Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Yes we have 5 or 6 playing in the big boys league most notably Rak- Sakyi playing for Charlton and Banks playing for Bradford, both who scored yesterday.
Seriously mate, don't try and compare your pitiful academy and youth setup and pathway to the first team to ours, you're just embarrassing yourself. Your first team has just 2 regulars under 22 in Olise and Guehi plus your 4th choice teen keeper out of necessity , our squad has 10 players 22 and under all with plenty of first team experience including Ferguson, Caicedo, Sarmiento, Gilmour, Lamptey, Buonanotte, Enciso, Ayari, Van Hecke & Collwill (on loan). We also have 10 players 23 and under out on loan to Tier 1 & 2 clubs across Europe and the UK, what do Palace have? One 19yr old out on loan at Hull and a 20yr old out at Lincoln City. I haven't even mentioned the 11 U21s we have out on loan to other Football League clubs.. It's a no contest.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh yes I agree, it’s impressive that Brighton pluck someone from the Peruvian second division no one has heard of and that player turns out to be a world better, they have a bloody good scouting team.

Have, or had. It worries me what damage Potter did when he pillaged our recruitment set up

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This business about "6k at Withdean" constantly being used by Palace as a stick to beat us with never fails to amuse. Quite apart from the understandably near-empty away end, I would LOVE to see what crowds Palace would draw in to watch 4th division football against Rochdale, played at an open air sports centre.

I guess those "LEGENDARY" spotty black-clad ultras would've been queuing round the block eh.

Meantime, in the real world, if Palace drop out of the Prem, you can wave goodbye to circa 10,000 from Selhurst. This is fact.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Seriously mate, don't try and compare your pitiful academy and youth setup and pathway to the first team to ours, you're just embarrassing yourself. Your first team has just 2 regulars under 22 in Olise and Guehi plus your 4th choice teen keeper out of necessity , our squad has 10 players 22 and under all with plenty of first team experience including Ferguson, Caicedo, Sarmiento, Gilmour, Lamptey, Buonanotte, Enciso, Ayari, Van Hecke & Collwill (on loan). We also have 10 players 23 and under out on loan to Tier 1 & 2 clubs across Europe and the UK, what do Palace have? One 19yr old out on loan at Hull and a 20yr old out at Lincoln City. I haven't even mentioned the 11 U21s we have out on loan to other Football League clubs.. It's a no contest.
Palace's U21s have done very well in EPL2 this season. Ours sit three places below them. However, some have been a little busy elsewhere.

Between the 25 of them Adringa, Kozlowski, Sima, Roberts, Caicedo, Gilmour, Ayari, Buonanotte, Sarmiento, Enciso, Ferguson, Moran, Offiah, Peupion, Beadle, Rushworth, Weir, Khadra, Turns, Leonard, Jenks, Furlong, Miller, Spong and Tolaj have played 71 games in the EPL, 25 in the Championship, 108 in League One, 101 in League Two, 23 FA Cup games, 28 in the EFL Cup, 23 in the Eredivisie, 26 in Ligue 1, 28 in the Jupiler Pro League, 9 in the Scottish Premiership, 2 in Scottish Championship, 2 in ECL Qualifying, 8 in the Europa League and 6 at the World Cup.

We have only 6 EPL goals (Not all Ferguson:- No other team has more EPL goalscorers U21 this season) and 1 in the World Cup to compete with the League One and Two goals that @loz was showing off about.

I left out Colwill's 10 games in the EPL, 2 in the FA Cup and 3 in the EFL Cup as he's on loan to us. (A bit like Guehi is to Palace, if the sell on and buy back clauses follow the usual Chelsea format).

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I am off work after an operation and I am getting pretty bored 😁

The Amex offer a nice tour if you're stuck for something to do? ;) Get well soon.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Palace's U21s have done very well in EPL2 this season. Ours sit three places below them. However, some have been a little busy elsewhere.

Between the 25 of them Adringa, Kozlowski, Sima, Roberts, Caicedo, Gilmour, Ayari, Buonanotte, Sarmiento, Enciso, Ferguson, Moran, Offiah, Peupion, Beadle, Rushworth, Weir, Khadra, Turns, Leonard, Jenks, Furlong, Miller, Spong and Tolaj have played 71 games in the EPL, 25 in the Championship, 108 in League One, 101 in League Two, 23 FA Cup games, 28 in the EFL Cup, 23 in the Eredivisie, 26 in Ligue 1, 28 in the Jupiler Pro League, 9 in the Scottish Premiership, 2 in Scottish Championship, 2 in ECL Qualifying, 8 in the Europa League and 6 at the World Cup.

We have only 6 EPL goals (Not all Ferguson:- No other team has more EPL goalscorers U21 this season) and 1 in the World Cup to compete with the League One and Two goals that @loz was showing off about.

I left out Colwill's 10 games in the EPL, 2 in the FA Cup and 3 in the EFL Cup as he's on loan to us. (A bit like Guehi is to Palace, if the sell on and buy back clauses follow the usual Chelsea format).
Tell me, how did you come up with your username?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would have no problem looking round the stadium, and thanks 👍
Talking of which, attended a business event at Stamford Bridge once, a guy called "Elvis" did the ground tour, he was brilliant, knew everything about Chelsea and when you mentioned matches to him he'd tell you the scrorers and everything, great and very funny guy.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve seen on a dodgy transfer site that Arsenal are in for Olise in the summer.

£40 million apparently.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

£40 million apparently.
Can't see Palace taking that but I don't know what his contract position is.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011

£40 million apparently.
Would that be the same website that says Caciedo and Mac Aliister are off in the summer for a total of £250 million?

Fair play if you can get that money for them

Serious question, is it annoying that your best players get sold (albeit for good sums of money) and then tend to underachieve at their new club? Or is there enough faith in the recruitment that a few more gems will roll off the conveyor belt?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Would that be the same website that says Caciedo and Mac Aliister are off in the summer for a total of £250 million?

Fair play if you can get that money for them

Serious question, is it annoying that your best players get sold (albeit for good sums of money) and then tend to underachieve at their new club? Or is there enough faith in the recruitment that a few more gems will roll off the conveyor belt?
I don’t care about their new club as long as they do well for us. As for selling, it’s how we keep the thing going, buy young prospects sell seasoned professionals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here