Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You really have gone full on Chelsea supporter with all your money…

“ it’s come to my attention that I am considerably richer than you” as Harry Enfield once said.

I don't think that's accurate because we spend less money than Palace (check the 'spend' tables linked on other threads). Haha was on about £130k a week wasn't he, and he left for free when you could have sold him for something like £60m 2 years ago - so £60m over 2 years + £130k a week works out at £730,000 a week for one player (vs selling him). That's not a sensible way to run a club (unless you have money to burn, like Chelsea).

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I don't think that's accurate because we spend less money than Palace (check the 'spend' tables linked on other threads). Haha was on about £130k a week wasn't he, and he left for free when you could have sold him for something like £60m 2 years ago - so £60m over 2 years + £130k a week works out at £730,000 a week for one player (vs selling him). That's not a sensible way to run a club (unless you have money to burn, like Chelsea).
I wasn’t having a go at BHA FC, it was meant to be a jokey dig at one one the posters, who kept on about how much money the club has….like someone waving £50 notes in a poor persons face.

I think the whole football world look agog at the players and prices Brighton are getting and wonder how they do it. ( seeing Chelsea get their pants pulled down is also quite amusing)

I am old school if you have no money you can talk about being skint, if your rich it’s crass to talk about how much money you have.

Going back to upsetting folks I do not believe anything I said should have upset anyone, I was just pointing out and giving my views on some comments on here.

That’s all.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I wasn’t having a go at BHA FC, it was meant to be a jokey dig at one one the posters, who kept on about how much money the club has….like someone waving £50 notes in a poor persons face.

That's a lie.

You're talking about me there. I mentioned it once in reply to that tosspot @Dougie that we made nearly £400m in sales.

Then you came out with the Harry Enfield quote so I through it back at you.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
What have I said that's shit? Get your tounge out his arse.

Take your pick really.

A lot of the Palace fans on here are twats and whilst they’re clearly looking for a reaction (although people would be better off ignoring them rather than giving them what they’re looking for) so I fully understand giving them shit.

Loz is a pretty rational poster though and doesn’t just pop up on here when Palace win so the faux OTT anger just looks like the internet version of somebody doing the classic “hold me back” act at a football match.

It’s a free world though and people are free to make themselves look like an idiot if they want.

:shrug:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Take your pick really.

A lot of the Palace fans on here are twats and whilst they’re clearly looking for a reaction (although people would be better off ignoring them rather than giving them what they’re looking for) so I fully understand giving them shit.

Loz is a pretty rational poster though and doesn’t just pop up on here when Palace win so the faux OTT anger just looks like the internet version of somebody doing the classic “hold me back” act at a football match.

It’s a free world though and people are free to make themselves look like an idiot if they want.

:shrug:
Sorry, didn't know you were the forum police. I think it's you looking the idiot backing a Palace fan on our forum.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just to get this back on track, and so we all play nicely, I see Olise looks pretty much a done deal, will Palace have enough players for a match day squad?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I know he's injured at the moment, but that's got to be a big blow to Palace. Eze seems to be coming out of his shell, but Olise was different class. Their squad is starting to look a little on the thin side.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
TBF some of us have been watching Cricket and not thinking about football, I didn’t bother to go to Hove today as Sussex have been awful in the 50 over games and got another beating today.

Still 4th in the championship though… what is it 1 win and 9 draws, but games in hand should see us 2 nd.

So not so much crawled out of our cesspits more just taking notice of football again.
You should join the Sussex cricket thread. Although you may not wish to volunteer yourself to depression.

I've not had much cricket given that August is the month of The Humbug and I refuse to watch that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, didn't know you were the forum police. I think it's you looking the idiot backing a Palace fan on our forum.
Interesting to see that you have zero support for your polemic. Whereas @loz is treated with equanimity. :shrug:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I know he's injured at the moment, but that's got to be a big blow to Palace. Eze seems to be coming out of his shell, but Olise was different class. Their squad is starting to look a little on the thin side.

Eze rumoured to be off now also!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here