Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Will be interesting to see what happens next season. Distraction of European football (Must be nailed on now), at least a couple of players leaving, and how long before De Zerbi gets poached by a "big" club?
Have to admit it was an excellent performance against Arsenal, played them off the park, and from what I saw on TV there were plenty of limbs for the 1st 2 goals, less so for the 3rd as the result was not in doubt by then.
How many going to Newcastle on Thursday?
Do you expect to win the last 4 games?
These are all valid points. If we make Europe (and it’s not nailed on) then we will face a set of challenges unlike anything we’ve faced before. I think we’re realistic enough to realise that our progress up the table might well be compromised by a European competition. I’d be happy with staying well clear of the relegation battle if we can go deep into a Euro cup.

Less worried about big players going at this stage, as we’ve loan players out who have done well elsewhere and will return and Moder coming back from long term injury, all of which is before we do any summer business.

De Zerbi. I think we’ll get another full season out of him. It looks like the board will be backing him in the summer and he hasn’t had a pre-season of his own yet. I worry about a return to Italy for him in due course but what can you do? Uncle Tony will have his manager spreadsheet tucked away somewhere.

And winning the last four matches? God, no. Even our own tracker only offers up a win and two draws, which would do the job for Europe. I hope we might squeeze two wins but wouldn’t bet on it, as the squad is starting to look a little ragged with injuries.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Will be interesting to see what happens next season. Distraction of European football (Must be nailed on now), at least a couple of players leaving, and how long before De Zerbi gets poached by a "big" club?
Have to admit it was an excellent performance against Arsenal, played them off the park, and from what I saw on TV there were plenty of limbs for the 1st 2 goals, less so for the 3rd as the result was not in doubt by then.
Flushed a lurker out!!

Reactions: cjd

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Over their 10 years in the Premier League, they must have spent over a billion on fees, wages and agents. That’s an awful lot of money to spend to get 12th place and a ground only fit for League One.

Never more than 50 points, never higher than 10th, and a blueprint for a new stand.
What fantastic value for money.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Over their 10 years in the Premier League, they must have spent over a billion on fees, wages and agents. That’s an awful lot of money to spend to get 12th place and a ground only fit for League One.

Never more than 50 points, never higher than 10th, and a blueprint for a new stand.
Organic growth, innit? :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The new stand must be finished by now, worked started "late 2018".
I know that cos it says so here

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
At least 2 players were spoken to by the police, and in both cases Brighton did nothing and let them carry on as if nothing happened. Same with the unnamed player at Arsenal. Whereas Man u immediately suspended Mason Greenwood, and an unnamed Everton player hasnt been seen since he was accused. I get the innocent until proved guilty argument, but in my job, if I were charged with a crime, I would be suspended pending the results

What 2 players are you talking about?

Would it be Dunk and Bissouma?

If it is, Bissouma was never charged, and Dunk was found not guilty after a trial and the young lady in question later confessed that she had lied about the whole thing.
You obviously don’t get innocent until proven guilty as you have hinted pretty strongly that they both had a case to answer. I would suggest your post is border line libellous.

@Bozza, I think this fell needs a ban to consider his posts.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'd be gobsmacked if we didn't drop off a little with the combined effect of losing 1 or 2 top top players, Chelsea being less shit (surely they can't be as bad again) and if we get a Euorpean place the burden that generates. However, with the transfer activity so far it bodes well for how well we might deal with all that.

However, if we were to lose De Zerbi........

How's the new stand coming along????????

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Rumours flying about either Hodgson staying on for another year or bringing in Potter. I'm not even sure I'd be angry at Potter for going to Palace, especially considering his record in the Palace v Albion games. Could be an easy 6 points year on year.
I'd find it hysterical if Harry Potter turned up at Smellhurst; it would close the circle on a fantastic act of betrayal.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

.... and still have an embarrassing ground and no clear vision of how to change it to keep pace with the rest of the Premier League, only saving grace will be next year's relegation to the Championship which won't be as competitive in terms of infrastructure

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At least 2 players were spoken to by the police, and in both cases Brighton did nothing and let them carry on as if nothing happened.

Which 2 players, and what were they eventually found guilty of? If they weren't guilty of anything, then I'm not sure what you want them to be punished for.

Man u immediately suspended Mason Greenwood

Have you heard the audio of what he did? Please supply an equivalent of what any Brighton player did.

And the post you've quoted was about fans, not players.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At least 2 players were spoken to by the police, and in both cases Brighton did nothing and let them carry on as if nothing happened. Same with the unnamed player at Arsenal. Whereas Man u immediately suspended Mason Greenwood, and an unnamed Everton player hasnt been seen since he was accused. I get the innocent until proved guilty argument, but in my job, if I were charged with a crime, I would be suspended pending the results
Clueless

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Apart from the fact that I am clearly talking about fan misbehaviour in my post, you couldn't be more wrong about the Brighton players as already mentioned above. However, you Palace fans will keep on spewing out the same old shite about Lewis Dunk despite knowing the facts of the outcome. I really don't know why the club tolerate it when they come down on their own so hard.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Each case is different. Greenwood, for example, was suspended because a recording was made public and he was charged.

Anyway...

Here's convicted sex offender Neil Shipperley still featured on the official Crystal Palace Facebook page.

Also on the official site, where he's described as a "Palace legend"...

legend.png

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Those Palace fans are really hurting aren’t they? They are actually having a decent season given how dull they’ve been but us being the media darlings and top dogs now is really sticking in their craw. Suck it up guys and…mind the gap :smile:

It has been a long time coming and I can’t help feeling that the gap has not widened as much as it will do either.

Has Dougie finished washing his hair yet?
The inescapable fact is almost every Palace fan would give their eye-teeth to be us right now, a smaller club gaining a reputation for great football, home of some of the hottest playing and coaching talent in the world right now and sticking it up the big boys regularly in our (reasonably) new stadium and owned by a lifelong fan.

theboybilly

Don't forget the new Academy that isn't as big as our Women's Hub at Lancing. And they don't own it. .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here