Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I detect an element of confusion.

Just to clarify, Nato is a defensive alliance, member nations freely choosing to be in it, to defend against Russian aggression.
If Russia were not aggressive, Nato would have no reason to exist.

As a direct result of Putin's invasion of Ukraine, Finland and probably Sweden will want to join, thus furthering Nato's 'expansion' as you put it.

How do we remove the doubt of Nato 'expansionism' when, from Putin's perspective, Nato represents a genuine threat to Russia's security?
Are you suggesting Finland, Sweden and other concerned nations should not join Nato?

Those bloody Swedes, they have always been spoiling for a fight with Russia, now they have their chance...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Russian people supporting Putin seem to believe everything the Pro Putin Media puts out on TV.

Donald Trump supporters believe everything that Trump and Fox News put out about a stolen Election.

Both all believe that shit they both spout no matter what evidence there is to the contrary. They are all in total denial.

Bearing all that in mind I think I have a solution to all this.

Why don't all the Russians just go home and Putin tell all the Russians that the won the war and that they killed all the "" so called Nazis in Ukraine "

That way we would only be fighting a Media War. Leave Putin to die in his bed, hopefully from Novochok poisoning.

That way the killing of innocent Civilians would stop.

Everything going on now is just " Bravado ". Russia can't win this now. The only way out now for Putin is a Nuclear Offensive or a Media War to try and sell what he has done so far as a " success "

I am just so convinced now that he will go Nuclear unless someone internally in Russia stops him. :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Russian people supporting Putin seem to believe everything the Pro Putin Media puts out on TV.

Donald Trump supporters believe everything that Trump and Fox News put out about a stolen Election.

Both all believe that shit they both spout no matter what evidence there is to the contrary. They are all in total denial.

Bearing all that in mind I think I have a solution to all this.

Why don't all the Russians just go home and Putin tell all the Russians that the won the war and that they killed all the "" so called Nazis in Ukraine "

That way we would only be fighting a Media War. Leave Putin to die in his bed, hopefully from Novochok poisoning.

That way the killing of innocent Civilians would stop.

Everything going on now is just " Bravado ". Russia can't win this now. The only way out now for Putin is a Nuclear Offensive or a Media War to try and sell what he has done so far as a " success "

I am just so convinced now that he will go Nuclear unless someone internally in Russia stops him. :(

I have the same fear

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m not criticising anyone on here, neither those for or against. Those who are seemingly glorifying in the military losses for the aggressor here, neither those who are, like myself, lamenting in this pointless waste of human life and totally unnecessary aggression. Which can only be blamed upon the greed and expansionism of Putin and his Government. With all the warnings we had, the previous invasions of Ukraine etc, the very well publicised build up of troops etc at the borders. Our elected leaders maybe could and certainly should have done more to prevent this outcome, but it seems to me this is just escalating to a full on confrontation of East vs West with possible Armageddon the only likely outcome. We, the human race, it seems will never be happy until we destroy our planet and each other. Scary times ahead for us all I’m afraid, with nothing seemingly anyone can do to prevent it.
My first post on this thoroughly depressing subject.

Because you know something doesn’t always mean you can prevent. But Russians dying in the combat zones is unquestionably a good thing. Long may it continue and escalate in numbers, whatever the consequences.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
IMG-20220416-WA0006.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair point. But sadly, many, many more "young conscripts" will perish before this is out. And that is Putin's fault.
Yes, and more Ukrainian civilians will die than Russian conscripts. Personally I'm fine with the death of these young conscripts because I see it as a necessary event in order for the war to end, but I certainly don't agree with the delight in those deaths being gruesome, that you and Clamp have.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We, the human race, it seems will never be happy until we destroy our planet and each other.
I completely disagree with that. It may well be the outcome, because it only takes one person to start a nuclear war, but the vast majority of humans want to get along together in peace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here