Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Something HAS to be done about the home atmosphere

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We simply don't sing any decent songs.

Recent years Ulloa / Knockaert / RDZ songs all got belted out at great volume.

Now we just simply dont have any decent songs and even key players dont have songs.

Thats what needs to change and that doesnt involve posting up bollocks verses on here for new songs. It needs to be simple and effective.

Even the champions again ole ole chant is now being used by clubs for players. We don't really copy too much and we don't do original much.

The North sings but isnt loud or cohesive enough. It needs songs that the WSU backs up . Thats when the atmosphere comes through

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Maybe go the whole hog, put all five songs on rotation on the big screens. For sure it would be criminally tinpot, but sometimes needs must :moo:
That would be my suggestion but tweak it a bit. One side of the NS chooses one week, the other side the other week.
A nominated member of each side will have control of a laptop and can choose which chant is appropriate at the time. Press A for Albion, S for Seagulls, D for Dunk, R for Roberto etc. and the words instantly come up on the screens. O would turn it to a replay of a missed goal, Y straight to the replay of scored goal. F puts FFS on the screen if the opposition score. W for when it's felt the ref should be shouted at for a poor decision. Endless possibilities! :unsure:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Now we just simply dont have any decent songs and even key players dont have songs.

Thats what needs to change and that doesnt involve posting up bollocks verses on here for new songs. It needs to be simple and effective.

Even the champions again ole ole chant is now being used by clubs for players. We don't really copy too much and we don't do original much.

The North sings but isnt loud or cohesive enough. It needs songs that the WSU backs up . Thats when the atmosphere comes through
Yep, those who drive the new chants seem more keen on coming up with clever ditties (Caicedo, Joao Pedro, Adingra) than genuine chants. The only current ones like that are probably Joel Veltman and Pascal Gross.

If the two disparate groups in the North insist on being separate then they could at least sing the alternate “Billy Gilmour” lines.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
I've got a great idea.....................instead of fretting over what to sing, watch the match and support the players on the pitch ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, those who drive the new chants seem more keen on coming up with clever ditties (Caicedo, Joao Pedro, Adingra) than genuine chants. The only current ones like that are probably Joel Veltman and Pascal Gross.

If the two disparate groups in the North insist on being separate then they could at least sing the alternate “Billy Gilmour” lines.
Need The Judge back.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I don’t think that’s true at all. If anyone really can’t learn the lines to the Caicedo or Pedro songs (both sung by most other clubs in the country) then I think they have a much bigger problem than the Albion’s atmospher- dressing themselves in the morning.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

My kids hated me for quite some time after my first attempt at signing the Knockaert chant. They were young and wouldn't sing unless I did. I'd heard it a few times from the WSU and decided to join in even though it made no sense to me but in fairness some chants don't make sense my version was...
'We've got Anthony Knockhaert, he only cost a mil and he comes from Brazil, we've got Anthony Knockhaert'. If they were old enough at the time to disown me, I think they probably would have!
I received coaching from youngest Jnr for the Caicedo and RDZ chants to avoid any embarrassment. I learnt the Dunk one on the train to the FA cup semi in 2019 from everyone singing very near to me. I felt their pride in me when we got off the train and walked through the station and I sang the right words with everyone else.
Your kids being proud of you is a wonderful feeling! :blush:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I don’t think that’s true at all. If anyone really can’t learn the lines to the Caicedo or Pedro songs (both sung by most other clubs in the country) then I think they have a much bigger problem than the Albion’s atmospher- dressing themselves in the morning.
It's just mumble if you're not right next to who's singing!!! I find it odd that Pedro is being sung about by other clubs!! 😁 See my response to @Napper above. I'm proud to say I can get myself dressed in the morning. (y)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's just mumble if you're not right next to who's singing!!! I find it odd that Pedro is being sung about by other clubs!! 😁 See my response to @Napper above. I'm proud to say I can get myself dressed in the morning. (y)
It really isn’t. Unless there is a new one I haven’t heard. And you know exactly what I mean about being sung by other clubs- tell me one song (apart from GOSBTS) that we sing that isn’t sung by other clubs. We almost never come up with anything original.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The problem with the North is that it's the cheapest seats therefore you get Parents and very young kids in there, (which is quite understandable) and hence any swearing etc is frowned upon by the parents and obviously the young kids don't know any of the songs and are on their mobiles etc during most of the game.
This getting worse by the season since The Amex opened and I speak from experience as I've been in the North Stand from the beginning.
It’s cheaper to sit in zone F (east stand north end and the north shelf ) than the north stand if you have kids

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It really isn’t. Unless there is a new one I haven’t heard. And you know exactly what I mean about being sung by other clubs- tell me one song (apart from GOSBTS) that we sing that isn’t sung by other clubs. We almost never come up with anything original.
'Is this a library'? To be honest a wouldn't have a bloody clue what other clubs sing, my interest in football begins and ends with the Albion aside from England in the WC or Euro's, even then I don't watch the qualifiers. I usually sit in W1G and a lot of it is mumble! I have actually watched YouTube videos to try and work out what's being sung, so you can't accuse me of not trying!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
North can’t be extended from what I understand but installing a lower acoustic enhanced second floating ceiling might helps things.

The acoustics are exactly the same in the south as they are in the north, sitting in the North shelf I can here both sets as loudly as the other.

The real issue is 29,000 should be able to outsing 3,000 even if they are the most vocal, the same could be said about most home fans though

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
What happens on the pitch drives the atmosphere, always has and always will.

Not necessarily.

We're becoming a big club now. There are many thousands of young fans that have only ever known us in the Premier League and are super passionate about The Albion and always will be.

If there is enough of them, and they are determined enough, they could create an atmosphere that drives what happens on the pitch, not the other way around like you're expecting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here