Terrible April fool on the Club site

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
:dunce:

It's worse than BBC Breakfast's flying penguins - mind you that one had my 5 year old hook, line and sinker and I'm pretty sure Mrs PT bought it as well. Perhaps I should tell her that online Poker is all for charity and Spearmint Rhino is a free weights gym...

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Might have been more believable if they'd said Alton Towers or Thorpe Park.

Chessington doesn't have any thrill rides as it is primarily for kids.

What's the significance of Professor E Purirufu-ru though? Something like Prof R U Kid-In or Knot Liek-Li might have been more poignant

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You mean to tell me Luton isn't really pay on the gate?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
SEAGULLS ARE SHIP-SHAPE FOR THE RUN-IN

Albion boss Dean Wilkins has been taking full advantage of the Albion's close proximity to the waves by introducing some unusual new training methods - in Brighton Marina. Albions players have been put through their paces lately on the decks of the boats moored in the marina, in a series of exercises devised specifically to enhance their balance and ball control in the aquatic conditions. "It's something I trialled once in the boating lake at Lancing" said Wilkins. "A footballers balance is one of the most important aspects of his game, yet normal training methods all but ignore this crucial side of things. The rocking motion on the deck of a boat forces players to concentrate on their balance, and can only enhance it when they are back on solid ground".

The exercises involve a series of cones being set out along the deck, which the players then have to dribble around in the shortest time possible, whilst taking into account the rocking motion of the boat. The bizarre training sessions are held weekly, and have met with the approval of the players. Defender Kerry Mayo said: "It might seem a bit odd, and it does take a bit of getting used to, but I definitely think its worthwhile. At the end of the day, anything that the gaffer thinks will help us, we're willing to try". Midfielder Steve Thomson was also enthusiastic about the unusual sessions. "I think it's a great idea" he said. "The lads all enjoy it, it leads to some good banter and it's a real challenge as well. Anything that gives us an edge over the other teams has got to be worth trying".

The Marina training sessions have not gone without their problems though. Wilkins revealed: "Butters is a problem, as once he starts charging around the deck it's like we're in the middle of a f***ing tsunami. The boat starts rocking all over the place, and all the lads start feeling sick. Deano (Cox) had real problems with it as well - he can hardly stay on his feet just walking to and from the dressing room, let alone trying to balance on the deck of a boat. A couple of times he's fallen overboard. We've fished him out, but ended up throwing him back as he's only a wee fella". Wilkins then donned a black eyepatch, squinted comically, and said "Harhaaaar, but the mood in the squad is still BUOYANT, me hearties" before wandering off back to the training session with an exagerrated hobble. Albion Chief Executive Martin Perry has expressed "concern" as to Dean Wilkins's behaviour lately. Chairman Dick Knight was unavailable for comment.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did that one years ago - thought I might as well recycle it.
;)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The Southern FM was good this morning too, listening to it on the bus on the way to work (only because Radio1 loses reception in Lewes)

They did theyre usual £1000 minute game, and the caller got all the questions right apart from the last one

The question was "Which was the first member of Take That to leave the group"

The caller answered Robbie Williams and it was given as the incorrect answer, with the correct answer supposed to have been Gary Barlow.

The caller was then saying she was right and should have one the money. She then protested and Nicky cut her off saying she lost and thats that.

This prompted a few people to ring in and tell them they are wrong and let the woman have the prize

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
The Southern FM was good this morning too, listening to it on the bus on the way to work (only because Radio1 loses reception in Lewes)

They did theyre usual £1000 minute game, and the caller got all the questions right apart from the last one

The question was "Which was the first member of Take That to leave the group"

The caller answered Robbie Williams and it was given as the incorrect answer, with the correct answer supposed to have been Gary Barlow.

The caller was then saying she was right and should have one the money. She then protested and Nicky cut her off saying she lost and thats that.

This prompted a few people to ring in and tell them they are wrong and let the woman have the prize

There was a better one played on them. They were talking about the couple in Eastbourne who won £2.3mill on the lottery, next thing a guy phones in and says it was him who won, they then interview him(lick his boots) for 5 mins and just before he goes, he asks them what the date is.Tucked them right up:clap2:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
On Bright FM this morning we told out listeners that Terminal 5 at Heathrow was going to be completely closed over the weekend, and early next week. The reason being...They need to sort through all the luggage :lol:

People really fell for it, and started ringing in having a go at the airport etc.

Marvellous scenes!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
On Bright FM this morning we told out listeners that Terminal 5 at Heathrow was going to be completely closed over the weekend, and early next week. The reason being...They need to sort through all the luggage :lol:

People really fell for it, and started ringing in having a go at the airport etc.

Marvellous scenes!

:thud::thud::thud:

Not funny or clever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports