Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Sound / Southern FM Best DJ?

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I always liked DOUGIE MAC, although AMBROSE HARCOURT gave him a run for his money with his big black LOVE ZONE, or whatever it was called.

I heard Bob James drove his car off the top of the top of a car park and DIED as a result.

No idea who's on Southern FM theses days. Anyone to rival the legendary crew of old? And do they still do the Guess The Voice quiz? Classic radio.:thumbsup:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Terry Garroghan (sp) used to love the last bus to Witehawk show. What has happened to him since leaving?

matt

Mar 19, 2007
It was Richard Gwynn who committed suicide. Bob James is probably still playing classic hits from 'The Oasis' in a dingy nightclub somewhere in a Worthing hotel basement.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
People knock him, but Tommy Boyd is actually a terrific DJ.
Used to love his shows on sunday nights during the late 80's...

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I was on Tommy Boyd's show once when I got through holding the phone for my mum. I was only a NIPPER. :)

Richard Gwynn, that was the one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No idea who's on Southern FM theses days. Anyone to rival the legendary crew of old? And do they still do the Guess The Voice quiz? Classic radio.:thumbsup:

Majority of networked now out from Londons Capital FM, so you get Jason Donovan etc etc

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Tommy Boyd was great on Southern Sound. Sadly when I heard him on Radio Sussex a few years ago, he had turned into an obnoxious twat who liked the sound of his own voice too much. I always liked Steve Power, Jeremy Scott, Sean Bolger, and the legendary Timbo.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
514344.jpg

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Terry Garroghan (sp) used to love the last bus to Witehawk show.

this , Paul Gilles then Terry Garroghan made Southern FM back in the day.

I don't listen anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here