Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There has never been a successful regime that embraces communism in a pure ideological sense. Briefly perhaps in Russia after the revolution but communist regimes always end up with dictatorships far more akin to fascism than communism. Cuba, Albania, North Korea, China, Ruissia et al all ended up with centralised power in the hands of just one individual.

"Fascism is a system of government led by a dictator who typically rules by forcefully and often violently suppressing opposition and criticism, controlling all industry and commerce, and promoting nationalism and often racism."

Neither China nor Russia are communist states; they are fascist dictatorships.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Lord Haw Haw has been speaking his brains again...

[tweet]1502186633596215297[/tweet]

FFS, he really doesn't hide it does he? Pure 5th column stuff

Then there's his net zero BS to try and persuade us we need fossil fuels forever.

I appreciate there will be some that will never see the light with Farage, but I hope many now see him for what he really is

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I believe the owner of GB News has some suspicion around him from a French intelligence report, of reporting to the Kremlin (being a spy). Lots of Russia links with the unofficial Leave campaign that Farage was part of too, he knows which side his bread is buttered.
Please tell me there's evidence out there that means he can be locked up

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Then there's his net zero BS to try and persuade us we need fossil fuels forever.

I appreciate there will be some that will never see the light with Farage, but I hope many now see him for what he really is
I wonder if we’ll ever find out if he’s been on the Russians payroll all along, from before the referendum? Not that it’ll make an iota of difference.

Ever feel like you’ve been duped!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Unless I have mistaken what they generally post about, Tyrone is only worried about China and doesn't give a stuff about Putin.

I can relate to that - China is too far away for me to worry about. Sort of the same in reverse really.

Forgive the pedantry but China is pretty much equidistant between the U.K and Australia. I know you're talking in terms of geopolitics but I couldn't resist. It just blows my mind how far away Australia is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The FBI has had him listed as a 'person of interest' for a while. Maybe when Bannon comes to court, some of it will be revealed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There has never been a successful regime that embraces communism in a pure ideological sense. Briefly perhaps in Russia after the revolution but communist regimes always end up with dictatorships far more akin to fascism than communism. Cuba, Albania, North Korea, China, Ruissia et al all ended up with centralised power in the hands of just one individual.

"Fascism is a system of government led by a dictator who typically rules by forcefully and often violently suppressing opposition and criticism, controlling all industry and commerce, and promoting nationalism and often racism."

Neither China nor Russia are communist states; they are fascist dictatorships.

George Orwell - Animal Farm.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Is this the time to mention that when so many western firms and companies have pulled out / stopped supplying / suspended services to Russia, Marks & Spencer has refused to close its stores and continues to operate. They seem to believe that collecting for Ukraine at the checkouts is an adequate substitute for them to continuing to trade.

The CEO of M&S is Steve Rowe and his email address is:

steve.rowe@marks-and-spencer.com

I hope many others will join me in lobbying Mr Rowe in the hope that he understands that the stance being taken by his organisation is supporting a brutal, murderous regime.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Amateurs.

[Tweet]1502205961095761922[/Tweet]

Best check it for Russian bio weapons though, just in case.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
If you were wondering if Russia had scored enough own goals, it pops another one in:

'War in Ukraine: US condemns reports Russia may seize firms' assets'

'https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60703359'

'It will compound the clear message to the global business community that Russia is not a safe place to invest and do business.' - Jen Psaki, White House Press Secretary.

Of course it will. The decision making by the Kremlin continues to be jaw-droppingly incomprehensible.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You only have to look who they sent to kill Zelenskyy to see what kind of rabid dogs Putin will use.

Magomed Tushayev the Chechen was one of those rabid dogs. Luckily the Ukrainians put him down.

There will be older Generals among these armies who won't want to be inflicting civilian casualties to people they will view as being their own. People like the above will not care.

ahh the Chechens ...lets look into that shall we .....oh no , let's not .......English people , unless politically driven , are pretty clueless as to global politics , they won't realise anything is wrong until their spring roll or kebab goes up x 5 .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We don't hear much of the Chechens sent to Ukraine anymore.

Either they have suffered a terrible defeat or Kadyrov has ordered them back home.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Putin has arrested the top FSB chiefs.

[Tweet]1502254128390713344[/Tweet]

The source is good.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Putin has arrested the top FSB chiefs.

[Tweet]1502254128390713344[/Tweet]

The source is good.

If true, Putin is passing the shit downwards, in an attempt to avoid the blame himself.

First, it was 8 generals sacked.
Now, it's top FSB chiefs.

Lovely. More please.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
ahh the Chechens ...lets look into that shall we .....oh no , let's not .......English people , unless politically driven , are pretty clueless as to global politics , they won't realise anything is wrong until their spring roll or kebab goes up x 5 .

You appear to have a chip on your shoulder.

Care to share your pain with the forum? A problem shared is a problem halved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here