Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shoutout to Adam Webster

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
Lot of tolerance, understanding. And need for time, and nurturing on this thread. Ist season showed promise, liked him. Little since.
Wished same was shown to Fati if he ever came of the bench second half of season. Will never know now. Will we.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Lot of tolerance, understanding. And need for time, and nurturing on this thread. Ist season showed promise, liked him. Little since.
Wished same was shown to Fati if he ever came of the bench second half of season. Will never know now. Will we.
I feel like Fati's injury at Forest is what did him. He was coming into his own gradually and since then just disappeared into his shell, presumably worried about another injury.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you trying to be controversial for the sake of it?

Dunk and JPVH are clearly our best centre back pairing.
I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but I am not alone in having concerns about Dunk.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
He struggles against bigger physical forwards but has been our best defender last 3 or 4 games

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My perception of Webbo is that he doesn't have the vision and/or speed of thought of Dunk and JPvH to see long/progressive passes so doesn't have the same value to the team.

His long pass completion rate is actually better than Dunk's but that's because he made around half the attempts/90, so misses out on the high risk / high reward balls that lead to good chances.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Van Hecke. Plus, don't forget Veltman is technically a CB who plays rb
I would add that the defense without Dunk does not look significantly weaker than the Defense with it. It may be stronger. I'm not absolutely certain, but that itself tells its own tale. Dunk is still pretty good, but it is about nuance. I am not distraught to see the renewed Webster in the back 4. I am not campaigning for Dunk to be dropped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here