Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Erm.. I only said that Ukraine is the perfect testing ground for some of the West’s modern weapon systems! I didn’t mention any particular country! ???

The implication was that we are giving away our weapon system technology on the battlefield,the perfect place to do so don`t you think (That last part was rhetorical),and as i have already said - i doubt we have seen half of it ,and even better nor have the scumbag russians .

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The delusional Ruskies now reporting they have destroyed 6 Himars on top of the other two they advised last week. I think they are on drugs

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The implication was that we are giving away our weapon system technology on the battlefield,the perfect place to do so don`t you think (That last part was rhetorical),and as i have already said - i doubt we have seen half of it ,and even better nor have the scumbag russians .

No it wasn’t! My point was that western weapons manufacturers can see exactly how they work in actual war, not just on testing ranges! Nothing more.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
No it wasn’t! My point was that western weapons manufacturers can see exactly how they work in actual war, not just on testing ranges! Nothing more.

Because the Americans and the British are too stoopid to have had live tests in actual war conditions :whistle:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Because the Americans and the British are too stoopid to have had live tests in actual war conditions :whistle:

Any weapon can only be truly tested in a real world situation and Ukraine is such a situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

You’re missing the point mate. For example, don’t you think Saab BD & Thales are interested in how the NLAW has performed in actual combat, against the very enemy they probably had in mind when developing it? Of course they are. It’s ridiculous to think they’re not.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Any weapon can only be truly tested in a real world situation and Ukraine is such a situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems like your Navy as is mine and my wife`s family ,straight away i will say i did not serve due to marrying the enemy literally weeks before joining HMS Raleigh :wrong:

I don`t believe so, HMS Gloucester launched two Sea Dart missiles at a Silkworm aimed at the USS Missouri while on guard in the first Gulf War and destroyed it,but both systems had never been used in a war before ?. Things aren`t hit and miss anymore ,people are the weak link if you are firing a hand held weapon ,unfortunately computers do it better . When the Captain of the HMS Duncan was told he had 30 russian aicraft circling his ship he said `thats ok i`ve got 48 missiles` all computer locked . I definitely do not have the answers but i do believe the good guys do.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I thought this was an interesting listen for those who think sanctions aren't working, plus it bumps this thread back up onto the first page...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeP0QwSHKr8

Of course sanctions work but there are too many countries like Kazakhstan who help Russia to circumvent the Sanctions. Whilst openly claiming not to support the Invasion. Ukrainian SSU are have been clear that the Kazakhstani Government is secretly buying sanctioned goods on behalf of Russia.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Seems like your Navy as is mine and my wife`s family ,straight away i will say i did not serve due to marrying the enemy literally weeks before joining HMS Raleigh :wrong:

I don`t believe so, HMS Gloucester launched two Sea Dart missiles at a Silkworm aimed at the USS Missouri while on guard in the first Gulf War and destroyed it,but both systems had never been used in a war before ?. Things aren`t hit and miss anymore ,people are the weak link if you are firing a hand held weapon ,unfortunately computers do it better . When the Captain of the HMS Duncan was told he had 30 russian aicraft circling his ship he said `thats ok i`ve got 48 missiles` all computer locked . I definitely do not have the answers but i do believe the good guys do.

Have you not seen Top Gun 2 - Maverick??

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-stop-arming-ukraine

war.jpg

Wise words mate :thumbsup:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hey everyone, Uri says he's got this one

FZO2SfPX0AAEO9Y.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here