Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The black and white of it is that Russia has invaded a country. There's nothing blinkered in finding that abhorrent, whatever NATO may or may not have done. There are zero excuses.

i agree 100% , i am not voicing my opinion here i am just bringing to light the fact that there are many people in the East and on the sub continent that are cheering Putin on , they don't see it as the murder of thousands of innocent people like we do , they see it as Putin hitting back against American interference and aggression.:shrug:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I’m now concerned that China are providing hypersonic missiles to Russia. Russia has no known history in this technology and claims its use. If China is getting involved, this could become quite scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

China will almost certainly be offering it's support , Putin flew to China just before the Invasion started and the American press is reporting that Xi was informed of Putin's plans......so he knew before it started, he asked them too delay it until the olympics were over.
In this part of the world there is speculation that China will invade Taiwan at some point and is watching the reaction to Putins invasion keenly....:mad:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
So no Eastern European countries have been f***ed over by NATO.

Russia has been ****ed over by Putin.

Sorry Syd. Are you dipping into those rabbit hole websites again?

perspective my good man , perspective.....Putin has viewed the placements of American owned chemical and bio weapons factories in Ukraine with scepticism and distaste , as one would expect given his general persona and rhetoric.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
What have they done? Drafted Southern Rail management in to run it?

“Sergei - what the **** is going on? I need to get this ammunition to the front line.”

“No idea, comrade. Up until last week there were 4 trains an hour on this line. Now? **** all, plus nobody seems to know what’s going on.”

Lolz…merely unannounced rail repair works perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
China will almost certainly be offering it's support , Putin flew to China just before the Invasion started and the American press is reporting that Xi was informed of Putin's plans......so he knew before it started, he asked them too delay it until the olympics were over.
In this part of the world there is speculation that China will invade Taiwan at some point and is watching the reaction to Putins invasion keenly....:mad:

Would you like to get yourself up to date? By about a month.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
perspective my good man , perspective.....Putin has viewed the placements of American owned chemical and bio weapons factories in Ukraine with scepticism and distaste , as one would expect given his general persona and rhetoric.

News just in: man lands on moon.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
News just in: man lands on moon.

That's Australians for you.

I see they've only just banned the export of bauxite to Russia, to reduce Russia's ability to make aluminium.

I'm sure they would have banned it earlier, but it's taken this long for the pony express to reach the bauxite mine.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That's Australians for you.

I see they've only just banned the export of bauxite to Russia, to reduce Russia's ability to make aluminium.

I'm sure they would have banned it earlier, but it's taken this long for the pony express to reach the bauxite mine.

I think that's a little unfair. Very few Australians seem to come on NSC pissed and angry, go into incoherent tedious rants with no punctuation except for LOADS of full stops, then sober up and try and back track the next day :wink:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I think that's a little unfair. Very few Australians seem to come on NSC pissed and angry, go into incoherent tedious rants with no punctuation except for LOADS of full stops, then sober up and try and back track the next day :wink:

If I recall correctly, it took him three days to recover and even then all he could muster was to call you a sarcastic w*****. Very disappointing.

This from a nation famed for their sledging and hiding pieces of sandpaper down their trousers. It's just not cricket.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
i agree 100% , i am not voicing my opinion here i am just bringing to light the fact that there are many people in the East and on the sub continent that are cheering Putin on , they don't see it as the murder of thousands of innocent people like we do , they see it as Putin hitting back against American interference and aggression.:shrug:

No one is going to disagree with you that there is a fair bit of anti-American sentiment in the world, and in particular the East.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

If Putin made him aware of his plans, I bet they did not include getting stuck in the mud for 3 weeks, turning a city into dust with all the civilians in it, having his pants pulled down by Zelensky in the opinion war, and sanctions that would turn the ruble to shit.
I agree that China is interested in how this pans out, and will have Taiwan in mind, if it looks anything like it looks in Ukraine China will in no way try that now.

I think the major reason for China to not distance themselves too far from Putin, is in not pushing him closer to India.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another good thread on Russian trucks/convoys

[tweet]1505370275273183239[/tweet]

I enjoyed this thread.

If you have, effectively, a mafioso government, you find that the people who take decisions have not been recruited for their leadership or logistics skills. They are in their positions because they know how to work the system (much like our PM). I suspect that the leadership in the Russian armed forces is littered with dim thugs who know who to increase their rank but don’t know how to run an effective army.

Sadly, Putin has his bombs and missiles. The land offensive might well fail but he can attack the Ukraine for months or even years using missiles, rockets and his Air Force.

Hopefully, once the Army is defeated, the West can load the Ukraine up with modern air defensive systems.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If I recall correctly, it took him three days to recover and even then all he could muster was to call you a sarcastic w*****. Very disappointing.

This from a nation famed for their sledging and hiding pieces of sandpaper down their trousers. It's just not cricket.

i'm afraid i share your misery in being English mate , you've got a bit of a trap yourself....i suppose we'll just have to see how things pan out in Ukraine and our neck of the woods , one thing is for sure, if there is a nuclear holocaust at least you won't have to lower yourself to my level for too much longer.:rolleyes:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Says the angriest remainer and ridiculer of brexiteers on the board and now seemingly self appointed punctuation marshall. You must be an absolute peach in real life....:rolleyes:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Back to 'Russia invades Ukraine', and see this from the BBC:

'Ukraine war: Western agents seek to get inside Putin's head'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60807134

One thing that didn't really occur to me, is that the process in which Putin was told only what he wants to hear, may still be going on.
'Mr Putin may still not have the insight into how badly things are going for his own troops that Western intelligence has'.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Back to 'Russia invades Ukraine', and see this from the BBC:

'Ukraine war: Western agents seek to get inside Putin's head'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60807134

One thing that didn't really occur to me, is that the process in which Putin was told only what he wants to hear, may still be going on.
'Mr Putin may still not have the insight into how badly things are going for his own troops that Western intelligence has'.

Of course. Whos going to tell him. Hey Vlad. Wars going shit. You know that money you gave us to buy modern weapons and use on maintenance, well we bought a big yacht and a couple of villas instead.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One of the most interesting Twitter authors writes another great thread :

[Tweet]1505247886908424195[/Tweet]

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Of course. Whos going to tell him. Hey Vlad. Wars going shit. You know that money you gave us to buy modern weapons and use on maintenance, well we bought a big yacht and a couple of villas instead.

Well, yes.

But isn't the point that having created a toxic atmosphere in which he is never told the truth by those around him, because he has been ruthless with those who have told him the truth, he cannot correct the fault in the feedback loop. He can't fix it.

He can't suddenly say 'tell me the truth', as those around him have seen what happens to those who give him the truth. They disappear, get poisoned, sent to Siberia, you name it. The lucky ones get fired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here