Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
'Western allies will remove Russian banks from Swift'. - BBC.

Yes!

Huge blow, and more immediate than most of the sanctions to date. With the banning of Russian flights through European airspace it’s massively isolating Moscow now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
'The West' are starting to cut some Russian banks off from SWIFT I see Commiserations. Go and watch RT and a have another joint.

I believe Russia were well aware that could happen and have some plan to deal with it.

I do read RT every now and then but I rarely smoke these days; was a good suggestion though.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The battle for Kyiv is obviously going to be very important though in what way remains to be seen. If (or perhaps when) Russia take control over Kyiv we'll probably get a clearer view of how this will develop; will they settle for ending this seven year war and take control over the most important regions? In that case I suspect a quick deescalation of the situation from the global perspective. Or will they try to annex the entire Ukraine? In that case there will obviously be more war, and a higher chance of the West getting more involved.

MSM cant even spell keyev properly they keep calling it Kyiv

Shows you what theys know typical snowflakes

Regards

DF

Can these two both be banned from this thread?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Huge blow, and more immediate than most of the sanctions to date. With the banning of Russian flights through European airspace it’s massively isolating Moscow now.

It could disable the Russian economy, provided all Russian banks are covered, and provided Russia hasn't developed an alternative system.

I understand they have been working on one, for instance to pay the Kazakh workers who work across the border in Russia. I don't know if it is up and running.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I believe Russia were well aware that could happen and have some plan to deal with it.

I do read RT every now and then but I rarely smoke these days; was a good suggestion though.

What's that secret war in Jordan you mentioned a few days back that the 'MSM' refuse to talk about incidentally?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There is none afaik. That was supposed to be Yemen.

Fair enough. Do you have a Swedish Nadine Dorries wanting to ban RT in Sweden too incidentally, or are you not as blessed to have cabinet ministers of her calibre like that over there?

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Just wondering, the German offer of 1000 anti tank weapons and 500 missles. How long will it take to get to where it needs to be. Do u think it could have been done so they have it tonight, or r we talking a few days or weeks?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
'Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said the allies would stop Russia from "using its war chest," by paralysing the assets of its central bank. They also agreed to freezing its transactions and prevent the central bank from liquidating its assets.

You thought the Swift thing was big?

Putin's 600 billion dollar war chest has just been seized and deposited in Fort Knox for safekeeping.

Oooooh, they're not going to be happy......

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fair enough. Do you have a Swedish Nadine Dorries wanting to ban RT in Sweden too incidentally, or are you not as blessed to have cabinet ministers of her calibre like that over there?

Nope nothing like that. United Kingdom, Russia and Belarus are the only countries (according to Reporters without borders) in Europe to censor news and information and I think we're very unlikely to join in on that.

RT is interesting. I pretty much ignore anything they say about Russia but they often bring up dirt on the West that our media... avoid. Gives a good balance: if you want to understand the dirty nature of Russia, read Western media, and if you want to understand the dirty nature of the West, read Russian media. Also find their neutral articles on topics like environment and culture often very well-written but I'm guessing it will be less of that for a while now...

Overall media wise I find it hard to trust anyone right now. So much mixed and contradicting information. One moment it sounds like the Russian army is demoralised and suffering losses, the next it sounds like they are bulldozering the entire Ukraine in a rapid pace. Difficult to really get a grasp of how things are developing because everyone has good reasons to both lie and tell the truth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here