Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
As I said, we are saving millions on the wage bill.

Tv revenue and funds from our American owners prob makes up the rest.

I said nothing about the stand though, that's obviously on the back burner for now.

how much have your yankee overlords put in so far?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
You do realise transfer fees ( ours especially) are paid over the duration of the contracts signed:dunce: . Our last 2 signings have signed 5 year contracts, you do the math.

Why can't you reply to me about your signature :dunce:

Oh yea, you're not man enough to explain.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We all are.

Can you pls answer the question about your comments on sausage [MENTION=20008]dadams2k11[/MENTION] has asked many, many times.. It’s clearly homophobic, as you’re refusing to answer. A suitable explanation now pls or we will assume it’s homophobia, the same as your picture of the asian Albion fans was racist. Go…

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
On the back burner ? Mate, it didn't even reach the cooker. Or the kitchen, for that matter.

Surely you must know by now its never gonna happen.

I had Albion friends telling me about Falmer for years before it actually happened. Hopefully we get there in the end :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I had Albion friends telling me about Falmer for years before it actually happened. Hopefully we get there in the end :)

According to this https://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/news/croydon-news/crystal-palace-plan-selhurst-park-1479320 you got planning permission to build the new stand in April 2018. Over 3 years later you’ve not even started building.

We got final confirmation that we could build The Amex in September 2007 after all legal objections were exhausted. On July 16 2011, less than 4 years later, the stadium hosted its first game. Less than 4 years to build a stadium vs 3 years and 3 months to not build a stand. What’s causing the delay?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I said, we are saving millions on the wage bill.

Tv revenue and funds from our American owners prob makes up the rest.

But you can only save millions on the wage bill if, previously, you weren't getting value for those millions being spent. So, in short, are you the rarest of things, a Palace fan agreeing with the commonly-held Albion view that you were pissing money up against the wall on a group of tired old journeymen footballers?

I said nothing about the stand though, that's obviously on the back burner for now.

Obviously? Is that the official club line? I can find no statement from CPFC that the Amex-u-like stand project has been mothballed. Have you seen one?

Presumably the much-heralded "ring-fenced funds" will remain ring-fenced until someone decides to move the project back to the front burner. I mean, we all did really believe those funds existed, right?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Our wage bill has just been slashed by at least £300k per week, and we've hardly spent a penny on transfer fees in the last couple of seasons.

If the money wasn't spent this year then serious questions would need to be asked, as a significant outlay is clearly needed. Fortunately it looks like the board are aware of this and have made a promising start.

The reason you haven't spent a penny on transfers, was because you needed to come up with £50m to pay off debts (AWB sale)
Then you lost £57 m in your last published accounts and likely to have lost the same or more last season.
You haven't been stockpiling a war chest, you have been haemorrhaging cash (like most prem teams)

My guess is the £80m figure, being bandied about, is some amateur maths of £300k per week saving over 5year contracts = £78m transfer fees

That kind of ignores the fact that the wage bill needed to be trimmed by at least £100k pw anyway, taking the war chest down to £52m
Not forgetting that the new players will (presumably) be on decent wages.

My amateur maths:

Assume Olisie and Guehi have come in on £40k pw and cost £28m- that leaves about £20m for the remaining signings and wages.

Exciting times indeed.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can you pls answer the question about your comments on sausage [MENTION=20008]dadams2k11[/MENTION] has asked many, many times.. It’s clearly homophobic, as you’re refusing to answer. A suitable explanation now pls or we will assume it’s homophobia, the same as your picture of the asian Albion fans was racist. Go…

He won't. He's an absolute coward.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Exciting times indeed.

I can cut this fella some slack. It must be nervously exciting times though. Football is an escape and cutting through the willy waving, if he enjoys being a wankpuffin, fair play to him.

Hopefully they will struggle with adapting to the squad and coaching overhaul. The funny thing is, Beaky seems to get a free pass. He's not been put under any pressure despite bullshit surrounding his vanity project, his fear of the prats in black and contract management. Strange. Ideally we'll have some poor results and off field amateurishness from them to enjoy in the lead up to crimbo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can cut this fella some slack. It must be nervously exciting times though. Football is an escape and cutting through the willy waving, if he enjoys being a wankpuffin, fair play to him.

Hopefully they will struggle with adapting to the squad and coaching overhaul. The funny thing is, Beaky seems to get a free pass. He's not been put under any pressure despite bullshit surrounding his vanity project, his fear of the prats in black and contract management. Strange. Ideally we'll have some poor results and off field amateurishness from them to enjoy in the lead up to crimbo.

I can't believe the free pass Parish gets on here from them, is consistent across they're fans.

He's basically the BoJo of football.
In just about every story involving him he comes across as a weak man, easily bullied, who'll say anything to be popular.
All the while he has a profitable company called Smoke and Mirrors.

I just don't see how any poster writing 'in Parish we trust' can be taken seriously.
You can't even trust him to let you sit in the seat you bought from him.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can't believe the free pass Parish gets on here from them, is consistent across they're fans.

He's basically the BoJo of football.
In just about every story involving him he comes across as a weak man, easily bullied, who'll say anything to be popular.
All the while he has a profitable company called Smoke and Mirrors.

I just don't see how any poster writing 'in Parish we trust' can be taken seriously.
You can't even trust him to let you sit in the seat you bought from him.

The profitable company was sold as part of Tag when he offloaded it to Williams Lea in 2011.

It's not his company anymore.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
According to this https://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/news/croydon-news/crystal-palace-plan-selhurst-park-1479320 you got planning permission to build the new stand in April 2018. Over 3 years later you’ve not even started building.

We got final confirmation that we could build The Amex in September 2007 after all legal objections were exhausted. On July 16 2011, less than 4 years later, the stadium hosted its first game. Less than 4 years to build a stadium vs 3 years and 3 months to not build a stand. WHAT’S CAUSING THE DELAY ?

Covid ?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

We are getting spoken about on the away end again [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]. And he is acting like he doesn't know we have asked him about his signature and even thinks I'm EagleEaster :clap2:, I was always SwoopingGull over there and only had one account.

Just leave these here:

bbs.png

bbs1.png

bbs2.png

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So where do you think Palace will finish this season?

Cannot say for sure, but relegated unless multiple quality incomings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The profitable company was sold as part of Tag when he offloaded it to Williams Lea in 2011.

It's not his company anymore.

He’s still a director of Smoke and Mirrors Group Ltd.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not really, think we'd stay up with the team we have now.

4-5 more quality signings and we can push for top half.

I admire your delusional thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here