Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace owners to sell?

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
How are clubs valued? The premier league is the most watched league in the most watched continent of the most watched sport on the planet yet the majority of clubs are worth a fraction of the shittiest, lowest value clubs of American sports. Even the very biggest clubs aren't worth that much compared to American sports teams.

How is a team's value derived? (If you can, please ignore the very obvious joke involving 'value' and 'palace'...)
Take a piece of paper. Write down your view of how much each asset is worth based on how much you paid for it, and how you perceive that value has gone up or down, using trade practices and wet fingers. Add it all up and write that figure at the bottom of the piece of paper. Screw-up the piece of paper, throw it away, and then ask the only real question: what is anyone prepared to pay for it?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Knowing that CPFC2010 love to air their dirty laundry in public, I guess that Beaky has now announced that the rumours of his co-directors being unsettled are untrue and that the club is well on its journey to the next level and is safely on course to challenge for the EFL league title in the next 2-7 years.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Good riddance.
There’s a lot of intrest in us now and Textor will make a few quid in the selling off which apparently he wants to invest in everton 🙂👍

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Good riddance.
There’s a lot of intrest in us now and Textor will make a few quid in the selling off which apparently he wants to invest in everton 🙂👍
A lot of interest? Surely you mean a bit of interest in your improving results under Gla#ner at the back end of the season? That could change so easily at the start of next season, couple of star players maybe sold, new acquisitions that do not gel immediately, injuries, or just a change of board members. Takes more than ten game results to change a P&L report substantially.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A lot of interest? Surely you mean a bit of interest in your improving results under Gla#ner at the back end of the season? That could change so easily at the start of next season, couple of star players maybe sold, new acquisitions that do not gel immediately, injuries, or just a change of board members. Takes more than ten game results to change a P&L report substantially.
Since they built the massive new main stand they've become a much more marketable club.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This. Textor is no mug, he sees the new stadium or even the single new stand are all Beaky BS fantasies, he will know that both Eze and Olise will want to get out of that dump this summer and by stringing together a couple of results with a full strength squad to finish a point above Brighton, he also knows this is peak Palace.

Sell quick at the ceiling before your investment tanks again.

And buy back into a club with a proper 21st century stadium and real ambition.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Good riddance.

Funny old game, Palace probably looked pretty unattractive to investors a few months ago. In comes Glasnor and the whole vibe around the club seems different.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Ah nice to hear from you, you’ve been very quiet lately 🤔

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think it is a tough sell: 'I want to move onwards and upwards so my my large investment is up for sale, but please note you get a disproportionately small say. Oh and my co-investors want out too.'

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Not nice .
Well spotted. And there’s a reason I’m not nice to you…I can’t stand your spinelessness. You only show up here crowing in the (few) good times for your club. You have little-to-zero humility, little-to-zero sense of humour and little-to-zero self-awareness.

I have no issue with Palace fans posting on here, providing they are respectful and make contributions of value. You, however, don’t. You exist here solely to irritate and then run off when your team struggles.

So when you are here, don’t expect anything other than bellicosity from me.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I’m not sure a minority stake, with no path to overall control (as Textor states) is a very attractive proposition.

You’re basically saying to someone, invest now, you will also have to invest more to improve the stadium, and then maybe you can sell for a small profit but are almost entirely dependent on the majority stakeholder to make a real profit.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Good riddance.
Bit ungrateful.

Wasn't it his money that paid for Andersen, Guehi, Mateta and Olise?
Think he deserves to make a few quid out of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here