Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
There's no way Vieira was our first choice manager. It's quite possible that he was our *original* first choice back in May, but after Nuno & Favre got in touch with the club to apply for the job, they would have both jumped over him in the pecking order for obvious reasons.

Sometime in May: "Hi there Patrick - you're our first choice, but we'd like to interview a few others first."
Early June: "Hi there Patrick - a quick update - we've interviewed quite a few other candidates further down the list, but none are interested. We'll keep you posted."
Late June: "Sorry Patrick, we've chosen this Favre guy from Germany. Thanks for your interest, and good luck in your other ventures."
End June: "Hi Patrick. Just getting back to you, as you were our original first choice. Are you still interested...?"

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
TBH all of this back and forth about how poorly run Palace are is pretty irrelevant.

Without doubt, the preparation for this season is far from ideal.
A complete rebuild for the squad/playing style in a post-covid season, should be cause for real concern amongst their fans.
in someways they have lucked out by having a host of difficult matches up front , with more winnable matches later in the season.
This might buy Viera a bit more time to get the team playing together.

But regardless of that, they are going to have to have a very good transition, over the next few months, to avoid having their most challenging season in a decade.

I hope the wheels come off.
But I've been waiting for that to happen for a very long time.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yeah, fair enough. That *really does* sound better than, you know, winning games.

We couldn’t win games but were still only THREE points behind you. So on the evidence of better ground, training facilities, youth set up and an owner who is willing to invest, then it’s an overwhelming yes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could you be any more disingenuous if you tried? :moo:

Oh undoubtedly. But in this instance, trying didn't even come into it.

You call ME disengenuous, yet you are the one attempting to weave a fantastical fictional narrative around the appointment of Vieira to present him as being "top of the list", when anyone with a dried shrivelled prune of a brain can quite clearly see its a classic Spursy "ahh f*ck it...this guys going to have to do isn't he".

Looking at your squad and this endless managerial saga has proved that CPFC2010 is to planning is what Jimmy Savile is to babysitting. Hopefully this season it will finally catch up, and your snides will end up where they deserve - back down rubbing shoulders with Barnsley and Luton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS

Football Weekly - 07.07.21 - 36:36

Philippe rather slates Paddy - "He changed a team that was easy on the eye into one difficult to beat...

then goes onto say

... Vieira was very much in their thoughts, from early on as soon as they knew Roy was leaving the club.
He's not someone they turned too because the deal with Farve fell apart, no, he was definitely one of the early candidates for the position"

Now can I go back to watching Fight Club, please, or have I got to come over there and bang a few heads together?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
FFS

Football Weekly - 07.07.21 - 36:36

... Vieira was very much in their thoughts, from early on as soon as they knew Roy was leaving the club.
He's not someone they turned too because the deal with Farve fell apart, no, he was definitely one of the early candidates for the position"

Now can I go back to watching Fight Club, please, or have I got to come over there and bang a few heads together?

Yes you can and thanks for that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes you can and thanks for that.
You can f*** off.

I told you exactly where it was and you'd still rather f*** around will pathetic name calling than actually prove your point.

T-wat.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sometime in May: "Hi there Patrick - you're our first choice, but we'd like to interview a few others first."
Early June: "Hi there Patrick - a quick update - we've interviewed quite a few other candidates further down the list, but none are interested. We'll keep you posted."
Late June: "Sorry Patrick, we've chosen this Favre guy from Germany. Thanks for your interest, and good luck in your other ventures."
End June: "Hi Patrick. Just getting back to you, as you were our original first choice. Are you still interested...?"

He comes from Senegal
(something something thing) **** all.

Viera, woi-oh!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was so much in their thoughts they made sure he had a work permit.

Oh wait...no. No they didn't.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Some random? Haha would hardly call Ornstein some random. Still, I’m sure you know a damn sight more than established journalists. Even if you haven’t heard of a player you were in for. https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/palace-win-race-brighton-liverpool-5627847

Anyway, I have enjoyed popping by. [emoji112]

That pretty much must be the time line. It happens all the time.

I like the way they won the race for this Olise, I think people didn't want to go near him because he is injured. Palace have a reputation of buying players with injury problems.

Ferguson - Bought him when he was injured near enough a year to the day - Still injured.

Olise - Bought him when he was injured - Been said he might be out until the autumn.

The reason they get these players in, apart from throwing stupid money at them, is because no one wants to take the risk, not because they are more attractive.

They can't even keep the players that have got injury free. What is it, one of the top teams in the players out injured list? And most of them from training.

It's either they pitches they are training on aren't up to scratch, the players being too old, or a combination of the two.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
That pretty much must be the time line. It happens all the time.

I like the way they won the race for this Olise, I think people didn't want to go near him because he is injured. Palace have a reputation of buying players with injury problems.

Ferguson - Bought him when he was injured near enough a year to the day - Still injured.

Olise - Bought him when he was injured - Been said he might be out until the autumn.

The reason they get these players in, apart from throwing stupid money at them, is because no one wants to take the risk, not because they are more attractive.

They can't even keep the players that have got injury free. What is it, one of the top teams in the players out injured list? And most of them from training.

It's either they pitches they are training on aren't up to scratch, the players being too old, or a combination of the two.

Olise's back problem is a 10-12 week injury, he will be back by early October. If you think no one else wanted him you are seriously deluded. This is the best young player in the Championship last year that we are talking about.
Why did he join us? Because we have a big name at the helm, one of the greatest Premier League players ever. Because we give youth a chance (Zaha, Wan Bissaka, Mitchell, Eze etc), because we have the most passionate fan base in the league, because we are an established side now in this division having been in the league for 9 years and lastly because London is a bloody awesome city to live in :clap2:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Olise's back problem is a 10-12 week injury, he will be back by early October. If you think no one else wanted him you are seriously deluded. This is the best young player in the Championship last year that we are talking about.
Why did he join us? Because we have a big name at the helm, one of the greatest Premier League players ever. Because we give youth a chance (Zaha, Wan Bissaka, Mitchell, Eze etc), because we have the most passionate fan base in the league, because we are an established side now in this division having been in the league for 9 years and lastly because London is a bloody awesome city to live in :clap2:

You bought Eze last year so why is he included? You only finished 3pts more than us after that massive head start you've had in the Prem [emoji23][emoji23]

The rest of your post, I will treat with the contempt it deserves.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
You bought Eze last year so why is he included? You only finished 3pts more than us after that massive head start you've had in the Prem [emoji23][emoji23]

The rest of your post, I will treat with the contempt it deserves.

I don't care if we have been in the Prem longer, youve spent A LOT more than us in recent years, the amount of money Bloom has spunked on useless players like Locardia, Maupay, Ali J, Burn and past it old has beens like Welbeck and Lallana is embarrassing.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I don't care if we have been in the Prem longer, youve spent A LOT more than us in recent years, the amount of money Bloom has spunked on useless players like Locardia, Maupay, Ali J, Burn and past it old has beens like Welbeck and Lallana is embarrassing.

900+m to 300m? Take it maths was not you strong point. The thing that's really sticks in your throat though, is that Tony Bloom as the best interest in the club on a sound footing and runs it really well. Yea he makes some mistakes, but that's why his is a billionaire, he knows how to correct them mistakes..

Are your owners still looking to get out? How's the stand coming along? Are the accounts in yet? Will we see some of your amazing talent from your world class academy come through this season? Do you have enough money to invest in the academy? Oh yea, you building the new stand to become financially free so you will be able to invest in the academy.

Well run.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
900+m to 300m? Take it maths was not you strong point. The thing that's really sticks in your throat though, is that Tony Bloom as the best interest in the club on a sound footing and runs it really well. Yea he makes some mistakes, but that's why his is a billionaire, he knows how to correct them mistakes..

Are your owners still looking to get out? How's the stand coming along? Are the accounts in yet? Will we see some of your amazing talent from your world class academy come through this season? Do you have enough money to invest in the academy? Oh yea, you building the new stand to become financially free so you will be able to invest in the academy.

Well run.

900m lol. You're having a laugh!!

You dream of an academy as good as ours.

Parish and the Americans are certainly backing Patrick this summer. Nothing to suggest they are looking at leaving. Guehi and Olise, both outstanding signings. Loads more to come as well :clap2:

Only thing you have on us is your stadium and even that is now 10 years old so you can't say its shiny and new anymore!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
900m lol. You're having a laugh!!

You dream of an academy as good as ours.

Parish and the Americans are certainly backing Patrick this summer. Nothing to suggest they are looking at leaving. Guehi and Olise, both outstanding signings. Loads more to come as well :clap2:

Only thing you have on us is your stadium and even that is now 10 years old so you can't say its shiny and new anymore!
Ok then.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
There's no way Vieira was our first choice manager. It's quite possible that he was our *original* first choice back in May, but after Nuno & Favre got in touch with the club to apply for the job, they would have both jumped over him in the pecking order for obvious reasons.

bless

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

and amyl nitrate

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
you are seriously deluded…
because we have the most passionateu fan base in the league,:

This one could be a keeper :lol: New toy for NSC :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here