Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It must be out already, surely. There is something like 20m - 30m currently living outside Russia, who have the ability to see exactly what's going on. A great many of which are presumably living in the west, and likely to be less suspicious of western media than those subjected to a torrent of propaganda in their homeland.

It must be getting back to the everyman on the Moscow street, it has to be. What's he going to do about it though? We all saw Marina Ovsyannikova's courageous act yesterday, but the world may very well have seen the last of her. As inspirational as it was, it also serves as a reminder that there is a high price to pay for being a vocal dissident.

It really is a case of "if you come at the King, you best not miss".

I doubt a revolution will happen, but if, say, Belarus managed to kick out Lukashenko ( if he sends too many troops to Ukraine or the troops sent turn round ) then that could spread very rapidly to Russia.

Yoda

English & European
It must be out already, surely. There is something like 20m - 30m currently living outside Russia, who have the ability to see exactly what's going on. A great many of which are presumably living in the west, and likely to be less suspicious of western media than those subjected to a torrent of propaganda in their homeland.

It must be getting back to the everyman on the Moscow street, it has to be. What's he going to do about it though? We all saw Marina Ovsyannikova's courageous act yesterday, but the world may very well have seen the last of her. As inspirational as it was, it also serves as a reminder that there is a high price to pay for being a vocal dissident.

Whilst you say that, there are parents in Russia still believing Putin's media propaganda over their own children being bombed & shelled. That is the type of control Putin has over some of his Nation. :down:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

What an astonishingly brave woman she is. The BBC are now reporting that she is officially ‘missing’. Her lawyers can’t find her. She has sacrificed everything (including her life I’d expect) for freedom and peace. She must have known what she was doing. Horrendously sad but she is a hero for the world now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Part of the problem is that neighbours will grass on neighbours for favour. The whole country is run like the mafia, so it's not just fear of arrest for speaking out but fear of who you know and what you know. Who can you trust?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
What an astonishingly brave woman she is. The BBC are now reporting that she is officially ‘missing’. Her lawyers can’t find her. She has sacrificed everything (including her life I’d expect) for freedom and peace. She must have known what she was doing. Horrendously sad but she is a hero for the world now.

She tweeted 3hrs ago, saying she didn't regret what she did at all - but could face 10-15yrs according to her lawyer. She was home but under house arrest....

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I echo every word you've said. As brave as anyone fighting on the front line.

I agree that the chances are she won't be allowed to live, or her family will be taken hostage and she'll be forced to betray her cause

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
She tweeted 3hrs ago, saying she didn't regret what she did at all - but could face 10-15yrs according to her lawyer. She was home but under house arrest....

Not your fault, but shows how careful you have to be in disseminating anything. The Russian state are successfully tricking westerners into passing on their propaganda

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She certainly is a hero for the world. Of course I fear for her and can only hope she's ok.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Does anyone know what is the ratio required by Russian forces in which to take Ukraine as in three attackers (soldiers) v one defender there must be some sort of equation.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Does anyone know what is the ratio required by Russian forces in which to take Ukraine as in three attackers (soldiers) v one defender there must be some sort of equation.
18:1 in a Stalingrad fortified Kyiv providing all the barricades, ambush points and booby traps have been setup.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here