Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The nightmare scenario may be on the cards :

[Tweet]1560159020887019522[/Tweet]

He means "without" not "with" in this follow up :

[Tweet]1560159750297354240[/Tweet]

[Tweet]1560155377072840706[/Tweet]

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The nightmare scenario may be on the cards :

[Tweet]1560159020887019522[/Tweet]

He means "without" not "with" in this follow up :

[Tweet]1560159750297354240[/Tweet]

[Tweet]1560155377072840706[/Tweet]

As if any person on earth with a single brain cell would believe that Ukraine decided to wipe out it's own people by doing that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As if any person on earth with a single brain cell would believe that Ukraine decided to wipe out it's own people by doing that.

There are plenty I fear. Russia has spent two decades building it’s propaganda machine. There will be plenty in the US and UK parroting the same, Fox News and GB News for instance have both regurgitated Kremlin lines during this conflict at times. Farage will likely be out repeating it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are plenty I fear. Russia has spent two decades building it’s propaganda machine. There will be plenty in the US and UK parroting the same, Fox News and GB News for instance have both regurgitated Kremlin lines during this conflict at times. Farage will likely be out repeating it.

There is not one single sane reason for even considering believing it

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There is not one single sane reason for even considering believing it

But you're looking at it from the perspective of someone who is aware of the wider context. The idea of them doing it deliberately wouldn't fly, but the idea of a "false flag gone wrong" would easily gain traction in parts of the world where Russia has spread it's tentacles (or who would rather believe Russia than "the west").

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[Tweet]1560305949281222658[/Tweet]

Quite.

the shenanigans with Zaporizhzhia is for western consumption. that earlier tweet thread gives some sensible probability and scenarios. my feeble knowledge of nuclear says they are normally stable and fail-safe, in the event of no action they shut down. attacking it, random shells, fire, sabotage, removing workers all should result in shutdown.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Oh FFS! We all know Farage is the devil incarnate for getting us out of the EU - but Farage as a supporter of Putin, Russian aggression and the destruction of Ukraine? Get a grip!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh FFS! We all know Farage is the devil incarnate for getting us out of the EU - but Farage as a supporter of Putin, Russian aggression and the destruction of Ukraine? Get a grip!

He’s certainly an apologist…..

“The Russian invasion of Ukraine happened because of Western provocation of Vladimir Putin, Nigel Farage has claimed.

The former Brexit Party and Ukip chief said on Thursday that the attack was a consequence of Nato and the EU trying to "poke the Russian bear with a stick".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-ukraine-russia-eu-b2022400.html?amp

https://www.indy100.com/amp/nigel-farage-russia-ukraine-eu-2656765807

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/am...crisis-war-putin_uk_6217aa96e4b0d1388f1120b4/

Nigel Farage Accuses West Of 'Poking The Russian Bear With A Stick'

All of the times that Nigel Farage has praised Putin have resurfaced;

https://www.indy100.com/amp/nigel-farage-vladimir-putin-praise-2656789570

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017

Well, it does sound a bit tin hat, but Farage was funded by Aaron Banks, who got twitchy enough about investigative journalist Carole Cadwalladr suggesting that part of the funding for his campaigns could have involved Russian support to launch legal proceedings over a throwaway comment in her TED talk and a couple of comments on Twitter, which suggests a certain sensitivity on the subject.

Unfortunately, she spent the next three years fighting an expensive legal battle brought on by Banks, which she has just won, so hasn’t been able to pursue her line of enquiry herself. I suspect that the lawsuit has discouraged other investigative journalists from sticking their heads above the parapet.

If I wanted to destabilise a prosperous democracy, finding “lever” issues that raised strong emotions on both sides and funding positions that set people against each other would be a very good way to achieve that. I’m not convinced that we’ve necessarily been vigilant to that type of external threat until very recently, and disinformation has always been key to Putin’s work, it’s a bit of a signature of his.

I suspect we may never fully know or understand exactly why/how the levers were pulled, but there’s no doubt in my mind that a lot of energy has been put into stoking division through our media, both here and in the US. Here the Telegraph, the Mail and the Sun in particular have disappeared down a rabbit hole so deep they may never emerge into daylight. The Telegraph in particular was an excellent newspaper for decades, but appears to have fully embraced nonsensical, economically illiterate gobbledegook, as long as it’s a Conservative saying it. The Mail is now Paul Dacre’s personal crusade to get knighted, and the Sun is breathtaking in the bullshit it prints as news. If we had a regulator with any teeth, it wouldn’t be able to function, and would have to sit next to Viz in the comics.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Oh dear …. You are going to be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well, it does sound a bit tin hat, but Farage was funded by Aaron Banks, who got twitchy enough about investigative journalist Carole Cadwalladr suggesting that part of the funding for his campaigns could have involved Russian support to launch legal proceedings over a throwaway comment in her TED talk and a couple of comments on Twitter, which suggests a certain sensitivity on the subject.

Unfortunately, she spent the next three years fighting an expensive legal battle brought on by Banks, which she has just won, so hasn’t been able to pursue her line of enquiry herself. I suspect that the lawsuit has discouraged other investigative journalists from sticking their heads above the parapet.

If I wanted to destabilise a prosperous democracy, finding “lever” issues that raised strong emotions on both sides and funding positions that set people against each other would be a very good way to achieve that. I’m not convinced that we’ve necessarily been vigilant to that type of external threat until very recently, and disinformation has always been key to Putin’s work, it’s a bit of a signature of his.

I suspect we may never fully know or understand exactly why/how the levers were pulled, but there’s no doubt in my mind that a lot of energy has been put into stoking division through our media, both here and in the US. Here the Telegraph, the Mail and the Sun in particular have disappeared down a rabbit hole so deep they may never emerge into daylight. The Telegraph in particular was an excellent newspaper for decades, but appears to have fully embraced nonsensical, economically illiterate gobbledegook, as long as it’s a Conservative saying it. The Mail is now Paul Dacre’s personal crusade to get knighted, and the Sun is breathtaking in the bullshit it prints as news. If we had a regulator with any teeth, it wouldn’t be able to function, and would have to sit next to Viz in the comics.
You forgot to add the huge amount of funding from Russians that has found its way to the Tory Party.....yes, the party of probity and patriotism has rolled over and had its tummy tickled quite shamelessly.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1560690122110148608[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems someone has dropped another cigarette at the Russian Black Sea Fleet Headquarters.

On Wednesday 14th August it's Ukraine's Independence Day celebration. The perfect day for the Kerch bridge to disappear.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here