[TV] Race across the World.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
I really enjoyed this second series, especially as the whole family can watch it together.

The highlight for me was seeing "Beaky" (as we called the blondie) break down at the end as she was pipped to the post by the two lads. She was utterly gutted at missing out on the £20K prize. Marvellous scenes.

Oh well at least she managed to let her hair down at the German night - surely the top of everyone’s bucket list when they visit Brazil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
UK show was ok, not a patch on the american version though where the last pair to each checkpoint are eliminated.

That would have eliminated the UK Series 2 winners at their first hurdle. And that was part of the beauty of this series - watching two guys who were estranged and clueless at the start get closer and stronger as the series went on. It's the journey within the journey that is the special bit.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
UK show was ok, not a patch on the american version though where the last pair to each checkpoint are eliminated.

In the first UK series they eliminated the last pair to the checkpoint.

IMO this series was much better for NOT eliminating anyone - and of course two couples failed to finish the race anyway.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I really enjoyed the series, especially in lockdown as it gives you a view of the world outside beyond.

Did anyone see when the Mum and her son went to the surf club in Brazil? Looked like a fantastic place on a sandy beach, run by a British couple who I'm sure said they were from Brighton?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really enjoyed the series, especially in lockdown as it gives you a view of the world outside beyond.

Did anyone see when the Mum and her son went to the surf club in Brazil? Looked like a fantastic place on a sandy beach, run by a British couple who I'm sure said they were from Brighton?

The guy was from Brighton, yes

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In the first UK series they eliminated the last pair to the checkpoint.

IMO this series was much better for NOT eliminating anyone - and of course two couples failed to finish the race anyway.

The first series eliminated one couple - last to the first check-point. No loss, as they were a particularly dull pair of middle-aged women.

One couple had already dropped out on the very first day, because they received some bad news from home. They were replaced by a back-up couple - who were the pair who went on to win the whole thing.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Like most others found the wife from Reading a bit difficult. Her husband seemed fine and a really nice bloke, she seemed to be moaning about him far too much to be healthy, but perhaps there's more to the story we're not privy to. I was happy the two blokes won, I felt they were really open and made the most of the experience and weren't afraid to interact with local families along the way which I've always found the best part of travelling. Well deserved :clap2:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Loved it. Great finish. The first series was also excellent. I would love to be in the next series.

[MENTION=18657]bluenitsuj[/MENTION] Here you go mate, apply here

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The final episode tonight where the five teams get together to talk about their journeys and experiences.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Thought she was terrible, couldn’t put up with her.

God wasn't she. Imagine having to live with that - probably a good thing the husband is Mutt and Jeff - I'd be switching the hearing aid off all the time.

Amazing series - both this one and the one to Singapore. Really fancy travelling now after this. Love the way the Manc lads were sporting the Club Athletico Paranaense shirt. The fact one of them chose to wear a River Plate cap may have damaged their chances of receiving assistance from a huge chunk of Boca supporting population

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
would not waste my time is she or any Towie/made in chelsea etc 'celebs' were on it.
In fact I don't watch any celeb specials..

The celeb special was due to be filmed about now and would have featured Gregg 'The Veg' Wallace, funnyman Marcus Brigstocke, Dave Benson Phillips and Annie Lennox.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The celeb special was due to be filmed about now and would have featured Gregg 'The Veg' Wallace, funnyman Marcus Brigstocke, Dave Benson Phillips and Annie Lennox.

Sounds like a blessing it’s not, then. Can’t stand Wallace. Not heard of the next two and would rather remember Annie Lennox as a great singer. I really hate “celeb” programmes - don’t even watch “I’m a Celebrity...” any more.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sounds like a blessing it’s not, then. Can’t stand Wallace. Not heard of the next two and would rather remember Annie Lennox as a great singer. I really hate “celeb” programmes - don’t even watch “I’m a Celebrity...” any more.

Really don’t see why this programme needs a bloody ‘celebrity’ version. Then it just becomes a ****ing gimmick.

S2 learnt from S1, where the father and son team were infinitely more interesting than all the others, and - crucially - went on an emotional journey as well as a physical one.

That became the main point of the series - yes the race aspect is interesting to a decent degree, the travel scenery and stories fantastic, but it’s the dynamics within each couple that really make it.

Do I really want to watch Gregg ****ing Wallace gurning, acting up and ‘TV personality’ing his way across Mali or something? Like **** I do. If I wanted to watch that I’d tune into Comic Relief once a year and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports