Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Take a look at this:

Not sure if it was this (or the underlying report from ISW) that @crookie spotted?
The one report I read only mentioned one, so looks like a bit of progress from that already, good news. Any idea when the F-16s will be operational?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
No posts on here since Wednesday. It would be fantastic if Russia's great Tsar had accepted that the two years of genocide that his nazi regime have inflicted upon Ukraine, was all a massive error of judgment, but I have a feeling that is an unlikely scenario.
Do we have any reliable news relating to the progress, (or lack of), that the Ukrainians are making, with regards to regaining their territory, and inflicting a humiliating defeat on their invaders ?
Putin appears to have gone very quiet, but is it the media coverage that we are exposed to that has gone quiet ? I know that genocide has broken out in the Middle East, but I can't get unbearable suffering of the innocents in Ukraine out of my mind. Slava Ukraine !

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Reported in the Guardian early today
:
  • The Czech Republic has frozen property owned by Russia on Czech soil, it was announced. Jan Lipavský, the Czech foreign minister, said: “At my suggestion, the government today approved the freezing of Russian state assets in the Czech Republic. The commercial activities from which Russia finances the murder of Ukrainians ends here.”

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
A brave young lady - I hope she survives the prison sentence ☹️
Yes, let’s hope she survives prison but her poor health might reduce her chances. Putin’s oppression of Russian citizens and the rising death toll surely can’t go on indefinitely. There must be growing concern and resentment inside Russia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here