Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sir Keir Starmer’s route to Number 10

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He’s not fooling me as I think it’s just more politicians guff but as he’s nailed on to get to no 10 we’ll see how this works out. Do you need charisma to be the PM? If so I think he’s in trouble :smile:

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
He’s not fooling me as I think it’s just more politicians guff but as he’s nailed on to get to no 10 we’ll see how this works out. Do you need charisma to be the PM? If so I think he’s in trouble :smile:
I think realistically these are the achievable targets of Sir Keir Starmer’s government- there is nothing on the nonsense of the £XXbillion green investment… certainly no mention of the very tricky balancing act between the Unions and Labour supporting business that is the “Worker’s Rights Review”nor the 1.5 million new homes.

All in all I think this is a good move - it’s a page out of Tony Blair’s playbook.

Tony Blair and several others connected to the Tony Blair Institute are seemingly very involved with planning for Government behind the scenes and I think the party are beginning to take a more professional approach because of that

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I think realistically these are the achievable targets of Sir Keir Starmer’s government- there is nothing on the nonsense of the £XXbillion green investment… certainly no mention of the very tricky balancing act between the Unions and Labour supporting business that is the “Worker’s Rights Review”nor the 1.5 million new homes.

All in all I think this is a good move - it’s a page out of Tony Blair’s playbook.

Tony Blair and several others connected to the Tony Blair Institute are seemingly very involved with planning for Government behind the scenes and I think the party are beginning to take a more professional approach because of that

Hope so

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well Brown and May didn't have any, and look how well they did. oh. though not that bad, i dont think the electorate are that bothered right now, dull and competent will do.

the promises are simple, soft, easily sold. the detail is problematic, though few will look at that. shame there's nothing about housing/planning, thats more difficult.

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Well, Atlee is frequently voted the best PM of the 20th century and he was completely charisma free ("A modest man, with much to be modest about"). I think we've had enough strutting popinjays.

True but times have changed and “beige” no longer cuts it with most people for those in power does it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Or how about the “Ed Stone” 😆
Come on Rishi. We need more of the same. Not these wishy washy labour types who keep coming up with new ideas. Boo. BOO!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
True but times have changed and “beige” no longer cuts it with most people for those in power does it?
No. We like a florid jackass, with jokes, a roving cock, and long words used carelessly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are SO Left I doubt anything that wasn’t would bear consideration :smile:

Anyway I am not a political animal, just querying if Starmer is the man for the job he is guaranteed to get. I have no axe to grind with Labour being in power.
Not according to people on the left am I 'left'. All Blair and no Corbyn, here.

The answer to your question of course is we have no idea.

Blair was 'Bambi' in the build up the his first win. Seems weird now.

None of the trope-slinging has any meaning presently.

You will simply have to be patient, young man :wink:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
What about grey?
MajorSpittingImage_1630696c.jpg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Sort of like bungle you mean?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Sort of like bungle you mean?

I know I am going to get piled onto for this BUT you don’t get to host HIGNFY if you don’t have some charisma.

Say what you like about him and 90% of it is probably right but he got elected because he was seen as being charismatic ( liar, self interest and bungling became obvious very soon afterwards)

Am I right? Can you see a world where Starmer hosts HIGNFY?

Waits for someone to point out that he has :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here