Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Surrey @ Hove

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Looked like quite a big crowd there today aswell having just seen the highlights on Sky Sports News, better be there early Friday!
:drink:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Great first day.Now lets bat them out of a chance of winning and put them under pressure.
Any P****E shirts on display from Surrey?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I am delighted to announce that in addition to Friday's beano it now appears likely that I'll will be in attendance from 2ish tomorrow

THE BIGGEST GAME OF CRICKET EVER HELD IN SUSSEX

and as such deserves a full suite of 'nanas

get in there boys:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
F***ING WELL DONE GRIZZLY

Over coffee this morning I suggested to a Surrey supporting mate that Cottey was due a faliure and that Adams was due to come good - I also predicted 10 wickets in the match for Mushy (pushing the boat out I know) and that we'd get more bonus points than Surrey - wasn't brave enough to call the result and won't tempt fate now but that was a f***ing good first day's performance

1-0 to Sussex after 20 odd mins

BRING IT ON

I'D LOVE IT IF WE BEAT 'EM, I REALLY WOULD

p.s. looking forwards to a couple of complimentary oranjebooms on friday thanks to the mighty Eastbourne Borough

Hi guys. Sorry not to have been on this thread earlier, but I had to go to Brighton.

Got to the game though, just in time to see Monty fall to Salisbury.

General impression of the last couple of hours was of steady progress towards a big total. Surrey set quite an attacking field - almost always 2 or 3 guys + wicketkeeper around the bat. Nothing flash from any of the Sussex batsman, but opportunities for singles were taken well.

Only worrying thing was that RM-J looked decidedly uncomfortable, and was being regularly beaten by the ball. Lots of unsuccessful lbw appeals late in the day. Maybe this bodes well for Mushy! Adams looks steady. Loads of goodwill towards him from all round the ground (and the players' benches) when he got his century.

Might manage another trip to Hove tomorrow afternoon. And add me to the Friday guest list.

:)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I've been offered corporate jollies for the test on Friday and Saturday

So I'll be chuffed it if we get this wrapped up by Friday evening

For me, this is is the sporting event of the summer

q bs

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I hope we bat quite a while today as Kirtley has gone off to Lords but he should be back by lunch if not needed!

:clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
FAO: Italia... I'm off out in a mo for most of the day again, a lunch and afternoon score update by text would be nice if thats ok sir?

I'll leave you to sort out the final arrangements with the rest for tomorrows piss up!

:clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was there all day (well nearly) and a fine day it was. Grizzly batted really well and didn't look in any trouble at all. As Lord B says, both Ambrose and Tucker looked in a bit of trouble against the spinners - Salisbury in particular was spinning it a lot: a good sign for Mushy.

Let's hope they can crack on today. Surrey's very own pieman, Ormond, bowled a load of rubbish, we'll have second helpings of that. Declare at around 600 and have Surrey reeling by close of play.

No-one's mentioned Saqlain's marathon spell. 36 successive overs from the sea end; he bowled very well too.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I've just read all 9 pages of this thread.:clap:

Well done chaps,entertaining thread, it'll save me buying the papers this morning although I doubt Sussex will get a mention anyway.

But hey look, i'm 100% behind the County that has been my home for a fair chunk of my life so I wish you all the best.

It's good that minnows have their 15 minutes of fame.

:lol:

Slurreys dominance must end

ps Dimster, you were born in Slurrey weren't you?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
DAMMIT! Wish I was going tomorrow :angry:

Anyway have fun guys and have an Oranjeboom for me :D

Anyway onto Day 2 - lets see that 400 up Sussex :clap:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I've got a half day on Friday, so will be aiming for Hove in the afternoon to cheer on Sussex.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Gotta be aiming for 500 today and then skittle surrey by the end of play, depressingly I'm not working form home today so can't listen to the commentary like yesterday.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Good Old Sussex by the Sea
You can tell them all that we'll stand or fall
For Sussex By the Sea!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Same again today please Grizzly!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Is it true Kirtley gone to Lords? it takes the p!ss if he has.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Might even wear the new Chappers Albion shirt tomorrow if, as i have heard, there will be palace in attendance.

Today can not go quick enough!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brixtaan said:
Is it true Kirtley gone to Lords? it takes the p!ss if he has.

He's not in the team:)
Sorry James but we need you for this one:clap:

Englands Number 1, England Englands Number 1!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here