Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That's...an escalation

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
That's...an escalation
Could be, but it might be a call to arms by Russia.

Several months ago, the Royal United Services Institute wrote an article predicting that as Russia continues to lose the ground war, expect an uptick in activity on other fronts, e.g. cyber warfare, propaganda etc.

The clip is only a few seconds long, and filmed at a distance, even though there will be a myriad of CCTV systems surrounding the Kremlin itself. There is no evidence of a drone attack. No close ups, no pictures of drones brought down. No identification and no smoking gun.

Then study the replies to the initial tweet. They constitute an avalanche of anti-Ukraine and anti-US comment, complete with GIFs, clips, you name it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, give Vlad an excuse to cancel his May 9th Victory Day celebrations and avoid any embarrassment.

If the Ukrainian's really do have the ability to hit the Kremlin with a drone then it says a lot about how poorly organised Putin's set up is.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Stinks of a false flag. Waiting for a Russian ‘retaliatory’ strike on the Presidential palace in Kyiv.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Reactions: Vin

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Maybe so. But, MSM is reporting the same story.
Indeed. Here is the BBC article:

In the clip, you can see that someone is filming the Kremlin with a hand-held camera (you can see the camera move) at precisely the right time to catch the drone strike and its destruction, if that is what was filmed. Whoever was filming it, was expecting it to happen.

Edit: I've just read the Reuters report:

The following excerpt, if true, suggests it could have been just chance that the camera operator was filming at that moment.

'The video was posted in the early hours of Wednesday on a group for residents of a neighbourhood that faces the Kremlin across the Mosvka River. It was picked up by Russian media, including the Telegram channel of the military news outlet Zvezda.'

Last edited:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
There’s no way that this was a Ukrainian military operation on the Kremlin, I fear it’s meant to try and pre-emptively justify something horrific that the Kremlin wants to inflict on Ukraine’s leadership.

The evidence looks flimsy at best. My first thought is a false flag operation, but possibly could be a disgruntled Russian citizen trying to say it with drones.

Looks decidedly like a poorly staged ‘incident’ to me. I would be surprised if it was genuine.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There’s no way that this was a Ukrainian military operation on the Kremlin, I fear it’s meant to try and pre-emptively justify something horrific that the Kremlin wants to inflict on Ukraine’s leadership.

The evidence looks flimsy at best. My first thought is a false flag operation, but possibly could be a disgruntled Russian citizen trying to say it with drones.

Looks decidedly like a poorly staged ‘incident’ to me. I would be surprised if it was genuine.
The timing feels too perfect in terms of how Russia can then respond on/with regards 9th May.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Because of course, everyone knows that at night Vlad likes nothing better than climbing to the top of the Kremlin and perching on top of the flagpole.

They really do take us all for mugs don’t they?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As others have said, I’m not buying it, along with pretty much anything Russia say.

False flag, justification for “reprisals” and more crimes against humanity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here