Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I have stopped going to away matches because for some reason they seem to bring all the pond life “stuck in the early 80s” type who seem to spend all their time goading home fans rather than support the team.

( That’s probably unfair to the majority but a few bad apples spoil it for everyone, I don’t think that’s just a palace problem either )
I don't think its contained to away fans. As a neutral I recently visited Ashton Gate and noted about 15 young Bristol City fans spend the whole game standing up goading the Ipswich support. It's really is pathetic to watch and I felt really sorry for the fans who were sat behind them and unable to view the game. To be honest the stewards need to warn them and if they persist then chuck them out - it's not supporting your team (hardly any of them watched the game - poor as it was).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Palace fans are certainly jealous of the European tour, but is it having a knock on effect on Premier League performance? Certainly looks like the previous habits of lots of possession but not many shots are reappearing. Is this down to fatigue? Injuries? Asking for a friend, as its clear Palace wont need to worry about this for a while

Sorry for delay in replying to your post,
Just back from Amsterdam. What a few days. I’m sure you enjoyed watching us destroy the four time’s European champions in their own back yard.

Of course playing these extra games is having an effect.

Sold two of our best players in Moises and Ali Mac. Julio and March injured long term, add in recent injuries to Pervis, Tariq, Dunk, Milner, Wellbeck, Llana. That’s a hellava injury list and it’s clear we’re weaker than last season.

Having said that we’re still in a great position in the league (not sure how far above Palace as I don’t look at the bottom half of the table) and looking good to be still planning more
European away days in 2024.

How’s your Saturday been?

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just back from Amsterdam. What a few days. I’m sure you enjoyed watching us destroy the four time’s European champions in their own back yard.

Sold two of our best players in Moises and Ali Mac. Julio and March injured long term, add in recent injuries to Pervis, Tariq, Dunk, Milner, Llana. That’s a hellava injury list and it’s clear we’re weaker than last season.

Having said that we’re still in a great position in the league (not sure how far above Palace as I don’t look at the bottom half of the table) and looking good to be still planning more

Personally still disappointed we only managed a draw away at Everton with our heavily-rotated squad….on the plus side still got a fair chunk of the quarter of a billion Chelsea gave us to play with in January as well, and seems like we’ve got real plans for more investment in facilities at the ground that should be completed ready for next season :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Personally still disappointed we only managed a draw away at Everton with our heavily-rotated squad….on the plus side still got a fair chunk of the quarter of a billion Chelsea gave us to play with in January as well, and seems like we’ve got real plans for more investment in facilities at the ground that should be completed ready for next season :smile:
I see what you've done there.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Sold two of our best players in Moises and Ali Mac. Julio and March injured long term, add in recent injuries to Pervis, Tariq, Dunk, Milner, Llana. That’s a hellava injury list and it’s clear we’re weaker than last season.

Another example of why the functionality on this site needs to change to be able to give more than one “like” to a post

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Reading online that the fanatics staged a walk out yesterday with some fans concerned that the atmosphere was nothing without them.

Why did they walk out?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Reading online that the fanatics staged a walk out yesterday with some fans concerned that the atmosphere was nothing without them.

Why did they walk out?
Probably campaigning to get their racist back. How dare the club think they can ban fans, that's the role of the blackshirts so they needed to re-stamp their authority, like getting their choice of seats home and away.

Amazing how some seemingly normal Palace fans still suck it all up and support them.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I can't believe MotD thought that was a penalty.

"every right to go down" apparently.
Problem was he went so far up, before going down.

Also "Not a cheat" according to Hodgson.
Ridiculous comments.
It's all relative. By Palace's standards that's a stonewall penalty.

They got one against us because Lampty dared jump to compete fir a header against one of their lumps.

They are so used to getting penalties for falling over they truly believe they are justified, they play to another set of rules to everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here