Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Let's be honest here, the level of negative spin put on our chances by you lot is hilarious. But I guess I should expect it, i'm on a rivals message board and most posters are blinded by the rivalry.

If you honestly think we are relegation fodder then fair play but I think there is a fair about of rubbish being posted here. We may have a small squad at the moment but that will improve and I'd rather have our current starting X1 than at least 5 other teams in the league, including the 3 promoted teams.

The era of Vieria has started well. The football looks way more easy on the eye than Roy's. We are currently battering Ipswich at Portman Road and should be 4 up. 2 fantastic signings in so for this summer and more on the way including Andersen hopefully. Im excited and so I should be :clap2:

if you're bottom 3 in oct, will you still post on here?

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
The following teams are relegation fodder. Anyone that says otherwise hasn’t been watching the premier league for the last 5 years.

In no particular order

Brentford
Norwich
Watford
Palace
Burnley
Brighton
Wolves
Southampton.

I think both Leeds and West Ham need to be careful.

FWIW, my view is that the three teams that came up are favourites plus palace if you don’t get more players in. The other one is Southampton ….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Relegation fodder means nailed on for relegation.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Let's be honest here, the level of negative spin put on our chances by you lot is hilarious. But I guess I should expect it, i'm on a rivals message board and most posters are blinded by the rivalry.

If you honestly think we are relegation fodder then fair play but I think there is a fair about of rubbish being posted here. We may have a small squad at the moment but that will improve and I'd rather have our current starting X1 than at least 5 other teams in the league, including the 3 promoted teams.

The era of Vieria has started well. The football looks way more easy on the eye than Roy's. We are currently battering Ipswich at Portman Road and should be 4 up. 2 fantastic signings in so for this summer and more on the way including Andersen hopefully. Im excited and so I should be :clap2:

Both of our clubs are lumped with “The Other 14”. Meaning on any given season, with some bad luck, injuries, key players or managers leaving, relegation is always a possibility.

Granted, it should be less likely now for both our clubs, but you never know. I said further upthread that I think the appointment of Viera is a punt. However if it were my team I’d sooner take a calculated punt than another dinosaur.

That said if your lot get a bad start and Viera’s under the kosh, you could be in trouble. But as always the 3 promoted sides will be the initial favourites for the drop.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

You are beating Ipswich who, let’s remind ourselves, finished 9th in League One last season. You’re not’ battering them, you are winning 1-0. You’ve had 5 shots on target. As I said earlier though, pre-season friendlys mean nothing.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
We are currently battering Ipswich at Portman Road and should be 4 up.

giphy.gif

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

It's not just fans, it's the bookies.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Or delusional :lolol:

You may well be right or very wrong too soon to tell. Regrettably, I like the signings you've made so far but you are still in a race against time to fill the gaps. Could go either way...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Bookies are always right then?

Bet365 made £195m profit, so do OK.

Bookies, football journalists and opposition fans are all currently predicting Palace to struggle badly.

If you get some of these players you have been linked to that perception will change, but as things stand your squad is weaker than last season given so many departures and few arrivals.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Bookies are always right then?

well more often than not yes, thats why they make money. What it is though, is an indication of what a lot of people who are pretty much experts in the field, actually think how you will perform this season.
Remember for every Leicester at 5000-1 that they get spectacularly wrong there are years and years when they by and large get it right.

Just because the bookies have you as one of the favourites to go down doesn't make it so, but I expect them to be closer to the actual outcome than either you, me, or anyone else on this or any other board

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
Ever seen a poor bookie ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Such a predictable answer :facepalm:

Bookies get loads wrong. For example, when you came up you were favs to go down for the first 2 years but they got that wrong. When Palace were 7 defeats from 7 back in 2017 season we defied the odds and stayed up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lol.

*Those that think palace will struggle are either biased fans or wrong bookies*

This is a spoof account isn't it ?

Lol.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We are currently battering Ipswich at Portman Road

Battering? Won 1-0 to a SEGW soft penalty (dive) in a pretty even game per the write up.

BTW, it's not X1 (number one). This is Roman Numerals.

X = ten
i = one

= Starting eleven written at XI (capital i).

You'll learn that when you get to Year 11 at school.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Funny how you forgot to mention we hit the woodwork twice and missed some other guilt edged chances

Going close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. You can hit the woodwork as many times as you like but it’s not going to win you games, as we found out last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here