Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Not posted for a while, but still been reading regularly. I grudgingly have to agree with loz that I am jealous of what you achieved last season, and the European adventure. Boy was I hoping for a couple of Eastern European trips, instead you got Ajax, Marseilles and Athens.
I term Palace Brighton as a rivalry, and of course I have getting beat by your lot, but I find it much more funny seeing Chavski and Manure struggling, and both of us winning at the theatre of nightmares is brilliant.
I will say I did have a chuckle at the Villa result on Saturday, but I doubt it will be more than a blip, especially as you have the bin-dippers to look forward to at the weekend

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not posted for a while, but still been reading regularly. I grudgingly have to agree with loz that I am jealous of what you achieved last season, and the European adventure. Boy was I hoping for a couple of Eastern European trips, instead you got Ajax, Marseilles and Athens.
I term Palace Brighton as a rivalry, and of course I have getting beat by your lot, but I find it much more funny seeing Chavski and Manure struggling, and both of us winning at the theatre of nightmares is brilliant.
I will say I did have a chuckle at the Villa result on Saturday, but I doubt it will be more than a blip, especially as you have the bin-dippers to look forward to at the weekend
There is nothing more edifying than seeing a Chelsea defeat at present. Feel free to wipe the floor with them on Boxing Day

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Is that the bin dippers that put 7 (seven) past you at Selhurst a couple of years ago?

We all have the occasional bad day.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Is that the bin dippers that put 7 (seven) past you at Selhurst a couple of years ago?

We all have the occasional bad day.
I would have saved that retort until after we have played on Sunday, thanks for tempting fate.
As we have seen, when we have an off day, we have an off day in style.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah, done that . Then you get posters like the one above being abusive and others calling for a ban. If I’m being honest I’m seriously thinking of not coming on here again.
Fair play. All the best mate.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can’t win can I . post and I get stick , don’t post and the same thing happens .
As others have no doubt said, you completely disappear when we're winning and you're losing, and then you predictably appear as soon as results go your way. It's pathetic. Other Palace fans here post whether times are good or bad, so they get more respect than you.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I wonder how many Palace fans will see the game tonight and feel a little jealous?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crikey our Croydon cousins have thirteen first team squad players injured, bet they're glad to see the international break

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007

Attachments

• IMG_9014.gif
    IMG_9014.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 54

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
You know that new stand that was started 2-3 years ago? They're building another now. The fenced ring will need to be expanded 50% though it seems.

Kind of hoping this isn't more bullshit as it will break them, more likely relegation if the don't spunk all the cash on players wages year after year after year

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You know that new stand that was started 2-3 years ago? They're building another now. The fenced ring will need to be expanded 50% though it seems.

Palace are going to sue them for that article: "The start of work to build a new 13,500-capacity Main Stand and improve other areas of the ground, which celebrates its 100th anniversary next year"

The club is 162 years old - didn't they get the memo?

It's funny because they're not going to celebrate their own 100th anniversary :ROFLMAO:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How many main stands can that ground have? Have they ring fenced the ring fence?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Palace are going to sue them for that article: "The start of work to build a new 13,500-capacity Main Stand and improve other areas of the ground, which celebrates its 100th anniversary next year"

The club is 162 years old - didn't they get the memo?

It's funny because they're not going to celebrate their own 100th anniversary :ROFLMAO:
Aren’t they saying it’s the grounds 100th anniversary not the clubs?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Claiming £20-£30m, additional revenue, will be generated every season.

From an additional 7,500 capacity?
That's £200 per seat, per match :unsure:

At Palace?

Good old Parish......
Never disappoints with his bullshit.

Even if this is achieved, the best they can hope for, is half a decent level transfer, per season from it.
And that's assuming they aren't funding the build (Currently estimated at £150m) from the increased revenue.
Why does anyone think it's worth doing?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Claiming £20-£30m, additional revenue, will be generated every season.

From an additional 7,500 capacity?
That's £200 per seat, per match :unsure:

At Palace?

Good old Parish......
Never disappoints with his bullshit.

Even if this is achieved, the best they can hope for, is half a decent level transfer, per season from it.
And that's assuming they aren't funding the build (Currently estimated at £150m) from the increased revenue.
Why does anyone think it's worth doing?
Corporate I guess? Though I agree, based on albion revenue being very similar to Palace (difference due to capacity) it seems highly unlikely they'll see that sort of increase. Unless they're very good at something we aren't?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Corporate I guess? Though I agree, based on albion revenue being very similar to Palace (difference due to capacity) it seems highly unlikely they'll see that sort of increase. Unless they're very good at something we aren't?
An Arsenal mate of mine who goes to the odd match at the Emirates, told me that when he does get a ticket approx £120, they make a day of it and book a meal at the ground and a few pints before and after the game, he seems to think it a £250 to £300 day !!!

So £200 per corporate seat at any premier club is probably not too far wrong ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here