Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Alec needs to visit NSC, there appear to be plenty here who not only understand the intricacies of our financial system, the nuances of 442, Brexit but also Russian history and sociology 🤣🤣
Not to mention ocean-going submersibles

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was often said of Welsh football fans that the only people they hated more than English football fans was each other. Substitute Russians and The West in there and the same is true
Confirmed by a Swansea City fan on an away trip once 'If you want to invade Wales stop at the border and wait for them to stop fighting themselves'

He hated Cardiff City more than the English.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems the deal has already altered, Prigozhin exiled, Wagner forces take the MoD contract, no generals resigning. with absolutly nothing to show for his actions, i wonder how this plays out.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
OK. I just don't get it.

He was about to sweep through Moscow and take the throne. Has he just bottled it? If he's given up his army, he's dead. What?> Does he expect Lukashenko to actually protect him?

WTF is going on here?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Just read something that sort of makes sense which is that there is a financial aspect to this. Prighozin has been paid off. Actually .... nahh ... it still doesn't make sense.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just read something that sort of makes sense which is that there is a financial aspect to this. Prighozin has been paid off. Actually .... nahh ... it still doesn't make sense.
he's a wealthy chap already, thats not likely the answer.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If he doesn't end up like Saddam or Gaddafi I would be surprised
Not that he has caused a lot of suffering for other people and nations.
But maybe executions are not allowed in civilised european countries.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
seems the deal has already altered, Prigozhin exiled, Wagner forces take the MoD contract, no generals resigning. with absolutly nothing to show for his actions, i wonder how this plays out.
...and I read that only the Wagner forces that DID NOT join the rebellion will be given the MOD contract... so what happens to those that did rebel (which I thought was all of them 🤔).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Actually this might not be good news for the Ukraine, Putin may go in extra hard to prove a point that Wagner were led poorly.
Russia hadn't been failing because they were being too soft. Going 'extra hard' isn't a solution for Russia.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This is an utter embarrassment and humiliation for Putin. Word will spread internally about what’s happening with Wagner which will further undermine the SMO and weaken Putin’s position👍😂
Not so sure any of that is true at all.

There were two quite plausible explanations put by Radio 5 callers earlier, suggesting Putin comes out of this stronger.

1. Increasingly rogue Wagner group tamed. Prighozin exiled to Belarus whilst a large chunk of his forces are absorbed into the Russian army.

2. It's a joint move by Putin and Prighozin. Wagner group forces and Prighozin rest up in Belarus for a bit, 70 miles from Kyiv, ready to launch an attack on Ukraine.

I haven't been following events in Ukraine close enough to know if point 2 is a possibility or not.

I'm pretty sure though that nothing is likely quite what it seems when it comes to today's events in Russia.

I'm also pretty sure that we'll hear plenty of explanations that suit a Western agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here