Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plaza Vicente - Where Would You Locate It, What 3 Things Would It Feature?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
For Friday shits n giggles n that following on from that interview on Sky Vicente chooses Brighton | Sky Sports | Video | Football | Championship | Brighton

If there was to be a Plaze Vicente, where in Brighton/Sussex would you put it. What 3 things would you put in it as its features?

For me: It would be on the seafront next to Gemini
1) a statue of Vicente with his top off made of gold.
2) a tapas bar that didn't open until 8pm, all alfresco seats
3) a pharmacy

Picture1.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Out the back of Portslade station opposite Aldi, get rid of the station car park. Piazza Vicente in the Costa-Portslada!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd have it down the Level, allowing space for my quorn-fleshed robobullfighting ring to be built. The homeless i would dress as matadors, they could keep the hats and capes, and these creatures so easily teased with a slight bit of undercooking would electronically roar from their healthy pits and charge, very slowly and crookedly, toward those without roofs or toothbrushes. The rest of us would lounge on the grass with our comfortable picnics and cheer on the flesh-impersonators. There'd be a Spanish bar there too which, just like in Spain, knows no drink measurements so that a £4 shot would actually be about half a pint. The drink would be organically made locally and be something like cucumber cognac and vole-scent vodka. And, finally, we'd have a fake sun above us in the painted-blue canvas sky we've had formed above the park. It'll be baking in there, but we can lower the temperature and intensity when more than 10% of the crowd are ginger.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Although I'm a Hovite, it has to be south Brighton really. Either seafront, like you said, or change Dolphin Square (which is actually Brighton square). I prefer the latter, as a plaza should be in the laines. If he can keep playing, and stays next year, I think this is a must do.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
3) a pharmacy

I'd have it on the seafront, with:
1. A tapas bar that has a live house band playing salsa and stuff
2. A statue of the great man complete with a fountain
3. A cocktail bar

Admittedly 1 and 3 could be combined

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'd have it down the Level, allowing space for my quorn-fleshed robobullfighting ring to be built. The homeless i would dress as matadors, they could keep the hats and capes, and these creatures so easily teased with a slight bit of undercooking would electronically roar from their healthy pits and charge, very slowly and crookedly, toward those without roofs or toothbrushes. The rest of us would lounge on the grass with our comfortable picnics and cheer on the flesh-impersonators. There'd be a Spanish bar there too which, just like in Spain, knows no drink measurements so that a £4 shot would actually be about half a pint. The drink would be organically made locally and be something like cucumber cognac and vole-scent vodka. And, finally, we'd have a fake sun above us in the painted-blue canvas sky we've had formed above the park. It'll be baking in there, but we can lower the temperature and intensity when more than 10% of the crowd are ginger.

Pure joy :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For Friday shits n giggles n that following on from that interview on Sky Vicente chooses Brighton | Sky Sports | Video | Football | Championship | Brighton

If there was to be a Plaze Vicente, where in Brighton/Sussex would you put it. What 3 things would you put in it as its features?

3) a pharmacy

Picture1.jpg

That's not really the meaning of 'plaza'.

It must be open ground, surrounded by buildings. The largest space in Brighton that springs to mind would be the Old Steine. Sorry, Plaza Vicente.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to rename Grand Avenue as "Calle Vicente", move the statue of Victoria to outside Carats Cafe and replace it with said GOLD Vicente 'shirt off' statue - facing out to sea. We could then pedestrianise it and turn it into something like one of those weird parts of Spanish Cities where kids hang around in humungous throngs all night long. Magic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Superb. :lolol:

MB on form again :bowdown:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Given it's Brighton, we need to create a vegetarian organic paella. Perhaps sponsored by Infinity Foods?

I think Brighton square would be superb:

1) it has a fountain

2) it can be entered/exited from a number of sides

3) it is the happy hunting ground of Mr 'ten pence'

4) it is near many restaurants

5) It has roof terraces too

I think a gold statue of the great man, with his top off being waved aloft atop the fountain would be the 'nads de la pero

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Meat Ball - I think I love you

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It would be on the seafront in place of the Basket ball courts and would incorporate:

1) Valencia Orange stall - Freshly squeezed into Vicente shaped bottles;
2) A statue of the man celebrating with his shirt off;
3) A "Flair Zone" where only things that are super flair can occur. Such as, huge sideburns, deft triangular passing, an upward-struck collar, skill displays and most importantly a casual disdain for agricultural football.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm concerned that some of these suggustions are not entirely GRAND enough, for El Punal.

I say we pave over Pavillion Gardens with specially imported spanish cobbles.

We'd need not ONE palty tapas bar, but FOUR, so that people can wander about between them of a balmy evening having a beer here, and a tasty snack there.

And we can throw out all the old tat in the museum, and put in a dedicated interactive El Punal display. Loads of old Spain and Valencia shirts, and big screens showing his glorious moments. WE could buy the house where he was born, and ship it over, and rebuild it inside the museum. The museum would be renamed The Vicente Rodrigeuz Experience, and the town would flourish from millions of pounds of additional income from Valencien tourists.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

My thoughts exactly. Except the vole-scent vodka. Not sure about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here