Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shoutout to Adam Webster

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
With a new manager he may get more opportunities to play than he has done under RDZ. I am pleased that he has had a run of games , albeit late in the season. The stick he has taken from some , whilst other players’ shortcomings and errors are ignored , has been pretty harsh.
Staying clear of injury will be key though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A player who does his job quietly and consistently.

He doesn't bring any flair, he's not a South American wonderkid, he's a 29 year old, Sussex-born, solid defender, picked up from Bristol City in 2019.

I feel he's a little under-rated, perhaps a little under-appreciated, but in my opinion, has been an incredibly solid and reliable body at the heart of our defence.

Just my shout out for the end of this season.

Cheers, to Adam Webster.

View attachment 182604
Unlucky not to score today

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Ahhhh Webdini, when he gets a run of games and his mojo rises he's a delightful player. The problem tends to be that he's not fit for that many games in a row, so you get a run that goes: dodgy, somewhat dodgy, a bit dodgy, kind of decent, decent, possibly good, good, oh hello Webdini, injured.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I might be wrong but I think he’s better without Dunk alongside him Seems the added responsibility lifts his game
You're not wrong.

There is a second half to this thesis, which I whispered the other day, but not for now as I think I have stirred up enough opprobrium for one weekend :wink:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ahhhh Webdini, when he gets a run of games and his mojo rises he's a delightful player. The problem tends to be that he's not fit for that many games in a row, so you get a run that goes: dodgy, somewhat dodgy, a bit dodgy, kind of decent, decent, possibly good, good, oh hello Webdini, injured.
except this run he came straight in and was involved in some of our best results

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In thought he was on his way out the club. But his last 2 appearances have been great.
Sadly against Chelsea & manure we have let goals in when defenders have gone off the pitch only to be able to carry on. If people only went off when injured - this would help prevent this sort of thing
Webby was injured.

But this ruling is bollocks. It is supposed to be so that concussion can be properly checked. Off the pitch.

Not a preemptive punishment just in case the player may have not been 'properly' injured. FFS.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Reliable is probably the last word I’d use for him. He’s got a very bad habit of passing straight to the opposition in dangerous areas.

I suppose you can rely on that to happen at least once every game.

Clearly has ability though, the Sanchez of defenders.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Reliable is probably the last word I’d use for him. He’s got a very bad habit of passing straight to the opposition in dangerous areas.
As has Dunk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A lot of players couldn’t stay fit this season. Maybe a new manager will be less intense with the training and also play in a way that leaves defenders a little less exposed. Should probably judge him next year. As a squad player minimum, he wouldn’t be cheap to replace.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
except this run he came straight in and was involved in some of our best results
Fair enough. Can we agree he improved over the run of games though?

Jimmy Grimble

At his best he’s better than everyone else at centre half, bar Dunk. Unfortunately he is made of glass, which is a very particular problem for his position.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
He was class a few years ago but does seem to lose concentration in games now. His passing is a bit wayward at times but he is nowhere near a bad a player as many make out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here