Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question from an old bastard

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As a Brighton fan you can buy Hollister at any age.

That's
The
Law

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
f***ing ridiculous shop. I understand trying to be fashionable but it's literally like trying to find your way through a jungle.

I swear clothes shops research what the LEAST comfortable shopping conditions are (too hot, shit chart music blasted into your ears, sneering employees, cramped space) and stick as closely as they can to them.

Do a fair bit of clothes shopping online with the likes of ASOS now, I know my size with them so generally don't need to try things on, they have a pretty good no-fuss returns policy too.

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
At what age are you forbidden to buy stuff from O'Neil and Hollister?

Wandering back from the dentist, I deceided to pop in and have a look at the clothes in teh Churchill Square shop.

It looked very nice but I felt like I was being humoured when I asked in Hollister if they had any XL polo shirts (with the small albion logo on it). This fabulous looking young lady pointed me in the direction of the corner of the shop...AND IT WAS DARK!!! I couldnt read the labels and she had to help me out!

ONeil had nice stuff, but all the pictures up were young aussie beach bums!

Does any other old codgers on here get intimidated when going in these places?

Think old people can still wear this stuff as long as the logo is discreet i think...

I went in a hollister on Sat and for the first time i thought shit im old... the scatily clad girls looked so young and im 31... I felt well out of place...

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I have been in Hollister stores both here and North America mainly to get a shirt with that seagull on it. Each time I have come out with nothing as either the staff were immediately in my face and terrifying or I could not see in the dark.
Alas it's M & S /Debenhams/ or even Millets if I want some wet weather gear.
PS 20% off at M & S menswear at the moment.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have quite a few Hollister tops, and I'm 41*. Sue me.

*But not fat.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I have been in Hollister stores both here and North America mainly to get a shirt with that seagull on it. Each time I have come out with nothing as either the staff were immediately in my face and terrifying or I could not see in the dark.
Alas it's M & S /Debenhams/ or even Millets if I want some wet weather gear.
PS 20% off at M & S mensweat at the moment.

New cologne?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

Wandering back from the dentist, I deceided to pop in and have a look at the clothes in teh Churchill Square shop.

It looked very nice but I felt like I was being humoured when I asked in Hollister if they had any XL polo shirts (with the small albion logo on it). This fabulous looking young lady pointed me in the direction of the corner of the shop...AND IT WAS DARK!!! I couldnt read the labels and she had to help me out!

Just seen an advert on the telly that sounds right up your street. Jacamo is your friend, designer labels in sizes for the larger man:D

essex seagull

Nov 2, 2008
essex
i went in Hollister thinking it was a chinese restaurant from the outside ,a young lady approached me and asked me if i needed any help , i said yeah you havent got a torch handy by any chance !

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

the hollister shop is very annoying - i bought 3 items of clothing in there on saturday... I took them to the till and a very perky young lady said

"Hope you are having a great day".

"not bad" said I.

She took the clothes and said....

"awww lovely you buying presents for your daughter"?

"errr no my GF....."

"oh is she younger than you?"

"no - just small".

"cool dude be sure to check us out on face book".....

At that point i realized that BHS was a better option.

43 yo......

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
About six weeks ago I purchased a dark blue & white striped T-shirt from Hollister for £18 at the new Edinburgh Hollister in the company of my 11 year old daughter who loves the place. I am aged 46. I only really bought it because it has the Seagull logo on it.

I also own a Superfly hoodie which I love as it is in fetching Hearts maroon. A friend of my daughter said to my last night "I've been trying to get my Dad to buy some Superfly stuff for ages but he wont wear it!"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just seen an advert on the telly that sounds right up your street. Jacamo is your friend, designer labels in sizes for the larger man:D

OI

I'll have you know I have lost a couple of stone in the last 18 months and dropped from XXXl to Xl and 40 waist to 38 ( and can get into a 36 levis).

But I get your point...LOL

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There you are Dave, from the CEO. :down:

Jeffries told him: "We go after the attractive, all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong."

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hollister is a f***ing sham, pretending the location has a beach and that the company were founded in 1922, and trying to sell more clothes on the back of it.

Would be as authentic as Brighton & Hove Albion trying to pull a fast one by pretending they were founder members of the Football League and were based in central London.

Last edited:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I won't buy anything in there as I like to actually be able to SEE what I am buying first.

I reckon the reason its dark is not so you cant see what your buying but so you cant see how much it costs. I bought a "coat" for my daughter in there, £50 & its nothing more than a glorified f***ing kagoul. Yet another prime example of corporate fleecing of the consumer.
And before anyone says I didn't have to buy it, it was her birthday & she had a budget within which she could choose what she wanted...otherwise it would still be in the shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here