[Football] Qatar v Ecuador

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Ecuador are 7/5 on Bet 365 - other bookmakers are available - on Sunday to beat Qatar who are no better than a glorified pub team. I genuinely think its one of the best bets I've ever seen unless the ref is bent.

We know how good 3 of them are.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Ecuador are 7/5 on Bet 365 - other bookmakers are available - on Sunday to beat Qatar who are no better than a glorified pub team. I genuinely think its one of the best bets I've ever seen unless the ref is bent.

We know how good 3 of them are.
You think the refereeing will be fair? Bless.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
There’s loads of rumours online about referees being paid off and the result already being agreed (1-0 Qatar)

Would not be betting anything on this game between a South American team and a corrupt nation & tournament hosts

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
There’s loads of rumours online about referees being paid off and the result already being agreed (1-0 Qatar)

Would not be betting anything on this game between a South American team and a corrupt nation & tournament hosts
I don’t think for a second these rumours are true, I’m liking the post because we all saw what happened in South Korea. There is a very real chance of some very dubious refereeing.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Apparently Qatar are ranked 50 in the world and Equador 44 so the current odds seem to reflect that. But quite how Qatar got to 50 in the world rankings is a mystery unless of course your ranking can be bought as well.

The only bet I would think about on this match is a Qatar win but the odds are not very generous so won't bother.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Apparently Qatar are ranked 50 in the world and Equador 44 so the current odds seem to reflect that. But quite how Qatar got to 50 in the world rankings is a mystery unless of course your ranking can be bought as well.

The only bet I would think about on this match is a Qatar win but the odds are not very generous so won't bother.
Well they won the 2019 AFC Cup and finished 3rd in the 2021 Arab Cup.

So I hate to say it, but actually Qatar's football team isn't that bad. How many are actually Qatari as opposed to being born elsewhere though...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So I hate to say it, but actually Qatar's football team isn't that bad. How many are actually Qatari as opposed to being born elsewhere though...
Just as bad as the Welsh with our cast offs 😂
8BAA077D-5A1E-4E40-95B6-996E8BD9FFFA.jpeg

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

They’re just rank bad.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
In fairness Qatar have beaten Bulgaria, Ghana Egypt and avoided defeat against Slovenia, Chile and Morocco in the last year or so

They’ve also played a load of club teams in friendlies to get lots of match time playing together, 30 games in the last year or so.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

Yeah this has been debunked as the tweet comes from someone with a record for making stuff up.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m going in Equadorial on those bookies asses on dis one….. 50 quid on the good guys UTE

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Match fixing in a world Cup would be an astonishing revelation. Any Ecuadorian taking money to lose would not be able to set foot on their homeland, so i don't believe there's any credence to the very serious suggestion made earlier in the thread.

I make Ecuador strong favourites to win the game. I understand Qatar have had unlimited resources to plan for this tournament, but big league experience is a massive advantage.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Match fixing in a world Cup would be an astonishing revelation. Any Ecuadorian taking money to lose would not be able to set foot on their homeland, so i don't believe there's any credence to the very serious suggestion made earlier in the thread.

I make Ecuador strong favourites to win the game. I understand Qatar have had unlimited resources to plan for this tournament, but big league experience is a massive advantage.
Did you see South Korea vs Italy?

You don’t need to pay off players to get the “right result”.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In fairness Qatar have beaten Bulgaria, Ghana Egypt and avoided defeat against Slovenia, Chile and Morocco in the last year or so

They’ve also played a load of club teams in friendlies to get lots of match time playing together, 30 games in the last year or so.
between the match nobbling rumours and this, my spidey sense telling me Qatar is a good bet :moo:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did you see South Korea vs Italy?

You don’t need to pay off players to get the “right result”.
North Korea v Portugal at Goodson …. Great stuff from a grandad

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

:ROFLMAO:

So that's rather unlikely now then. Unless it has evidence, it's not true.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The best debunking of the conspiracy stuff is in here even if the quote tweet is by a Palace fan

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Match fixing? Bribes? Heaven forfend! ...... No!

So, what's the best odds on a Qatar win? (asking for a friend).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports