Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I see some are desperate to get this thread thrown into the pit. Start up another thread if that's the case in the bearpit where you can argue all you want. This is about Ukraine not the government or past events which some want to keep going on about here

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hopefully, if/when a poster posts something on here that makes removal to the Bear Pit unavoidable the mods would simply delete the post, ban the poster and let the thread carry on. The core subject matter is too important to be dumped into the Bear Pit.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just to get the thread back on track, I see this today on the BBC website:

'There have been more than 70 separate attacks on hospitals, ambulances and doctors in Ukraine with the number increasing on a "daily basis", says the World Health Organization (WHO).'

There is clearly no level of evil to which Putin will not sink.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

'There have been more than 70 separate attacks on hospitals, ambulances and doctors in Ukraine with the number increasing on a "daily basis", says the World Health Organization (WHO).'

Such orders being followed doesn't put the artillery men in the best light. We've seen that tank drive over a car and recently a tank blow up a car with people inside.

Do you think he's trying to 'outdo' Hitler?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

We know they have absolutely no scruples by looking at the charge sheet they already have...

Medvedev saying today that they are not constrained in the use of nuclear weapons even if attacked only conventionally. So happy to illegally start a war then hide behind a nuke if it backfires on them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see some are desperate to get this thread thrown into the pit. Start up another thread if that's the case in the bearpit where you can argue all you want. This is about Ukraine not the government or past events which some want to keep going on about here
Indeed.

I think a Kremlin corruption thread has merits but this thread has enough to deal with as it is with events on the ground in Ukraine.

I mean unless MI5 arrests someone in Government and the connection is made with Ukraine, or kGB News is confirmed as a Kremlin Information Warfare attack etc. etc. then it is probably not worth diverting this thread.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well well well. Defence Minister Shoigu has re-appeard in a meeting posted today..... or has he?

See the comments underneath and try it....... open video in 2 windows and stop window 1 at 0:31 and window 2 at 1:41 and compare!

[tweet]1507634022993866758[/tweet]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
and the companies that facilitate the war machine.

as TB said, you've got to know your enemy, the FSB may have infiltrated the British government at the highest levels

It’s just that you haven’t mentioned the French Government and Renault etc. That omission rather undermines your argument and makes you come across as a little biased.

apologies, i'm confused. what is the agenda fueled by the Kremlin?

Oh, that ones easy. I was talking about the initial post I responded to where people were retweeting a Kremlin video of the recent summit where European leaders rudely snubbed Johnson. Seems the Russians over dubbed some comedy music because they know how to push the buttons of the Boris haters. All helps sow division when there are people dying in Ukraine. Sad really.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It’s just that you haven’t mentioned the French Government and Renault etc. That omission rather undermines your argument and makes you come across as a little biased.

Oh, that ones easy. I was talking about the initial post I responded to where people were retweeting a Kremlin video of the recent summit where European leaders rudely snubbed Johnson. Seems the Russians over dubbed some comedy music because they know how to push the buttons of the Boris haters. All helps sow division when there are people dying in Ukraine. Sad really..

French companies Renault, Leroy Merlin, Auchan, Decathlon even my bank HSBC is still there

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Indeed.

I think a Kremlin corruption thread has merits but this thread has enough to deal with as it is with events on the ground in Ukraine.

I mean unless MI5 arrests someone in Government and the connection is made with Ukraine, or kGB News is confirmed as a Kremlin Information Warfare attack etc. etc. then it is probably not worth diverting this thread.

indeed, and on the ground Ukrainian forces are deploying UK provided NLAW anti-tank with great effect.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
retweeting a Kremlin video of the recent summit where European leaders rudely snubbed Johnson. Seems the Russians over dubbed some comedy music because they know how to push the buttons of the Boris haters.

Even that video was fake news. The unedited version shows Biden and Macron greeting and shaking hands with Boris about 60 seconds before the supposed 'snub'. They walked past him the 2nd time because they'd literally just said hello.

We're in the situation where an army of people on twitter will share propaganda from a murderous warmongering dictator because it takes a swipe at Boris Johnson. Doesn't matter a jot of its true or relevant.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Even that video was fake news. The unedited version shows Biden and Macron greeting and shaking hands with Boris about 60 seconds before the supposed 'snub'. They walked past him the 2nd time because they'd literally just said hello.

We're in the situation where an army of people on twitter will share propaganda from a murderous warmongering dictator because it takes a swipe at Boris Johnson. Doesn't matter a jot of its true or relevant.

Yes, they had just said hello, but then Johnson is standing around with his hands in his pockets looking awkward. There were other people besides Biden & Macron he could have spoken to, but no, he stood there not knowing what to do. Why does he wait for people to come to him?

Yes, I have seen the full video.

The reason those who don't like him, are mocking it, is because his sycophants keep telling us that he is leading the free world and is world beating in everything. If they didn't flatter him so much, people wouldn't mock him.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
weirdly, there is quite a lot of politics in war!

The topic in the thread header is Politics.

The inane squeal of “keep politics out of war” is akin to “keep water out of the sea”.

Yes, they had just said hello, but then Johnson is standing around with his hands in his pockets looking awkward. There were other people besides Biden & Macron he could have spoken to, but no, he stood there not knowing what to do. Why does he wait for people to come to him?

The reason those who don't like him, are mocking it, is because his sycophants keep telling us that he is leading the free world and is world beating in everything. If they didn't flatter him so much, people wouldn't mock him.

I am perfectly aware that there is a lot of politics in war. What I failed to explain properly is that I meant that a country’s internal politic and division should be kept out of a world crisis. If we allow ourselves and others to deflect attention away from the real cause of concern then we are doing ourselves no favours, and giving no justice to the real victims in this abhorrent war. Europe especially needs to put forward a united front and not allow any wriggle room for Putin and his cronies.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I am perfectly aware that there is a lot of politics in war. What I failed to explain properly is that I meant that a country’s internal politic and division should be kept out of a world crisis. If we allow ourselves and others to deflect attention away from the real cause of concern then we are doing ourselves no favours, and giving no justice to the real victims in this abhorrent war. Europe especially needs to put forward a united front and not allow any wriggle room for Putin and his cronies.
Yeah, once it's all over we can go back to getting ****ed over by our dear leaders.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

You'll see whatever you want to see.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Had my third nuclear strike dream last night. I was in a meeting at the top of a high rise building, lots of glass, I don’t know whom I’m meeting or what it’s about but someone comes rushing in and they’re told we weren’t to be disturbed, but they’re not looking at us, and we follow their gaze out to a mushroom cloud forming in the middle distance - I then wake up in a bit of a cold sweat with a ‘what have they done’ hanging in the air. No wonder I got stuck on Wordle this morning.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Am I right in saying that Joe Biden was the first ever US president to join a meeting of the European Council but that our Mr Johnson was not invited due to previous spurious remarks re the EU/Brexit ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here