Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
"I think it was the right decision not to buy him. He turned like a lorry."

"Agreed."

"one would assume that Jurgen thinks Davies is at least as good as Kabak"

"For an extra £10m or so we are getting a player with a much higher ceiling, who is also fast and can play in a high line. Disparity in cost relates to disparity in talent in this case, I think."

"All strikers he was marking was burning him for pace"

"Kabak isn't good enough"

"I don't understand.
Except for the lack of pace, lack of positioning, lack of heading ability and lack of experience, and the high fee, whats the problem?"

Well done to you and Postman Pat on posting just the negative comments and leaving out all the vastly more positive one's. Very predictable.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well done to you and Postman Pat on posting just the negative comments and leaving out all the vastly more positive one's. Very predictable.

You’re clearly young and naive fella but listen. You just wrote the words ‘well done you and postman Pat’ on an Internet forum of a football club you don’t support. Go out and enjoy something outdoors, logout and experience some real life!

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
You’re clearly young and naive fella but listen. You just wrote the words ‘well done you and postman Pat’ on an Internet forum of a football club you don’t support. Go out and enjoy something outdoors, logout and experience some real life!

That's the guys Username, lol.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That's the guys Username, lol.

I know that… I’m just saying, take a step back and think what you’re getting out of this and if it’s actually worth it. Couldn’t you be spending your time enjoying real life - trust me you should. I’m actually being serious and kind here - trust me.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
I know that… I’m just saying, take a step back and think what you’re getting out of this and if it’s actually worth it. Couldn’t you be spending your time enjoying real life - trust me you should. I’m actually being serious and kind here - trust me.

I will take your advise and say good night but I'll lastly leave this link here. If any of you wonder why we are so excited, it's perfectly summed up in this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...evolution-Vieira-Olise-Eze-Guehi-shining.html

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My guess is the dozens of identical articles written about the Albion, since GPott arrived, won't count. :lolol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If any of you wonder why we are so excited

Thanks, but not necessary. We weren't wondering. We know.

All football fans are very familiar with confirmation bias. It's only the hope that keeps us all coming back.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I will take your advise and say good night but I'll lastly leave this link here. If any of you wonder why we are so excited, it's perfectly summed up in this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...evolution-Vieira-Olise-Eze-Guehi-shining.html

Yeah brilliant. We get it you've signed a couple of promising youngsters and now you are aiming for the Champions League.

One is out til January at the earliest then has to get match fit, one is out til September at the earliest and coming back from a long lay-off. You're expecting both youngsters to hit the ground running after injury, in the Premier League, and have an impact in what is currently an aging poor threadbare squad with a new manager, new tactics etc. Yeah right good luck with that. Where does that leave you? Guehi and Mitchell.. only one of whom has played in the PL before making a sum total of 19 appearances last season. In what world are you living to think your season is likely to be exciting, actually it will be exciting but for us not you and for all the wrong reasons.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

But if I highlighted the positive posts, it might give people the impression you were making a good signing.

Why - excuse my language - the flying ****, would I want to do that?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, play that match 10 times and 9 of them it's an Albion victory.

Unbelievable luck for them to get the win. Can't dress it up as a game plan.

That’s how I saw it. And that’s how just about every pundit saw it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
Yeah brilliant. We get it you've signed a couple of promising youngsters and now you are aiming for the Champions League.

One is out til January at the earliest then has to get match fit, one is out til September at the earliest and coming back from a long lay-off. You're expecting both youngsters to hit the ground running after injury, in the Premier League, and have an impact in what is currently an aging poor threadbare squad with a new manager, new tactics etc. Yeah right good luck with that. Where does that leave you? Guehi and Mitchell.. only one of whom has played in the PL before making a sum total of 19 appearances last season. In what world are you living to think your season is likely to be exciting, actually it will be exciting but for us not you and for all the wrong reasons.

So you're basically saying, half our team is too young and the other half is too old right? What a load a rubbish! We now look to have a good mixture of youth and experience and we've shifted the high earning dead wood like PVA, Dann, Hennessey, Sakho and Townsend to free up vast wages. We've also been prudent in our transfer fees spending in recent seasons so now we can have a bit of a splurge and rebuild the team. You're saying we are relegation material but I feel with the current players we have we would survive and your completely forgetting there will probably be 4-5 more signings coming in. Maybe you should judge us after deadline day?

We have decent flair players at the club like Eze, Olise, Zaha and Schlupp and I'd expect 1 more flair signing at least to come in, maybe Ademola Lookman. With the shackles of Roy released, we could be in for a very exciting and successful season. Roy did a great job in keeping us safe each year but the football was boring and limited, there was no ambition. Our fans all knew we had the players that could do more going forward and I'm convinced Viera will make us more easy on the eye and score more goals. Yes, it could also be a tough transition but feel I we have enough quality to stay up at worst then build on it next year.

Your team on the other hand really isn't anywhere near as good as you think it is. It's like your not even considering the possibility of relegation and sounds like you think Europe could be on the cards, this despite your side coming 16th last season! You proved last year that you lacked quality at times as you played the bottom 4 home and away and you lost 2, drew 6 and won 0.

You've lost one of your best defenders and signed a player from the Austrian League. I'd say you're weaker than last year and couple in with the 3 teams coming up who all are looking fairly strong, I think you could be in trouble especially with how poor you look in attack. A front 3 of Welbeck, Trossard and Maupay is pretty damn poor. Bissoma in midfield is class, i'll give you that but lose him and then you're looking like relegation material and it sounds like Arsenal and City are interested. Don't try amd make out you have able replacements ready to step in, Alzate, Molder, Caicedio etc just aren't ready yet or good enough. To be fair though, I will judge you after deadline day as I asked that of you about us.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So you're basically saying, half our team is too young and the other half is too old right? What a load a rubbish! We now look to have a good mixture of youth and experience and we've shifted the high earning dead wood like PVA, Dann, Hennessey, Sakho and Townsend to free up vast wages. We've also been prudent in our transfer fees spending in recent seasons so now we can have a bit of a splurge and rebuild the team. You're saying we are relegation material but I feel with the current players we have we would survive and your completely forgetting there will probably be 4-5 more signings coming in. Maybe you should judge us after deadline day?

We have decent flair players at the club like Eze, Olise, Zaha and Schlupp and I'd expect 1 more flair signing at least to come in, maybe Ademola Lookman. With the shackles of Roy released, we could be in for a very exciting and successful season. Roy did a great job in keeping us safe each year but the football was boring and limited, there was no ambition. Our fans all knew we had the players that could do more going forward and I'm convinced Viera will make us more easy on the eye and score more goals. Yes, it could also be a tough transition but feel I we have enough quality to stay up at worst then build on it next year.

Your team on the other hand really isn't anywhere near as good as you think it is. It's like your not even considering the possibility of relegation and sounds like you think Europe could be on the cards, this despite your side coming 16th last season! You proved last year that you lacked quality at times as you played the bottom 4 home and away and you lost 2, drew 6 and won 0.

You've lost one of your best defenders and signed a player from the Austrian League. I'd say you're weaker than last year and couple in with the 3 teams coming up who all are looking fairly strong, I think you could be in trouble especially with how poor you look in attack. A front 3 of Welbeck, Trossard and Maupay is pretty damn poor. Bissoma in midfield is class, i'll give you that but lose him and then you're looking like relegation material and it sounds like Arsenal and City are interested. Don't try amd make out you have able replacements ready to step in, Alzate, Molder, Caicedio etc just aren't ready yet or good enough. To be fair though, I will judge you after deadline day as I asked that of you about us.

Focusing on 1 specific fault with your argument, you praise Palace for bringing in young players with NO premier League experience stating they are going to change your season around from the off, then in the next breathe you state that Brighton are in trouble for possibly having to bring in player not ready for Premier League football several of which have already played in the Premier League and are internationals (remember that Moder guy scoring against England). I give credit to Palace (that hurt) for trying to change their style and moving out the pensioners but if you think the transition is going to be instant and painless then you really don't know much about Premier League football.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

Here’s some other people who think the same...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fair play to [MENTION=42405]Milo[/MENTION] he's going balls out on his team being successful next season.
Quite rightly he is also slagging off his rivals chances.

We're all guilty of confirmation bias.

He only quotes the league table as proof of his arguments
We rely predominantly on the Xg table as proof our faith is justified.

Ultimately we both believe it will come good in the end.

I'm sure he will still be here if he's correct and Viera is an instant success.
It will be interesting to see if he's still willing to debate, if the start is slow.

With the fixtures they have - anything approaching 6 points from their first 6 games will be a decent start.
If they achieve that, I think, they will stay up comfortably.
3 or less and they are in trouble. (although I suspect they will stay up)

Big season for them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Oh come on.. We absolutely battered you....

Yes, play that match 10 times and 9 of them it's an Albion victory.
Unbelievable luck for them to get the win. Can't dress it up as a game plan.

That’s how I saw it. And that’s how just about every pundit saw it

Really??

Potter vs The Old Woman played 4 won 0 Draw 2 lost 2

Aggregate stats

Possession
66.9% vs 33.1%

Shots
83 vs 27

Shots on Target
26 vs 10

Goals
3 vs 5

We haven't failed to "batter" them since Potter took over,
Roy's tactics won out consistently.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Really??

Potter vs The Old Woman played 4 won 0 Draw 2 lost 2

Aggregate stats

Possession
66.9% vs 33.1%

Shots
83 vs 27

Shots on Target
26 vs 10

Goals
3 vs 5

We haven't failed to "batter" them since Potter took over,
Roy's tactics won out consistently.

My eyes deceived me then... You can use all the stats in the world. One team played football, the other didn't. We were miles ahead of them on the football front.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
When it comes to upgrades, surely there is only one for us to consider:-

Is the idiot Milo an upgrade on the idiot Dougie?

Poll? :laugh:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My eyes deceived me then... You can use all the stats in the world. One team played football, the other didn't. We were miles ahead of them on the football front.

Yep no doubting that.

It goes all the way back to the old Hughton vs Potter argument.
I'm happy we made the switch, but playing the football we do, with the players we have, doesn't guarantee results.

I'm happy we made the switch though.
We are working towards something bigger. Slowly but surely, the players we have are getting better.

Palace are starting that journey (again) let's see if they have the cojones to see it through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here