Stockport appeal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Was about to post about this too. Glad I searched first.

What an excellent idea. Gonna chuck a quid myself I think.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
In 2003 Coca-Cola League Two football club Stockport County was sold by its private owners to a consortium. Due to the large debts that had been left with the club, ownership of Edgeley Park, the home of Stockport County for more than 100 years was taken away from the football club.

In 2005 the fans of Stockport County succeeded in buying back the football club to become one of a handful of football clubs owned by the fans. As part of the purchase of the club by the fans there is an option to buy back Edgeley Park within eight years and return the ground to the original owners. Ownership of the stadium is the only way to secure the long term future of the football club, a proud club which has existed for 125 years.

We need your help, and if you can spend time simply by buying 1 or more pixels either for yourself or as a gift to a family member or friend, with a brief message of support then our dream of raising £1 million as a deposit on the £4.5 million purchase of the ground will become a reality. It's not about who you support, it's about a real football club, with a proud history getting back its ground and surviving for another 125 years, thank you for your support!

NB: All proceeds raised from the pixel sale are guaranteed to be used solely for the ground purchase deposit only.

Good luck to all involved at STFC

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Ooooh just seen that pixels are a lot smaller than I imagined, I might have to push the boat out and buy two! Great cause and great fundraising idea!!

Just to say once again.

Thank you to all of you who have helped and supported us in this. It really is somewhat humbling to see how many fans of other clubs are willing to dig into their pockets to try to help.

Genuine heartfelt thanks from all of us at County.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'm definitely bunging in a few quid for this - an absolutely fantastic idea

however i'm trying to come up with "witty" names at the moment to go under so should i win the draw there be a funny little stand name :)

It's been busier than we expected and is not coping entirely well with all you nice people trying to help us out. If you are having a problem then drop me a pm and I'll give you the email addy of the nice young lady who can help you out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports