Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Looks like he's peaked !!
Apparently he's lost his pace, and he gets really frustrated every game when he can't beat defenders .... Which pretty much makes him mediocre now.
Happy days

Why, oh Why say shite like this, he is the ultimate pantomime villain, and you and others are setting him up to be on fire against us...

Leave the air of arrogance and confidence in the bag until after Monday 27th September please....

Wilf loves playing against us, he gets it and would enjoy nothing more than to piss all over your fire.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
To be honest, I don't think he will have much choice but to stick with Paddy.

The new shareholder, brought in some money, but after 3 signings, they are already looking in the bargain bin to complete their transfer business.
Seems like there was a very finite level of investment from him.

After two seasons of massive losses and no sugar daddy, they are unlikely to be able to throw money away, on paying off a manager and getting Fat Sam in.

If only that £100M wasn't ringfenced!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
When was throwing money they don’t have at things a Palace problem?

Covid has changed the goal posts on that one.
They were already spending the next season's tv cash before Covid hit.

Two seasons of -£60m will have put paid to much of the wriggle room available to them.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
I see they've just invested in a new players tunnel...

3656360_monstrosity.jpg

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Why, oh Why say shite like this, he is the ultimate pantomime villain, and you and others are setting him up to be on fire against us...

Leave the air of arrogance and confidence in the bag until after Monday 27th September please....

Wilf loves playing against us, he gets it and would enjoy nothing more than to piss all over your fire.

You know it!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I've said it before, but they actually have a fortunate start to develop their style of play.

Their first 10 games are tough (just 9 points on the tracker). This gives them ample time to get their system sorted in time for the games that matter.
If they take just 6 points from these games they will be in an ok position, better than 6 and we can forget about them struggling this season (IMO)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would any of our resident interlopers care to explain the purpose of that view-blocking carbuncle...?

I think you may have to wait until they have won a game for a response to that request. They are all washing their hair at the moment and have been for a few weeks.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's part of the infamous "ringed-fence"

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I've said it before, but they actually have a fortunate start to develop their style of play.

Their first 10 games are tough (just 9 points on the tracker). This gives them ample time to get their system sorted in time for the games that matter.
If they take just 6 points from these games they will be in an ok position, better than 6 and we can forget about them struggling this season (IMO)
A poor start will build the pressure on the manager and players and hopefully the fans will be despondent.
It's always hard playing catch up you would rather have points on the board early. That said they have a habit of starting poorly LLLLLLL...

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Hahahahahhaa don’t be a **** your whole life Dan - you can’t still jump ship if you’re one of the 10,000 that appeared once you got to the premier league (in the most fortunate of circumstances)… Charlton are a nice club - if you can let the ‘sarf London’ wannabe attitude go. And don’t wear the black uniform - it will be laughed at Dan. And no more ‘woooooooah’ ing… go down to the Valley Dan.

Thanks for the advice Sheebo. I have been Palace since 1976, a div 3 glory hunter when we made it to the semi finals of the FA Cup, so I dont fit that part. What part of our promotion was fortunate? I thought we beat Brighton over 2 legs in the semi finals, and then beet Watford in the final. Nothing fortunate I remember in that. Charlton are far from a nice club. They are desperately seeking someone to hate them, but Millwall prefer to beat up West Ham, and we prefer to engage with you. I dont have a black uniform, and I dont go woooooah either, but when I do sing songs, I dont need the words on a screen for me
So on reflection, I think I'll stay with Paddy V's expansive red and blue army

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for the advice Sheebo. I have been Palace since 1976, a div 3 glory hunter when we made it to the semi finals of the FA Cup, so I dont fit that part. What part of our promotion was fortunate? I thought we beat Brighton over 2 legs in the semi finals, and then beet Watford in the final. Nothing fortunate I remember in that. Charlton are far from a nice club. They are desperately seeking someone to hate them, but Millwall prefer to beat up West Ham, and we prefer to engage with you. I dont have a black uniform, and I dont go woooooah either, but when I do sing songs, I dont need the words on a screen for me
So on reflection, I think I'll stay with Paddy V's expansive red and blue army

Pointless putting words on the screen when 75% of you can't read:dunce::ffsparr:

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Would any of our resident interlopers care to explain the purpose of that view-blocking carbuncle...?

OK, I'll bite. I believe that is to cover the entrance from the away dressing rooms that had to be built as part of Covid restrictions. We dont have a sugar daddy to help us fund a new ground, and we now have owners who are trying to look out for the best interests of our club and not spend spend spend. It may mean we get relegated, but I hope we are on a much firmer footing as a club. I'd hate for us to turn into a mega millions team who play in a soulless stadium with day out customers instead of die hard fans.

Us interlopers were also asked to comment about Wilf. He does seem disillusioned at the moment, which is a surprise to me as I thought PV's arrival would give him a new purpose. Its rumoured he is still hoping to leave, and that he doesnt want to get injured before the deadline, but hopefully when that has passed, he can go back to his pre-season form where he looked sharp. We need a fully focussed Wilf, we dont need a distracted Wilf which we currently have. If we get another signing or two, from the bargain basement as suggested, it may give Wilf his focus back, and give us a chance of getting 17th place

On a different subject, are any players likely to be in or out at Brighton before Tuesday night?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
OK, I'll bite. I believe that is to cover the entrance from the away dressing rooms that had to be built as part of Covid restrictions. We dont have a sugar daddy to help us fund a new ground, and we now have owners who are trying to look out for the best interests of our club and not spend spend spend. It may mean we get relegated, but I hope we are on a much firmer footing as a club. I'd hate for us to turn into a mega millions team who play in a soulless stadium with day out customers instead of die hard fans.

Us interlopers were also asked to comment about Wilf. He does seem disillusioned at the moment, which is a surprise to me as I thought PV's arrival would give him a new purpose. Its rumoured he is still hoping to leave, and that he doesnt want to get injured before the deadline, but hopefully when that has passed, he can go back to his pre-season form where he looked sharp. We need a fully focussed Wilf, we dont need a distracted Wilf which we currently have. If we get another signing or two, from the bargain basement as suggested, it may give Wilf his focus back, and give us a chance of getting 17th place

On a different subject, are any players likely to be in or out at Brighton before Tuesday night?
Hang on a minute, your American owners have “ring fenced” up to £100m to improve the infrastructure at Selhurst.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Parish-club-look-improve-infrastructure.html

Surely Mr Parish didn’t lie to you?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

?

Doesn't Parish take about £3M per year out of Palace ? As well as charging the club rent for use of his office in Soho? You also have a wage bill about £20M+ PA more than us right?

Doesn't exactly sound like a 'hand to mouth' club that doesn't 'spend spend spend' or with 'owners with best interests'

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

It'll be very interesting seeing how Palace progress this season - not just the change of playing style, but - as you highlight - trying to make the finances work without selling the soul of the club. We (BHA) are exceptionally lucky in that we have a wealthy owner who has been a life-long fan (together with previous generations of his family, also Board members). That individual has obviously funded our stadium, other infrastructure, and operating losses. But I think it's fair to say that we are also now in a situation where we need to "cut our cloth". Fortunately the investment in the academy - started some time ago - is now bearing fruit, and we are well on our way to financial sustainability. And where we are now is the result of many, many brave, ambitious, and well-judged decisions going back over the past 20-odd years. There have been a few ups and downs, but the club's journey over that period has been nothing short of miraculous. Ultimately we need to be thankful for some incredible leadership and vision. Not forgetting the sacrifices of so many fans in the mid-90s when the club could easily have died.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Doesn't Parish take about £3M per year out of Palace ? As well as charging the club rent for use of his office in Soho? You also have a wage bill about £20M+ PA more than us right?

Doesn't exactly sound like a 'hand to mouth' club that doesn't 'spend spend spend' or with 'owners with best interests'

Might have changed now with Palace moving on a lot of big earners, but then we have moved on a few too, but according to Swiss Ramble nearer 30m.

Screenshot 2021-08-26 141714.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here