Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I must admit I have been to the London stadium once but swore I wouldn’t go again as it’s kin awkward to get to and has a crap view, I am the same with St James park….I like going away but when the view is crap I don’t see the point. You will probably say the same about Selhurst park but then I don’t sit in the away end.

At the moment it’s not normal times so going on about crowd sizes is not that wise TBH.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Except almost all of those empty seats were sold.

BHA have sold out every game at the London Stadium and most of them have been for evening fixtures.

This is pretty pathetic support. The Always Ultras didn’t turn up? Classic. Love how the ‘best fans in the league’ continues from your lot though.
View attachment 139941

Just curious if they were sold why were so many empty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Don’t you read any other threads on here? Selhurst Park had empty seats the other week as well.

There was something like 200 normal unsold seats according to the ticket site on the day of the game. We also added over a thousand seats last season, mainly in the stand the TV camera faces. Up until Covid, all but about 3 games at The Amex have been sell outs in the PL.

I think the reasons why there were more empty seats than usual are:
1. Ticket sharing is not allowed (unless you pay £20 and the other fan has a £25 membership, there’s no way I’ll be paying an extra £20 for a game I won’t attend), having the ‘ticket’ on the phone makes it much more difficult to pass it over.
2. Some are on holiday.
3. Some are worried about or won’t put up with the Covid measures such as ID, vaccine passport/negative test etc being required for entry.
4. Others are worried about catching Covid (even though flu is a bigger killer atm) and I reckon we have a higher percentage of older fans than most clubs.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I have three ST's but only I went, the boys were at the Reading Festival, the family we go with were on holiday, they have three.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
So I took a break from this site about 2 weeks before the season started but now with the transfer deadline having passed I think now is a good time to post again.

I think pretty much everything I have said in the past has come true so far. To all those saying we had a small squad after the departures of a lot of players, I said to judge us after the transfer window. And what a window it was! Guehi, Olise, Andersen, Gallagher, Hughes and Edouard, all quality signings that I'm certain will prove to be better than the players that have left.

2 points from the first 3 games is no disgrace either given the opposition. The style under Vieria is already way better than Roy's turgid football, our possession stats are way higher, our XG is better and the football is more exciting and easy on the eye, especially the 2nd half away at West Ham where we outplayed them. What a performance that day by Connor Gallagher, feel we have an amazing talent in our ranks this season.

You lot have had a fairly decent start, 2 wins in the first 2 games but remember who you were playing. In your first real test you were majorily outclassed by Everton on your own patch.

You've kept Bissouma which is great for you and the left back looks decent on paper but you didn't replace White and I think that could be a big mistake. You also didn't get a striker in and I think that will come back to bite you. Maupay, Connelly and an injury prone Welbeck is just not gonna cut it at is level IMO.

Looking forward to the game on the 27th, I'm quietly confident.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Phew now thanks to the spelling mistake we all know which Albion fan Milo is.

Case solved.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it may be time to start a “Brighton Fans biggest fear thread”. :wink:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So I took a break from this site about 2 weeks before the season started but now with the transfer deadline having passed I think now is a good time to post again.

Erm no it isn't. Feck off troll.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Milo's back.
Had to go away to Pontins for two weeks with mummy and daddy, but back home now getting ready for school tomorrow.
1st day a senior school, dont worry, they wont hurt you.:dunce::dunce:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

I think pretty much everything I have said in the past has come true so far. To all those saying we had a small squad after the departures of a lot of players, I said to judge us after the transfer window. And what a window it was! Guehi, Olise, Andersen, Gallagher, Hughes and Edouard, all quality signings that I'm certain will prove to be better than the players that have left.

2 points from the first 3 games is no disgrace either given the opposition. The style under Vieria is already way better than Roy's turgid football, our possession stats are way higher, our XG is better and the football is more exciting and easy on the eye, especially the 2nd half away at West Ham where we outplayed them. What a performance that day by Connor Gallagher, feel we have an amazing talent in our ranks this season.

You lot have had a fairly decent start, 2 wins in the first 2 games but remember who you were playing. In your first real test you were majorily outclassed by Everton on your own patch.

You've kept Bissouma which is great for you and the left back looks decent on paper but you didn't replace White and I think that could be a big mistake. You also didn't get a striker in and I think that will come back to bite you. Maupay, Connelly and an injury prone Welbeck is just not gonna cut it at is level IMO.

We know you talk bolox because you said you would be on here after every game..

Good luck for the season and you better hope Vieira can make them gel.

Look forward to you coming on in the next 5 games.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah Palace have had a good window and we've opted to weaken the squad.
Palace should end up above us now. No excuses if they don't.

Hopefully we can do better in the head to head games than last season and stay above them for a few more games.
Other than that, it's business as usual.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

I really don't think you've addressed your problems that well.. Ward and Mitchell are easily the worst fullback paring in the league. Edouard is lazy and unproven at any decent level, The two centre backs have been bullied every single game so far, you are very lucky to have even 2 points on the board. Gallagher looks decent but he also looked decent at west brom until they started losing week in week out and his head dropped and he disappeared. Olise was a standout in a decent Reading side but I don't see how he starts with your other attacking options I feel like Palace is probably the wrong move for him. Will Hughes is just average.

As for who we've played.. Watford's reserves beat your first team and Burnley are a very solid Premier League outfit.. Everton had a game plan and were better on the day but it was still a competitive match between 2 good sides.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I really don't think you've addressed your problems that well.. Ward and Mitchell are easily the worst fullback paring in the league. Edouard is lazy and unproven at any decent level, The two centre backs have been bullied every single game so far, you are very lucky to have even 2 points on the board. Gallagher looks decent but he also looked decent at west brom until they started losing week in week out and his head dropped and he disappeared. Olise was a standout in a decent Reading side but I don't see how he starts with your other attacking options I feel like Palace is probably the wrong move for him. Will Hughes is just average.

As for who we've played.. Watford's reserves beat your first team and Burnley are a very solid Premier League outfit.. Everton had a game plan and were better on the day but it was still a competitive match between 2 good sides.

No it wasn't.

The only disappointing thing for me was to see us fail to compete in a home game.
It's been a long time since that has happened.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
No it wasn't.

The only disappointing thing for me was to see us fail to compete in a home game.
It's been a long time since that has happened.

Look at the match stats 66% possession same amount of shots, the game was even they just took one of there two big chances and we gave away a stupid penalty, how deluded can you actually be? It's the best league in the world and Everton are one of the best teams in it can't expect to win every game sometimes you face somebody better on the day and there's no shame in that.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Look at the match stats 66% possession same amount of shots, the game was even they just took one of there two big chances and we gave away a stupid penalty, how deluded can you actually be? It's the best league in the world and Everton are one of the best teams in it can't expect to win every game sometimes you face somebody better on the day and there's no shame in that.

You're the first person I've come across that thought the game was anywhere near even.

They beat us comfortably.

No problem though they are good this year and it was a good wakeup call.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Please just ban this troll, he offers nothing and disappears when Palace lose

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You're the first person I've come across that thought the game was anywhere near even.

They beat us comfortably.

No problem though they are good this year and it was a good wakeup call.

They only looked dominant after the Pen, when we were chasing the game, and they had all the players with pace exploiting the gaps we were leaving. The Pen came early enough for that to be a significant portion of the match though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

We were hanging on when they scored and they put the game to bed early in the second half.

They had 3 clear cut chances.
I don't recall us missing any big chances, but I could be wrong.

The possession stats only really show that the game was won and Everton had our number.
Happy to let us have the ball, because we wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
They only looked dominant after the Pen, when we were chasing the game, and they had all the players with pace exploiting the gaps we were leaving. The Pen came early enough for that to be a significant portion of the match though.

I don't know anyone who wasn't saying/thinking "hope we make it to half time and can reset"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here