Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Assume with amount of football Ds Zerbi watched he knew who and what we needed . Also he would have been making decisions on players out on loan. Undav was one he wanted back and would think he had spoken to him. Who is going to make these decisions now. Apart from watching a few games on TV unlikely a new manager will be able to have an opinion
What? Like de Zerbi didn't know anything about our players before he came here?

OK...........

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Seriously though, why is everyone freaking out about this? I trust the club 100%, we are one of the best run clubs in the world.

What are people expecting, a title challenge? If the new gaffer comes in and gets us in the top half again and challenging Europe - hopefully with a good stab at the FA Cup - that’s another great season.

We are overperforming on every metric. Wage to league finish, the only profitable club in the league, and numerous young talents one or more of whom could become top players (Hinshelwood, Ferguson, Enciso, Barco, et al).

Barely anyone is freaking out about it? A few silly over the top posts from the usual suspects but 95% of posts are entirely reasonable.

If a post about a manager leaving failed to generate a significant number of replies on a football forum that would be a bit odd wouldn't it?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_2092.png

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Everytime a manager leaves a club his favourites will be linked elsewhere. These will certainly include JPVH and Mitoma.

both of these players may well leave but if they do we will get massive money for them and we will go again. I am hopeful JPVH sees himself as the new dunk who will lead us for years but he may well leave. Players will always come and go.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sam Dean is explicitly stating that players will consider their futures because of Roberto’s departure.
And I’m explicitly stating that is pure guesswork based on the fact that some players have tweeted saying that they are sad he is going. It’s a win-win fluff piece. Some players will inevitably move on in the summer (making him “right”). It’s just empty column inches with a fluff piece that doesn’t actually say anything other than an unprovable guess.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I’m not trawling through the thread, too pissed.

Regardless of recent opinions I assume we’re giving him a decent send off tomorrow?
Yes, I even bought tickets I can't afford, to clap him and the players off at the end as it's been an amazing season!!! Can't speak for everyone though. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here