Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Do it. People are being raped, tortured, murdered, and starved to death in huge numbers. Take the recession already.

And especially since Russia will suffer a worse recession than us.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
major recession. i havent seen specific forecasts, its obvious that cutting 50% of your energy is going to have a massive impact to domestic use, commerce and industry. not just energy either, gas is major feedstock for chemical industry that Germany leads in. it isnt something they can just replace, there's years of new infrastructure required to ship in replacement sources. and all the neighbours doing he same, so pressure on people and know how to build. its not something to take lightly.

I feel like it's doable off there was a will to make it happen. Every country in Europe would need to agree to a rationing system for 3 or 4 years while simultaneously chucking every resource at fixing the supply problem and expanding the sources of renewable energy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I feel the same, but polling booth amnesia is i'm sure as prevalent there as it is here and I can see why they are reluctant to put damage the economy during this cost of living crisis. A 3% reduction in GDP was the figure I saw for cutting off Russia, so significant. It's up to the German people now to pressure their decision makers

It's easy to be critical of 'modern' Germany, but their reliance on energy goes back to decades to pre 1990 - much of what was East Germany's energy infrastructure still dates back to the Cold War. They've just layered over it over time, but that reliance is still there. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/05/business/germany-russia-oil-gas-coal.html

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The propaganda weasels will try to wriggle out of Vlad the Defiler's latest targeting of civilians at railway stations.

So, this is the evidence they have the missiles in theatre.

[Tweet]1512365362947440643[/Tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1512381917060120580[/tweet]

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov told British channel Sky News the [Russian] casualties were a huge tragedy for us [Russia].

No it's not a tragedy you c*** - it's what you deserve. It's what you get for being total and absolute ******s.
And long may it continue you piece of excrement.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Russia is a pariah state and will be for a very, very long time. I will revel in its total decline and humiliation. Well done Prickin.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Russia is a pariah state and will be for a very, very long time. I will revel in its total decline and humiliation. Well done Prickin.

Its not even a proper war. Its terrorism. What Putin is doing, by targetting civilian areas, summary executions, rape, looting etc is more like Islamic state than a conventional war

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Its not even a proper war. Its terrorism. What Putin is doing, by targetting civilian areas, summary executions, rape, looting etc is more like Islamic state than a conventional war

Exactly this. He is aggrandising it and trying to legitimise it by calling it “war”. As you say, it’s pure terrorism.

Damn nuclear weapons. The only reason that **** is alive.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

There was a bloke on LBC yesterday talking about the Russian policy of stealing the land of Ukraine and murdering the people. It’s basically Nazi genocide. They want to wipe out a people and replace them with Russians. We need to step in and put a stop to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here