Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Awful news for Vennells today. She can’t now claim “not ITK, too high up the food chain”. An email and recording from 2013 prove that she was was fully aware of Horizon concerns and 8 cases of mis justice.

https://www.itv.com/news/2024-05-21/paula-vennells-smoking-gun-email-reveals-post-office-cover-up

Until now the black n white evidence was not there, instead just the damning testimonies of witnesses.

Proving also that she lied on earlier occasions under oath.
And on the day before she’s due to start giving evidence to I believe? What rotten luck with that timing…

:lol::lol::lol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Awful news for Vennells today. She can’t now claim “not ITK, too high up the food chain”. An email and recording from 2013 prove that she was was fully aware of Horizon concerns and 8 cases of mis justice.

https://www.itv.com/news/2024-05-21/paula-vennells-smoking-gun-email-reveals-post-office-cover-up

Until now the black n white evidence was not there, instead just the damning testimonies of witnesses.

Like that awful lawyer who said he didn't know how to save or print emails so it couldn't have been him who printed and saved the emails - Vennells will try and pretend that a) she has no recollection of this email, b) it may have been someone else, and so on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like that awful lawyer who said he didn't know how to save or print emails so it couldn't have been him who printed and saved the emails - Vennells will try and pretend that a) she has no recollection of this email, b) it may have been someone else, and so on.

I look forward to seeing criminal charges, similarly future Law Society disciplinary proceedings against solicitors caught out here with prima facie perverting the course of justice, lying under oath. Fraud is also very much on the agenda because they demanded compensation from sub postmasters based on a known lie.

There’s so much hard evidence here and I expect rats to turn on each other eg Fujitsu and lesser PO lights will give evidence for the prosecution against the main players.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

It's very obvious which end of the call the recording was made from. I wonder if Second Sight thought, or knew, she was going to try and throw them under the bus ? Or am I being too cynical ?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
A more preferable outcome would be taking every penny she has to pay towards compensation for those wrongly convicted, leaving her living her remaining days in a council flat on nothing more than a state pension.
Omit the council flat, why the hell give her that.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting days ahead, I expect a humble demeanor and some amnesia. Could be cringy.

View attachment 182482
Blimey. I went to school (Boundstone in Lancing) with Alwen Lyons, the former Post Office Company Secretary. Alwen Morgan she was then. She was a really nice girl. Married a local boy (Michael) who was the son of the owner of Lyons Shoes (for those of you familiar with Lancing shops of the 60s, 70s and 80s).

I'd heard a few years that she was 'something high up in the post office', but didn't realise she was that high up.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
1 hr in, just had the first tears, recover and then the first real zinger comes. Vennells on the ropes in real trouble but saved by the bell when the ceiling starts leaking abive one of the panel.

I've got it Vennels 1 Beer 4 going into the break.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unbelievable stuff at the hearing now. These scum should be jailed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here