Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer clear out

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
KM will recommend Hutchinson from Chelsea. I’d 100% take him as March back-up.
I follow a lot of academy football and him coming through the ranks at arsenal and since moving to Chelsea hes as highly thought of as Foden, Sancho, Palmer etc were at his age. So much potential

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Personally I’d be looking to move on

Steele - I think RDZ leaving is the final nail in the coffin for him. Verbruggen has to be first choice next season and Rushworth should be competing for his spot.

Lamptey - He just can’t stay fit and losing that yard of pace makes him so much less effective when he can.

At least one of Webster, Veltman & Igor - This is probably my most controversial take but we’ve slowly sleepwalked in to having a collection of injury prone, aging centre back options. Dunk & Veltman are 32, Webster turns 30 this year & I’m not sure Igor really fits in to a back 4. Whilst CB’s normally mature slightly later is a noticeably different age range to the rest of the squad.

Who (and how many) I’d sell depends on the next manager. If they want to play 3 at the back then I think Igor should stay, for example. However if we’re going to play a flat back 4 then I wouldn’t be opposed to two of them leaving and a younger, faster CB coming in.

A big chunk of the loan army - I think we need a clear out. Is Alzate good enough? Is Moran ever going to be good enough? Is Sarmiento ever going to be good enough? Ayari, Offiah, Turns, Sima, the Polish lad I can’t spell, Dahoud, Weir. If they aren’t good enough then get rid, get them off the wage bill and clear the path for the youth players who might be good enough. This also applies to the likes of Peupion & Chouchane.

Jury out on Moder & Dahoud, again with it depending on what formation we’re going to play next season. If we’re going to have a two man midfield and we sign the midfielder we desperately need then they’re potentially behind Baleba, Groß, Gilmour & Hinshelwood as well as any new midfielders .

I also wouldn’t have kept Milner but it’s too late for that.
Agree with all this. Would add Dahoud and Moder to go. Maybe a new manager could find a position for Moder but would be happy for them both to go. We need pace and power in!

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Will anyone of these ask to move on?

Pedro
Mitoma
Enciso
JPVH
No way anyone will touch Mitoma or Enciso this summer after serious injuries. Pedro had a poor run in. JPVH would be my only worry but can’t see what big team he fits into where he’s better than what they’ve got for the money he’d cost. I’m not worried

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
JPVH would be my only worry but can’t see what big team he fits into where he’s better than what they’ve got for the money he’d cost. I’m not worried
Man Utd?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Now de zerbi gone:

-Webster, Igor, gross, dahoud, moder, lamptey, Milner. 5 of those 7. Be lucky to get £25m total for that lot.
-sell some of the loan fringe players too (Moran, Ayari, kozlowski)
-undav and Ferguson to raise substantial fees
- 6 new players (2 CB, RB, striker, no10, defensive midfielder)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree with all this. Would add Dahoud and Moder to go. Maybe a new manager could find a position for Moder but would be happy for them both to go. We need pace and power in!
Moder was great as RB today. He got masses of love from the supporters, too.

Anyway....I have avoided this thread because it stinks. 'Who do we blame and who should be sacked' is a job for a manager to ponder, perhaps. From supporters it makes us sound like Chelsea wankers.

To people who post Summer Clear Out threads, and those who eagerly join in, I say......(brace yourself).....we need to Get Rid!

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Moder was great as RB today. He got masses of love from the supporters, too.

Anyway....I have avoided this thread because it stinks. 'Who do we blame and who should be sacked' is a job for a manager to ponder, perhaps. From supporters it makes us sound like Chelsea wankers.

To people who post Summer Clear Out threads, and those who eagerly join in, I say......(brace yourself).....we need to Get Rid!
Have you ever been in a management position or run a business? If someone hasn’t performed over a period of time you manage them out don’t you. Football is a business and it’s cut throat, there’s no time for sentiment. The ones who aren’t good enough should get thanks for their efforts and be sent on their way if we are to progress

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have you ever been in a management position or run a business? If someone hasn’t performed over a period of time you manage them out don’t you. Football is a business and it’s cut throat, there’s no time for sentiment. The ones who aren’t good enough should get thanks for their efforts and be sent on their way if we are to progress
Yes.

But football for me is not a business. I am a fan. I cannot get into the 'get rid' mindset.

It isn't even as if any parameters were set. I'll dig something out to illustrate my point in a mo...

Edit, to be fair most of the early posts are kindly and are not treating our players like chattels. Gold old NSC :love:

But as @AZ Gull points out, only 2 are out of contract, so it is persuade a sale or lump it. We can't just bin.

I suspect I'm a sentimental old fool when it comes to letting decent hard working people go.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I thought Moder was immense today and, since his return from a very long lay off, has improved each game and certainly proved his worth. I'd keep him
I'm sorry but I just can't agree with this. I thought he was very poor today (along with others), constantly out of position and lacks pace . United got behind him so many times it was glaringly obvious that he was out of his depth. In second half he charged into a few tackles on the half way line and got turned so easily - once he had to tug back the escaping winger and got yellow carded. I appreciate that he was being asked to play out of position but I am unsure what his position is as he doesn't seem to shine in any of them.

In summary he needs to be moved on - along with the following IMO - Steele, Lamptey, Igor, Milner, Buonanotte & Fati. However, knowing how we operate I think only Fati will go.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I'm sorry but I just can't agree with this. I thought he was very poor today (along with others), constantly out of position and lacks pace . United got behind him so many times it was glaringly obvious that he was out of his depth. In second half he charged into a few tackles on the half way line and got turned so easily - once he had to tug back the escaping winger and got yellow carded. I appreciate that he was being asked to play out of position but I am unsure what his position is as he doesn't seem to shine in any of them.

In summary he needs to be moved on - along with the following IMO - Steele, Lamptey, Igor, Milner, Buonanotte & Fati. However, knowing how we operate I think only Fati will go.
Don't apologise, we just have different views.
Some of his defensive tackling was sublime today and he was happy to get forward - mind you, one of his shots did bring back memories of Bissouma and Row z!

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Don't apologise, we just have different views.
Some of his defensive tackling was sublime today and he was happy to get forward - mind you, one of his shots did bring back memories of Bissouma and Row z!
In his defense, it was on the volley and those are easy to f**k up. I like Moder, I think he's already shown he has what it takes. I find it perplexing that so many people seem to have jumped on his back for what it seems, is picking up a horrific injury. He's no slower for it, ala Lamptey. He's not scared to get into the thick of things, ala Fati. Its just a bit weird.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Now de zerbi gone:

-Webster, Igor, gross, dahoud, moder, lamptey, Milner. 5 of those 7. Be lucky to get £25m total for that lot.
-sell some of the loan fringe players too (Moran, Ayari, kozlowski)
-undav and Ferguson to raise substantial fees
- 6 new players (2 CB, RB, striker, no10, defensive midfielder)
Ferguson won't raise a "substantial" fee, that ship sailed a long time ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here