Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Why would anyone want to pay for corporate ENTERTAINMENT at Smellhurst...?

So far this season they've seen 6 goals (3H, 3A) from 4 matches - and 5 of those were in a single match.

C.f. the AMEX - we've had 26 (TWENTY f***ing SIX) goals (15H, 11A) from 6 matches, and not a single goalless draw...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Corporate I guess? Though I agree, based on albion revenue being very similar to Palace (difference due to capacity) it seems highly unlikely they'll see that sort of increase. Unless they're very good at something we aren't?

Had a quick look at the Albion's Corporate offering/prices and pulled together an estimate of what they could achieve
Cat ACat BCat CCat D
Mullery's
£425.00​
£355.00​
£255.00​
£235.00​
Goldstone, Bruno's HBs
£355.00​
£300.00​
£225.00​
£200.00​
Heineken Experience
£275.00​
£235.00​
£180.00​
£165.00​
Standard Ticket
£50.00​
£40.00​
£30.00​
£20.00​

Estimating a third of the capacity could be corporate and the rest of the tickets would average out at standard matchday average:
Cat ACat BCat CCat D
Seats/Games​
Tier 1 Hospitality​
500​
£425,000£710,000£892,500£705,000
Tier 2 Hospitality​
1000​
£710,000£1,200,000£1,575,000£1,200,000
Tier 3 Hospitality​
1000​
£550,000£940,000£1,260,000£990,000
Standard Tickets​
5000​
£500,000£800,000£1,050,000£600,000
£14,107,500.00

So to hit their £30 million target, they would need to make it all corporate or charge significantly more than we do.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
An Arsenal mate of mine who goes to the odd match at the Emirates, told me that when he does get a ticket approx £120, they make a day of it and book a meal at the ground and a few pints before and after the game, he seems to think it a £250 to £300 day !!!

So £200 per corporate seat at any premier club is probably not too far wrong ?
Had a look into it, Corporate much more than I thought it was, but even then, you would need to shift nearly all of the extra capacity as Corporate seats to hit the £30 m target.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
But don’t forget: they have a drum.

That’s gotta be worth, ooh… an extra £150 per ticket, at least?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don’t know if confirmed but was reading online that they are planning a Beaky out protest at Newcastle.

Not sure of the desired effect as they don’t travel well and St James isn’t the quietest of stadiums

Can’t believe they are doing this to beaky after he’s sourced an extra £30m a season in revenue

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
An Arsenal mate of mine who goes to the odd match at the Emirates, told me that when he does get a ticket approx £120, they make a day of it and book a meal at the ground and a few pints before and after the game, he seems to think it a £250 to £300 day !!!

So £200 per corporate seat at any premier club is probably not too far wrong ?
Quite possibly, but that will be a small proportion of the capacity I'd imagine, unless they are trying to pull a Fulham and charge £1,000s. Can't imagine any appetite for that at Selhurst. Also, Arsenal charge £1k for a moderate to low ranked season ticket so its all very different really.

The whole revenue thing is weird and out of kilter due to the main source of income, which is TV. The revenue figures between Albion and Palace are similar, your grounds a toilet whilst ours is modern and to a high spec. The revenue difference seems to be based on capacity difference according to a few knowledgeable folk on here, so you have to question the merit of ground expansion and extension from a purely revenue perspective whilst TV income is the main revenue.

Different I guess for tourist clubs like Utd, City, Liverpool etc where day trippers constantly turn up for their game a season and spend a fortune in the club shop but that's not going to be happening at Selhurst. Plus with grounds like WHL around for other sporting and social events the demand for non football use must reduce too.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether Palace are actually going to build this thing anyway, may just be a ruse to ease the sale - like getting planning pemission for a piece of land somewhere beofre flogging it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Quite possibly, but that will be a small proportion of the capacity I'd imagine, unless they are trying to pull a Fulham and charge £1,000s. Can't imagine any appetite for that at Selhurst. Also, Arsenal charge £1k for a moderate to low ranked season ticket so its all very different really.

The whole revenue thing is weird and out of kilter due to the main source of income, which is TV. The revenue figures between Albion and Palace are similar, your grounds a toilet whilst ours is modern and to a high spec. The revenue difference seems to be based on capacity difference according to a few knowledgeable folk on here, so you have to question the merit of ground expansion and extension from a purely revenue perspective whilst TV income is the main revenue.

Different I guess for tourist clubs like Utd, City, Liverpool etc where day trippers constantly turn up for their game a season and spend a fortune in the club shop but that's not going to be happening at Selhurst. Plus with grounds like WHL around for other sporting and social events the demand for non football use must reduce too.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether Palace are actually going to build this thing anyway, may just be a ruse to ease the sale - like getting planning pemission for a piece of land somewhere beofre flogging it.

This is the thing I don't get.
To make enough extra profit to "be competitive" they need a lot more than £30m a season.
The likelihood of getting that much extra revenue seems unlikely and even then it won't all be profit.

Particularly if they have to pay off loans for the construction cost.
At best they would have £15m a season for the transfer budget.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is all so hilarious. What do these mugs expect ? They are overachieving for their budget. Do they want beaky out and the Arabs in ?

We have been very lucky with having the best owner in football but tbh beaky can't be that far behind as they always seem to get 10-12th in the table. They should be careful for what they wish for.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is all so hilarious. What do these mugs expect ? They are overachieving for their budget. Do they want beaky out and the Arabs in ?

We have been very lucky with having the best owner in football but tbh beaky can't be that far behind as they always seem to get 10-12th in the table. They should be careful for what they wish for.
10-12th?

The Nigels have finished top half (10th) just ONCE since they were last promoted a decade ago. They are permanent also rans who occasionally flirt with relegation. They're not in our class I'm afraid.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
10-12th?

The Nigels have finished top half (10th) just ONCE since they were last promoted a decade ago. They are permanent also rans who occasionally flirt with relegation. They're not in our class I'm afraid.
You're right !!

Just had a look and average about 13th. Which must correlate to their budget in the league. Let's face it only us and Brentford are overachieving on that front. So I still stand by my point, what do they expect?!? Unless they can get some real money into the club they probably should just be happy with what they have. Mind numbing mediocrity, in the best league in the world.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I go to all home games and a few away games, about 10 of us meet in the pub beforehand, I have never heard of anyone in my circle or where I sit say they want Parish out, never heard muttering or chants in the crowd.

Yes there might be a few internet warriors saying stupid stuff, but I would guess only ones that didn’t go 15 years ago. ( I think I even read Brighton fans muttering about Bloom a couple of seasons ago, just to push my point about nutters)

Most of us at palace remember Charlton fans demanding “ the next step” on limited financing, a lesson there for all football fans.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It’s quite funny that BHA built the Amex (cap. circa 32,000) for around £100m, whilst CPFC will spend £150m on adding just 7,500 to their capacity.

The business case for that new stand must be similar to that of HS2.
It was originally estimated at £100m.
I was surprised that the cost had only increased by 50% in the past 7 years.

Seeing as they are currently putting the construction work out to tender, I assume that the £150m is what hey expect the cost to have risen to.
This may be an attempt to keep the estimates down during the tender process.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Did anyone sit to the end of MotD on Saturday and catch their 0-0 draw with Fulham? There's not much to say about the game, but one thing about the coverage really jarred with me. They still have those dancing girls! Over a decade since Gully's Girls went. Five years since even Darts and F1 realised that scantily clad models parading for the crowd was a tad 'Man About The House' for the 21st century, Palace are still seeing them as an appropriate part of welcoming a diverse crowd to a sporting event. It seemed such an anachronism that I looked up which other English teams still have cheerleaders. The answer is none. Not none in the EPL, none in the four divisions. What are they thinking?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It’s quite funny that BHA built the Amex (cap. circa 32,000) for around £100m, whilst CPFC will spend £150m on adding just 7,500 to their capacity.

The business case for that new stand must be similar to that of HS2.
It is Beaky's vanity project so cost does not matter. If he somehow pulls it off using other people's money whilst paying himself handsomely as CEO, I would have to say 'nice one' to the prat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here