Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
No, I haven't watched them in full.

Notwithstanding that (not sure how me having seen them, or not, affects your opinion), based on the 3-weeks of research you have done, do you have any opinion on the three questions you have asked, or do you need to watch both of Putin's recent speeches in full first?

Why are you so interested in my opinions?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
An hour or so ago, I was explaining to my son that it was likely it was a war crime (you don't target hospitals). However, I tempered it with the possibility it was a mistake in that it might not have been deliberate, as I understand that Russian kit is not always as accurate as that of the west.

How naive and forgiving I am.

WHO have confirmed theyve attacked multiple hospitals, they did the same in Syria.

Out of interest, Lavrov said today, they havent attacked Ukraine, he also said that the hospital in Mariupol was a legitimate target as Azov battallion were in there and it was proven with their UN ambassador.

Witch Maria Zackarova said its all fake, as did the official Russian embassy in France.

Its crazy Orwellian house of lies

french embassy.jpg

and btw, this is the evidence and the "many sources" they gave to the UN that they say proves there was no real people in the maternity hospital and it was only military (even though Zackarova says it fake anyway)

[tweet]1501823680434819074[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It could have been an accident. It is possible. But it is not possible that all the destruction and killing of civilians is an accident, it is clearly part of the plan.

And if the attack on the hospital was an accident, that's not what the Kremlin are saying. They're saying it was on purpose. They're pretending there were no patients there and that it had been taken over by the military.

If the Ukrainian's have given an accurate account of casualties, then there is no way that hospital was in use given how devastating the destruction is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If the Ukrainian's have given an accurate account of casualties, then there is no way that hospital was in use given how devastating the destruction is.
Didn't Ukraine say that patients inside the hospital were injured or killed? If they did, and that's accurate, then clearly it was in use. If it was in use, but there were few casualties, then maybe they'd cleared the hospital of patients as much as they could?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I dont know, if you see the crater, it was a cruise missile that landed bang in the middle of the earth outside the 3 sided building, it left a 10m crater in the earth but didnt hit the building was a good few metres from the actual building. The damage is all blast damage not direct hit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agree with this….whilst there’s no justification for the act, that building must have been evacuated, or at least largely evacuated, beforehand.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Why are you so interested in my opinions?

I'm interested in everyone's opinion. It helps shape mine and gives me something to think about, particularly if they are different to my original thoughts. I don't know, or have considered everything, so it can only be beneficial. It seems that you have a more alternative opinion, based on what you have said so far, so you have my interest piqued.

Do you have have any opinions or thoughts on the three questions that you have asked?

For balance my current opinions are very similar to [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] above.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Agree with this….whilst there’s no justification for the act, that building must have been evacuated, or at least largely evacuated, beforehand.

Patients in the basement Dazzer, same as all hospitals under shelling.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Didn't Ukraine say that patients inside the hospital were injured or killed? If they did, and that's accurate, then clearly it was in use. If it was in use, but there were few casualties, then maybe they'd cleared the hospital of patients as much as they could?

I have no idea. BBC report officials have told them 17 wounded, 3 dead, tragic as that is. Looking at the damage, if the building was full the death toll would be in the 100s. Perhaps it is? I don't know. It's difficult to know.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I'm interested in everyone's opinion. It helps shape mine and gives me something to think about, particularly if they are different to my original thoughts. I don't know, or have considered everything, so it can only be beneficial. It seems that you have a more alternative opinion, based on what you have said so far, so you have my interest piqued.

Do you have have any opinions or thoughts on the three questions that you have asked?

For balance my current opinions are very similar to [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] above.
I think it's in my nature to play Devils Advocate. I don't think it's as simple as Putin is evil or even mad. Although he is certainly brutal and seemingly hell bent on his mission.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Earlier I posted what I thought was an interesting piece by Carlson from Fox News. I understand they have an agenda they have bias. Is he really doing the Kremlin's bidding? Is he on their payroll? I have to be clear, it's only in the last three weeks I have paid much attention to the geopolitical issues in that region. I am going to different sources and commentators to try to get an overview of the situation. It's inevitable that there are conflicting reports and opinions. What has caused Putin to take such drastic action? Why right now? What does he want? It's worrying and troubling and I feel awful for any innocent people caught in the crossfire.

Tucker Carlson …. You actually believe anything that loathsome piece of excrement says. FFS, you should be ashamed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I have no idea. BBC report officials have told them 17 wounded, 3 dead, tragic as that is. Looking at the damage, if the building was full the death toll would be in the 100s. Perhaps it is? I don't know. It's difficult to know.

Theres over 1200 deaths officially in Mariupol, mass graves being dug.

All my Mrs family are from whats called the East bank, including Mother in laws house. Its the worst part of the city in reports and has been raised to ground by shelling. 8 relatives, and friends in other parts of city, not heard from anyone since 28 February.

Execting the worse now.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Through your past 3-weeks of research of various sources, what are your opinions on these three questions?

Three weeks and he’s already lapping up Tucker ****ing Carlson. That is shocking. FWIW, Putin has been planning this for at least 8 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

All my Mrs family are from whats called the East bank, including Mother in laws house. Its the worst part of the city in reports and has been raised to ground by shelling. 8 relatives, and friends in other parts of city, not heard from anyone since 28 February.

Execting the worse now.

I can't imagine what you, and your wife must be feeling. Try to stay strong for her.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Execting the worse now.

Really so sorry to hear that. I hope for a miracle of good news for you, your wife and her relatives.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Execting the worse now.

No words I can say can convey any understanding of what your wife, her family and you are going through. It's unimaginable. I hope you get good news at some point I really do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here