Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Fans Roughed Up In Brighton

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
why is everyone tellin me to chill...........??

called one poster a cock after insulted by them........it is all good here, had my dinner and the on/off mrs blew me off after dinner and left...........ALL GOOD.:lol::yahoo:

hey come on i never insulted you seesaw cider...i called you a sonny boy, nowt wrong with that.. ur bright arnt you.. get the connection da ???:)

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
i never really hated anyone enough just because they was a palace fan,
collectively yes i dislike them a bit, but individually no....

its like saying i'd beat up one of the lads from work because he's wearing his palace top on........i'll give him grief, nothing new there!!

last time we was away in the delights of croyden, i should hace sensed there was something amiss on the train there, i was wearing me finest brighton top...
when i walked out of the station, to a sea of palace fans, and me on me own in a brighton top! though no one said anything a few dirty looks..
but then i am luckily to be a big stocky bloke with a shaved head and tattoos..lol! and no really scared of anyone so it never bothered me, i lit a smoke and walked with em!

i got worse "daggers!" when i walked down fratton high street, when pompey played at home once, my wife refused to walk with me, again no one was big enough to say anything...just looks!

funnily the most grief i had was from millwall fans, when i worked in elephant and castle...though most if was just banter....

Jan 30, 2008
You deserve a kicking for supporting your local team? f***ing pathetic. By all means give a bit of banter, but it's football, nothing more. Your place of birth/upbringing and therefore the team you follow doesn't mean you should get smacked about any more than the colour of your skin, or am I missing something?
YOU'VE MISSED THE LAST 30 YEARS ,what a chap !!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Did anyone witness this?

I see a lot of blokes (and a few women) wearing Palace shirts in Brighton. I'm not saying that they should not openly declare their allegiance in the city of their principal rivals, but you do wonder if people who do so wish to provoke the small minority of Albion fans who don't need much provocation. I for one wouldn't wear a Brighton shirt in Croydon and expect to avoid the occasional unsavoury rejoinder.

How far does rivalry go these days? - Crystal Palace FC Supporters' Website - The Holmesdale Online

Did you actually see anyone roughed up or are you guessing that they would be roughed up later on as they were wearing Palace shirts?

If you didn't, then the title of this thread is wholly misleading....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What crap.

Lush and I stood outside Selhurst Park for a Palace-Reading game one sunny afternoon a few years ago now, both wearing Albion shirts and persuading Palace fans sign our Falmer petitions. Hundreds did. A few laughed at us. A couple of low-intelligence models shook their heads. But nobody either kicked or threatened to kick the shit out of us.

There's a few people on here who still think it's 1980, evidently, who give it the big'un every time someone mentions rival fans, and who probably get a semi the second there's a hint of some top boys or nawty-ness about. I'm willing to bet most of you are balding, forty-somethings with teenage kids these days, whom I'd also wager find your behaviour in relation to football about as embarrassing as watching their old man dance at at wedding.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
what's your problem Timothy ?

Maybe at the age of 50 you may consider its time to grop up. Throw away the Nazi memorabilia, throw away the SS uniform magazine wanking material and get out there and see people. Hell you may even like them, even people from Croydon.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
you deserve a kicking for supporting your local team? f***ing pathetic. By all means give a bit of banter, but it's football, nothing more. Your place of birth/upbringing and therefore the team you follow doesn't mean you should get smacked about any more than the colour of your skin, or am i missing something?

nail head.

You deserve a kicking for supporting your local team? f***ing pathetic. By all means give a bit of banter, but it's football, nothing more. Your place of birth/upbringing and therefore the team you follow doesn't mean you should get smacked about any more than the colour of your skin, or am I missing something?

They "deserve" it not for being palace (well, maybe), but for being STUPID. If you were black, you wouldn't go to a Klu Klux Klan meeting and mince around would you? Racism is clearly wrong but it would still be a STUPID thing to do.

I am not saying it's right that these twats got a slap but it is perfectly understandable and if they are surprised then they are clearly very thick. Well they are palace.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
They "deserve" it not for being palace (well, maybe), but for being STUPID. If you were black, you wouldn't go to a Klu Klux Klan meeting and mince around would you? Racism is clearly wrong but it would still be a STUPID thing to do.

I am not saying it's right that these twats got a slap but it is perfectly understandable and if they are surprised then they are clearly very thick. Well they are palace.

cant argue with any of that fella.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

It is not "perfectly understandable" at all, Why should some even feel threatened because they are wearing a football shirt in another town, its pathetic.

I am one of the 40 something with teenage kids ( not bald though :cool:) Edna speaks of and was around in the 80's and understand the rivalry, but that its just that rivalry good bit of mouthy banter and chanting, but i wish no harm to any other football fan.
I just get the human emotion that would want to inflict harm on another human,( ok Belotti and Archer are special cases), but because some else supports another team , WTF . People who feel this need, need something else in there lives.

Very well put.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here