Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Of course they can. Get taken over by Putin, or some bloodthirsty dictator in a cloak or whatever and they could potentially achieve that with subsequent sanctions for breaking ffp (not the first time palace have ignored financial contraints obviously).

But of course the 'against modern football' principled ultras (can't believe I've typed that) will reject that and rise as one to chase the naredowells out of town. Hurrah

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
how was Eastenders last night?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I feel a phenomenal game in the making:-

Know Your Plaice.

Dab or plaice

1702632624001.png

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Most of the decent Palace fans do recognise that we are light years ahead of them. I don't feel sorry for them, given the grief I've had to take over the past thirty years and I have to say I'm loving the nibbles that are happening now, BRING IT ON (Yes, we will lose (loose) to them next week, of course, it's the Brighton way!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
It makes total sense that the cost of building would have gone up considerably in the 7 years since the idea was proposed.
But that isn't the reason they're talking about needing extra funds.

Their owners could easily fund it, if they felt there was any value in doing so.
It has always been PR bullshit.
Presumably there is no value because they don’t need the space. They need to renovate of course, but looks practically impossible based on the location / space and the funds they could realistically allocate.

This is not a case of ‘build it and they will come’. Too much competition from better teams / experiences in their area. Perhaps if they steadily progressed year on year, they could show they are drawing in more and more fans, and slowly attract more interest in investing etc.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Presumably there is no value because they don’t need the space. They need to renovate of course, but looks practically impossible based on the location / space and the funds they could realistically allocate.

This is not a case of ‘build it and they will come’. Too much competition from better teams / experiences in their area. Perhaps if they steadily progressed year on year, they could show they are drawing in more and more fans, and slowly attract more interest in investing etc.
Yeah quite.

They have invested in their academy, which is sensible business.
Once they are developing 1 or 2 premier league standard players a season, they can start thinking about "the next level"

A new stand cannot compete, in revenue terms in comparison to selling/not buying, 1 decent player a season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are going to batter us next week though, aren't they?
Here's the thing: if we lose 3-0, we're still 7 points clear of them, in a new stadium with a manager the envy of Real Madrid and Man Utd fans, a team capable of finishing in the top 6, and with fans dreaming of a trip to one of the biggest household name clubs in Europe. There will still be no Palace in Europe I'm afraid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's the thing: if we lose 3-0, we're still 7 points clear of them, in a new stadium with a manager the envy of Real Madrid and Man Utd fans, a team capable of finishing in the top 6, and with fans dreaming of a trip to one of the biggest household name clubs in Europe. There will still be no Palace in Europe I'm afraid.
Yeah but they've got Roy and the Always.

Oh yeah I see what you mean.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah but they've got Roy and the Always.

Oh yeah I see what you mean.
And a brand new stand that is probably coming on nicely by now. And a Champions League place in 10-15 years apparently. (Beaky knows best)

Edit: actually WIN the league in 10-15 years. My mistake.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Agree with everything but our Stadium is no longer new, it's great but no longer has a blue roof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here