 Escobar's

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Has anyone else seen this, it was on ESPN (channel 429) last night, a very good watch about Pablo Escobar a drug lord who put alot of money into football in colombia and Andres Escobar who was shot dead after the 1994 World Cup,

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Yes it was superb. Those 30 for 30 documentarys are bloody brilliant, The one about Terry Fox the lad with cancer who tried running across the country was incredible.

Enjoyed the ones about the Miami Hurricanes & Wayne Gretzky were superb too.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
What about Wayne Gretsky? He didn't turn into Jayne Gretsky in later life or something terrible like that I hope.

Lol no it was about his trade from the Edmonton Oilers to LA Kings & the effect it had on the popularity of Ice Hockey in America & on him & the way he was percieved in Canada.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm in the middle of this BRILLIANT series and watched The Two Escobars last night - I didn't realise I knew so little about what happened to him and that country. Very interesting and sad too.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Escobar once offered to pay off Colombia's ENTIRE national debt if the government left him alone.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Escobar the Inside Story (by his brother) is a good read.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I read in a Pablo Escobar biog that he took something 60% of the transfer fee when Faustino Asprilla left Medellin(?) for one of the big Italian clubs.
He was also "imprisoned" in his own castle, complete with cinema, and his own watchmen under agreement from the Columbian government - just so they knew where he was. It also mentions that this castle had a helipad, and he just flew in and out as he pleased.... Legend has it he threw parties where young ladies would slide down the bannisters - comando - for $50 a time. And at one point he had a house with something like 19 swimming pools in the grounds and when they dug up the gardens there was bin bags full of $$'s where he just couldn't launder the cash quick enough. If he'd run for president they'd have elected him, the townsfolk loved him.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here