[Politics] Sir Keir Starmer’s route to Number 10

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I know I am going to get piled onto for this BUT you don’t get to host HIGNFY if you don’t have some charisma.

Say what you like about him and 90% of it is probably right but he got elected because he was seen as being charismatic ( liar, self interest and bungling became obvious very soon afterwards)

Am I right? Can you see a world where Starmer hosts HIGNFY?

Waits for someone to point out that he has :lolol:
Well, exactly.
Starmer's a politician, not a f***ing comedian.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know I am going to get piled onto for this BUT you don’t get to host HIGNFY if you don’t have some charisma.

Say what you like about him and 90% of it is probably right but he got elected because he was seen as being charismatic ( liar, self interest and bungling became obvious very soon afterwards)

I hate to be pedantic but Bungle got the job on HIGNFY EXACTLY BECAUSE he had a very long history of lying, self interest and bungling. It was the perfect opportunity for the British public to see what a complete waste of space and an expensive education he was.

Unfortunately, for a significant proportion of the British public, that flew straight over their heads. HE'S FUNNY THAT BORIS and here we are :dunce:

And although you would have thought that maybe, just maybe they've learnt something from it, from some of the posts in the last few hours on this very thread I'm not convinced :lolol:

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

my point being that he has charisma, but his character flaws were obvious prior to that. his episode revealing him to be involved in organised criminality spoke volumes, so is charisma a desireable trait in a leader? (i'm trying to avoid mentioning hitler ;))

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
my point being that he has charisma, but his character flaws were obvious prior to that. his episode revealing him to be involved in organised criminality spoke volumes, so is charisma a desireable trait in a leader? (i'm trying to avoid mentioning hitler ;))
No. It really isn't.
Can sometimes be useful to get elected but this time I think the electorate may be looking for 'not a f***ing idiot'

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Two cheeks of the same. If anyone thinks Labour is going to suddenly slash the waiting times of the NHS, make class sizes smaller, pay the public sector more money, stop mass uncontrolled unskilled immigration etc etc is seriously deluded.

There will be no difference. In fact it will be even worse

Feel free to bounce this in a couple of years 😂

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Two cheeks of the same. If anyone thinks Labour is going to suddenly slash the waiting times of the NHS, make class sizes smaller, pay the public sector more money, stop mass uncontrolled unskilled immigration etc etc is seriously deluded.

"They're all the same".

The plaintive cry of someone who has voted for a complete clusterf*** (often more than once :wink:), now realises they have voted for a complete clusterf***, but in order to try not to appear stupid or take any responsibility for the clusterf*** , claims that they're all the same so their vote didn't contribute to this current clusterf*** in any way :lolol:

Save me typing it out again, from a few pages back :wink:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm sure he can have Arsenal/Chelsea bantz with Tim

tumblr_n13302jPPI1qfeaoyo5_250.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Why bounce it? You'll think you're right whatever situation we are in.

I'm not bothered about people who aren't bothered about politics. But when I see people taking the trouble to post on a football message board to signal how little they are bothered, and suggest 'they are all the same', my immediate thought is this:

Hello, tory!

1716109384683.png

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Why bounce it? You'll think you're right whatever situation we are in.

I'm not bothered about people who aren't bothered about politics. But when I see people taking the trouble to post on a football message board to signal how little they are bothered, and suggest 'they are all the same', my immediate thought is this:

Hello, tory!

View attachment 182582
This ^

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The path seems to include ruining my Sunday morning by being a guest on Sunday Brunch.
If your Sunday morning involves that much Tim Lovejoy I have to question how good it was in the first place TBH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports