Radio Sussex DAB

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jerryatric

NSC Patron
Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
I am away from home and only have access to a DAB radio, which doesn't have an FM option.

Radio Sussex is available on DAB. Does anyone know if the BHA v Ipswich commentary will be broadcast?

Thanks in advance.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I am away from home and only have access to a DAB radio, which doesn't have an FM option.

Radio Sussex is available on DAB. Does anyone know if the BHA v Ipswich commentary will be broadcast?

Thanks in advance.

Yes

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
No idea. Can't even get Radio Sx on DAB in Brighton!!

I get it ok in Seaford.
I guess it all depends on location.
Next year should see it everywhere once the digital switchover is complete.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Used to try last year in Bn1 unsuccessfully, now can't get in Hurstpierpoint either.

Jerryatric

NSC Patron
Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
I am only in Worthing, but not at home. It is clear as a bell here too.

My question was related to the fact that if you listen on t'internet they don't feed the actual match commentary because of the Premium TV/ Seagull's World arrangement.

I just wondered if it was the same on DAB.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I am only in Worthing, but not at home. It is clear as a bell here too.

My question was related to the fact that if you listen on t'internet they don't feed the actual match commentary because of the Premium TV/ Seagull's World arrangement.

I just wondered if it was the same on DAB.

I agree Jerry, I used to get a crap FM reception, so on away games I listened on Seagull player, but on DAB it is great.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

Thanks in advance.

I tried last year it did not work

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Even if you do get good DAB reception, there's very little of interest once the Brighton game finishes. I'm really not interested in the managers and players of bloody Aldershot, Woking, Crawley, Eastbourne etc. talking about players I haven't heard of and how they performed in games I really don't care about, on a local Brighton frequency.

And my guess is that the supporters of each of these other clubs think the same way too.

The BBC are saving money by having a SussexAndSurrey football roundup. In trying to appeal to everybody, they satisfy nobody. It's a shame that Juice FM don't step in to run a Brighton round-up.

FWIW, Paul Clarke's commentary and punditry today was excellent.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Is there any way of streaming Radio Sussex over the internet? I'm in Sheffield now but can't really afford to fork out for SeagullsPlayer, but would ideally like to listen to the games I can't make.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This, of course, is the problem with DAB radio; you either get perfect reception or none at all. I will rue the day when we have it imposed on us.

Be prepared for the double rip off , once analogue radio is switched off (the Government's motive is to sell off the radio spectrum for a small fortune to enable growth in mobile broadband) we will end up with DAB which is already 25 years past its sell by date. Once everyone has replaced their obsolete equipment with DAB gadgets we could end up throwing them away within 2 or 3 years when DAB+ becomes the de facto broadcasting standard.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Is there any way of streaming Radio Sussex over the internet? I'm in Sheffield now but can't really afford to fork out for SeagullsPlayer, but would ideally like to listen to the games I can't make.

You can stream Radio Sussex over the Internet but you won't get the football commentaries. They are under contract to the Football League and can only air commentaries over regular radio or via Seagulls Player.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I get it ok in Seaford.
I guess it all depends on location.
Next year should see it everywhere once the digital switchover is complete.

that's television not radio. I shouldn't think radio will fully switch to Digital until 2015 at the earliest

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports