Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
So no Eastern European countries have been f***ed over by NATO.

Russia has been ****ed over by Putin.

Sorry Syd. Are you dipping into those rabbit hole websites again?

i am looking at it from a Russian perspective , which is easy for me as i don'y live where you do ...have a good week end , i'm off out to get blurted..:cool:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A brilliant piece by the BBC’s Allan Little. Covering amongst many things historical context, the mindset of Russians to eastern European lands, the huge miscalculations by Putin and how Germany has just abandoned its Ostpolitik (export-driven foreign policy with totalitarian regimes).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60767454.amp

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Belarusian railway workers have sabotaged the line into Ukraine to stop the Russians using it for logistics

What have they done? Drafted Southern Rail management in to run it?

“Sergei - what the **** is going on? I need to get this ammunition to the front line.”

“No idea, comrade. Up until last week there were 4 trains an hour on this line. Now? **** all, plus nobody seems to know what’s going on.”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

“Sergei - what the **** is going on? I need to get this ammunition to the front line.”

“No idea, comrade. Up until last week there were 4 trains an hour on this line. Now? **** all, plus nobody seems to know what’s going on.”

‘Comrade, I have simply implemented the ‘enhanced matchday service’. The Russians are ****ed, there won’t be any trains for weeks’

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Amongst all the grimness, that did make me laugh.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I’m now concerned that China are providing hypersonic missiles to Russia. Russia has no known history in this technology and claims its use. If China is getting involved, this could become quite scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I’m now concerned that China are providing hypersonic missiles to Russia. Russia has no known history in this technology and claims its use. If China is getting involved, this could become quite scary.

I'd be surprised if that was true. The US would know for sure and didn't say anything.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

I'm afraid that that's the kind of thing that invites the challenge:

Source?

Where did you read/hear that China are providing hypersonic missiles to Russia? Please provide the evidence, link, report etc.

BTW, how do you know that Russia 'has no known history in this technology'?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm afraid that that's the kind of thing that invites the challenge:

Source?

Where did you read/hear that China are providing hypersonic missiles to Russia? Please provide the evidence, link, report etc.

BTW, how do you know that Russia 'has no known history in this technology'?

Can't beat a bit of random scaremongering speculation on a Saturday night eh

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Can't beat a bit of random scaremongering speculation on a Saturday night eh

If it's based on a decent, reliable source, then fine.

If it's based on a genuinely held concern, but based on no actual supporting evidence, then I would hope to bring the individual back down out of orbit.

If it's based on a desire to scare people, from somebody going by the moniker of ShandyH, then that's a very different matter indeed.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
If it's based on a decent, reliable source, then fine.

If it's based on a genuinely held concern, but based on no actual supporting evidence, then I would hope to bring the individual back down out of orbit.

If it's based on a desire to scare people, from somebody going by the moniker of ShandyH, then that's a very different matter indeed.

Would be interested to see a credible source also... China have no reason to take sides in this as will disrupt the apple cart for 90% of their western exports and fairy sure they have no desire to go back to the 1970's era. The only other logical explanation I can think of is China playing the long game for land control, especially lithium mining resources and energy supplies. Seems they are doing the same in Australia. When the wildfires were burning out of control in Australia a few years back China basically said it would be an act of war if the Australians used the water reserves owned by China (in Australia) to put out the fires - Similar happenings in Africa also.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That is untrue. Russia is known to have been developing them for years and Putin announced that they developed the Kinzhal missile way back in 2018.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

theres no reason Russia couldnt develop something like this. however some questions on the legitimacy of the hypersonic missle, apparently the footage published shows a airstrike from earlier in the Ukraine war.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

It is Russian, not Chinese. They have had this one since 2018, and used one in Syria.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kh-47M2_Kinzhal

They have this one too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3M22_Zircon

It is a worrying weapon though.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The long and the short of it, is we need Putin dead and Gaddafi'd through the streets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here