Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Running for REMF & BKPA - please help motivate me.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
I am currently in training for in a few weeks time I will be running the Plymouth 10k.

This will be the first race I've ever run in and realistically the first time that I've ever been able to run a race due to being somewhat of a fat bastard for most of my life until a slight change in perspective last year.

My brother (the one who originally introduced me to the Albion as a toddler) needs a new kidney and this is all part of the plan to get myself suitably small enough to donate (which I now am and am going through various tests) so in recognition of this I am running for both the REMF and the British Kidney Patient Association. I'm not normally one for shameless self promotion but I really would like to make all the sweating and sore legs worthwhile so if anyone can help me out by donating then it would be very much appreciated. You can donate online through Justgiving at my "team" page (the only way I can do the same event for two charities is to declare myself to be a team) here:
Dominoids Just Giving

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
I managed a time of 74minutes and 8 seconds. Not amazing but certainly not bad for a newbie runner so I'm pretty happy with that. Made 95 quid across both charities so far so if anybody wants to help get me into 3 figures, that would be cool.

Also, I ran in my Albion shirt and someone in the front pack chanted at me about 4k in so I wasn't the only Brighton fan running. Was it someone on here? I know there's a few other West country based fans on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here